LG 687L Side by Side Door GS-B680 Series

GS-B680PL (Stainless Steel), GS-B680WL (White)

Pros

• Self-adjusting moisture levels

• Anti-fingerprint finish

Cons

• High price tag

• Internal Layout
Tony47South East Queensland, QLD

Fridge section fine freezer cannot keep set Temperature

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for $1,089.00.

PK P
PK PMelbourne

Good but more improvement can done

It's quite, easy to clean and good value to money.
However, LG could do better with design, for example can add more shelf , add eggs compartment tray, can also add can/wine bottle holder like one in Westighouse. It's massive 680L refrigerator where 40% of those space wasted due to lack of shelf. I am only disappointed with utilizing total 680L space as I bought in impression that it's bigger than other competitors.
I have see frost building in my freezer which I escalated to LG support. Technician is due to visit and fix that. Not entirely happy with this unit. It could be faulty unit but I purchased it after reading so many good reviews here.
If I get second chance I will buy westinghouse or Hisense next time.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
unsatisfied customer
unsatisfied customerSydney, NSW

Amended review after 2..5 yrs

Purchased in December 2016.

Side by Side Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how LG 687L Side by Side Door GS-B680 Series compares to other Side by Side Fridges / Refrigerators

Newman999

Debbieasked
Reviewer R.
Reviewer R.

Bazasked
687L Side by Side Door GS-B680WL (White)

Only 2 weeks old and freezer has suddenly gone to -26 and fridge to 8. This is the second time it has done this, the first time turned power off for an hour or two then back on. But now, a week later, it seems to have gone crazy again. Has anyone had this problem?

Tony47

Yes read my comments in this review area. I have a complaint active with LG as I already had the first unit replaced and second does the same. My fridge is fine steady at 2.3C but stays at -24 to -32.6C for 16 hrs and normal for periods varying from 12hrs to 72 hrs. Always goes lower after a defrost cycle that happens every 4 hrs. Check actual cycle times I have a wireless thermometer inside the freezer.

The first fridge had the computer and the temperature sensor replaced and no change.

I have asked LG to actually test a fridge over a week and log the temperatures as I feel some units are faulty. Trying to chisel icecream at -32C is not fun.

Worth a call to LG but a tech coming out will not fix it ask to be referred to guy looking into my case ( My name Turner)
This issue only reason I gave unit 2 stars otherwise 5. I get the feeling they are perplexed and really only want to replace it again.

Baz

Tony, sounds familiar. I am also using a wireless sensor inside the fridge & freezer. Mostly concerned about the fridge temp going up. After this last episode, I decided to leave it be and see what happens, after about 2 hrs temps started to return to the set temps. I have rung up and a tech can be sent out but if it is behaving normal I am sure he would not find the fault. I would like to think that LG have recognised a problem and are working on a fix. Otherwise, we like the unit.

Tony47

Mine still a issue LG dragging their tails. Taking dated pics whenever the temperature sucks. Worst -33.6C when set at -18

Megan
Meganasked
687L Side by Side Door GS-B680WL (White)

Hi does his fridge come with pure and fresh already inside the fridge? Not an add on extra

See all LG 687L Side by Side Door GS-B680 Series questions

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives

LG 687L Side by Side Door GS-B680 Series

The LG 687L Side by Side Fridges are available in a stainless-steel or white finish. Both fridges are highly rated and achieved the 2019 ProductReview Award. This LG Side by Side range offers similar features to other Side by Side ranges by LG, such as the LG 668L Side by Side series.

Features:

• Available in two options: the GS-B680PL boasts a durable stainless-steel finish that costs $100 more than the GS-B680WL, which features a white finish
  • Tempered glass shelves that are stronger and more durable than ordinary glass
  • Filtered water and ice dispenser provides cool and refreshing glasses of water
  • Includes various compartments such as door baskets, drawers, and an egg box to keep food neat and organised
  • Adjust fridge settings via the LG app, so you can alter the temperature from home or remotely
  • An alarm that’s triggered if you leave the fridge door open, in order to prevent food from spoiling

What reviewers liked about this fridge:

• The LG 687L ran so silently that it became common for reviewers to forget that their fridge was switched on
  • This fridge offers a generous amount of space that’s suitable for a two to four-person household
  • Reviewers appreciated the convenience of changing the fridge temperature via their phones
  • Despite the $2,159 price tag, most reviewers agreed that this fridge was a worthwhile investment.
Compare both LG 687L Side by Side Door GS-B680 Series
CategorySide by Side Fridges / RefrigeratorsSide by Side Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) $2,159.00$2,039.00
Dimensions 1790 x 912 x 738 mm1790 x 912 x 733 mm
Energy Rating3 star(s)2.5 star(s)
Household Size 5+ people5+ people
FeaturesDoor Alarm and Frost FreeDoor Alarm and Frost Free
Handle Type RecessedRecessed
Smart Fridge YesYes
Shelf MaterialGlassGlass
Number of Shelves44
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins22
Weight113 kg113 kg
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Colour / FinishStainless SteelWhite