LG 687L Side by Side Door GS-B680 Series

GS-B680PL (Stainless Steel), GS-B680WL (White)
See the Best Side by Side Fridges / Refrigerators in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by LG

Pros

• Self-adjusting moisture levels

• Anti-fingerprint finish

Cons

• High price tag

• Internal Layout

Nardish
NardishPeel, WA

Perfect fridge apart from the door handles

Works great. Keeps temperature perfect. Bought it in April 2019 and has started to make some funky sounds (not loud though). ONLY main gripe is design of the handles. Hard to open for someone with Arthritis. So although the sales person in store said it was only hard to open as it was a “new” fridge, we’ve had to stick pull handles on the front which takes away from the appearance. If I were to purchase a fridge today I would consider it but would choose another just due to the handle design. But all aside I would still recommend.

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,340.00.

LG
LG A.LG
Maryam M.
Maryam M.

Perfect Fridge

This fridge is the best! Unlike a previous fridge I had, I've got no issues with the temperature for fridge and freezer. The design looks sleek and it's easy to clean with just a wipe down. A great fridge, especially if an ice dispenser isn't essential for you. It's got an in-built ice maker in the freezer anyway. Heaps of space within the fridge and freezer and the best part is that it's so silent! No annoying running noise, which I encountered with a previous fridge I had. Overall, a great price, especially if you can get it on sale/promotion.

Purchased in March 2018 at The Good Guys for $1,409.00.

Justin
JustinMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Love It!!!

Purchased in December 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,600.00.

Rennie F.
Rennie F.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Love my new fridge

The side by side aspect is fantastic - I don't fall in the chest freezer any more! Plenty of room for our 2 person household. Keeps food at a steady temperature. Highly recommend this fridge

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1,500.00.

Side by Side Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how LG 687L Side by Side Door GS-B680 Series compares to other Side by Side Fridges / Refrigerators

Parth T.
Parth T.

A1 Cooling big space inside

Easy to configure. A1 cooling and can change through wifi from phone.
Smart connectivity. Easy to move with wheels.
So far so great. Haven't use all functions yet but hope it will be fun.

Purchased in October 2019 for $1,500.00.

Dukkkman
DukkkmanPeel, WA

three years and the chime still drives me crazy

Purchased in August 2016 at goodguys.

Stylish design and good space for external size.

Bought it 15 months ago. Very happy with its internal storage space compared to it's slim design. Suits up to family if 4. Works well, keeps veggies for 4-5 days despite other reviews. Looks smart with stylish curves. Low point is its highly over engineered yet useless ice maker. Otherwise happy with the purchase.

Purchased in March 2018 for $1,299.00.

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Tony47South East Queensland, QLD

Fridge section fine freezer cannot keep set Temperature

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for $1,089.00.

Nara
NaraVictoria

Really enjoying my fridge

We bought this fridge about a month ago, and i'm loving it, its very spacious for the family of 4, very quiet, the door shelves are wide (you don't know how convenient it is until you use it) and sturdy, overall rather impressed by it.

UPD: It's been nearly a year, and still very happy with it.

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys.

Crystal Wedemann
Crystal WedemannGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I love my fridge so much it’s got so much space and so much freezer room and I also love that it has the temperature controls on the outside of fridge and that I can lock it so kids cant play with it, I honestly couldn't live without my fridge best thing I've ever brought

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Alex
AlexMelbourne

Great value for money

This is my second LG fridge, which was purchased about a year ago.
No issues at all, excellent temperature control, LED lights, express freeze, WiFi, no ice and no maintenance required.
What else do you need from a fridge?

My other LG fridge (similar type) has been working hard for the last 6 years and I am very happy with the quality and reliability.
LG is a great brand when it comes to fridges, highly recommended!

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Dianna
DiannaSouth East Queensland, QLD

A little flimsy

I purchased this fridge. The fan froze over within the first six months but otherwise operates fine. The stainless stell shell dents extremely easily. I also noticed this on the display in the store, but thought it was customer abuse. it is not. Also the plastic freezer drawer has cracked without being treated harshly. I do not feel this product is very strong. Customer service was fine though.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Boz
Boz

This’s perfect fridge

Hi brought the LG stainless 3 months ego keeps the food very cold it is very spacious fridge or freezer love the container for for vegetables it is so much space ezy to clean what I like most the shelves on the door so big no problem 3 later milk fit so good I recommended

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Jos
Jos

Pleased with this purchase

Date PurchasedSept 2018
MF1987
MF1987Sydney, NSW

I purchased this fridge last year and it is awesome! It maintains a good temperature throughout and has very good storage for both freezer and fridge. It is easy to
Open but it does feel a bit heavy when opening. I especially like this fridge because I am easily able to store things in an easily accessible and organised way!

Date PurchasedSept 2017

Debbie
Debbieasked
Bazasked
687L Side by Side Door GS-B680WL (White)

Only 2 weeks old and freezer has suddenly gone to -26 and fridge to 8. This is the second time it has done this, the first time turned power off for an hour or two then back on. But now, a week later, it seems to have gone crazy again. Has anyone had this problem?

Tony47

Yes read my comments in this review area. I have a complaint active with LG as I already had the first unit replaced and second does the same. My fridge is fine steady at 2.3C but stays at -24 to -32.6C for 16 hrs and normal for periods varying from 12hrs to 72 hrs. Always goes lower after a defrost cycle that happens every 4 hrs. Check actual cycle times I have a wireless thermometer inside the freezer.

The first fridge had the computer and the temperature sensor replaced and no change.

I have asked LG to actually test a fridge over a week and log the temperatures as I feel some units are faulty. Trying to chisel icecream at -32C is not fun.

Worth a call to LG but a tech coming out will not fix it ask to be referred to guy looking into my case ( My name Turner)
This issue only reason I gave unit 2 stars otherwise 5. I get the feeling they are perplexed and really only want to replace it again.

Baz

Tony, sounds familiar. I am also using a wireless sensor inside the fridge & freezer. Mostly concerned about the fridge temp going up. After this last episode, I decided to leave it be and see what happens, after about 2 hrs temps started to return to the set temps. I have rung up and a tech can be sent out but if it is behaving normal I am sure he would not find the fault. I would like to think that LG have recognised a problem and are working on a fix. Otherwise, we like the unit.

Tony47

Mine still a issue LG dragging their tails. Taking dated pics whenever the temperature sucks. Worst -33.6C when set at -18

Megan
Meganasked
687L Side by Side Door GS-B680WL (White)

Hi does his fridge come with pure and fresh already inside the fridge? Not an add on extra

See all LG 687L Side by Side Door GS-B680 Series questions

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives

LG 687L Side by Side Door GS-B680 Series

The LG 687L Side by Side Fridges are available in a stainless-steel or white finish. Both fridges are highly rated and achieved the 2019 ProductReview Award. This LG Side by Side range offers similar features to other Side by Side ranges by LG, such as the LG 668L Side by Side series.

Features:

• Available in two options: the GS-B680PL boasts a durable stainless-steel finish that costs $100 more than the GS-B680WL, which features a white finish
  • Tempered glass shelves that are stronger and more durable than ordinary glass
  • Filtered water and ice dispenser provides cool and refreshing glasses of water
  • Includes various compartments such as door baskets, drawers, and an egg box to keep food neat and organised
  • Adjust fridge settings via the LG app, so you can alter the temperature from home or remotely
  • An alarm that’s triggered if you leave the fridge door open, in order to prevent food from spoiling

What reviewers liked about this fridge:

• The LG 687L ran so silently that it became common for reviewers to forget that their fridge was switched on
  • This fridge offers a generous amount of space that’s suitable for a two to four-person household
  • Reviewers appreciated the convenience of changing the fridge temperature via their phones
  • Despite the $2,159 price tag, most reviewers agreed that this fridge was a worthwhile investment.
Compare both LG 687L Side by Side Door GS-B680 Series
CategorySide by Side Fridges / RefrigeratorsSide by Side Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) $2,159.00$2,039.00
Dimensions 1790 x 912 x 738 mm1790 x 912 x 733 mm
Energy Rating3 star(s)2.5 star(s)
Household Size 5+ people5+ people
FeaturesDoor Alarm and Frost FreeDoor Alarm and Frost Free
Handle Type RecessedRecessed
Smart Fridge YesYes
Shelf MaterialGlassGlass
Number of Shelves44
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins22
Weight113 kg113 kg
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Colour / FinishStainless SteelWhite