LG 687L Side by Side Door GS-B680 Series

GS-B680PL (Stainless Steel), GS-B680WL (White)

Pros

• Self-adjusting moisture levels

• Anti-fingerprint finish

Cons

• High price tag

• Internal Layout

Maryam M.

Maryam M.

Perfect Fridge

This fridge is the best! Unlike a previous fridge I had, I've got no issues with the temperature for fridge and freezer. The design looks sleek and it's easy to clean with just a wipe down. A great fridge, especially if an ice dispenser isn't essential for you. It's got an in-built ice maker in the freezer anyway. Heaps of space within the fridge and freezer and the best part is that it's so silent! No annoying running noise, which I encountered with a previous fridge I had. Overall, a great price, especially if you can get it on sale/promotion.

Purchased in March 2018 at The Good Guys for $1,409.00.

Justin

JustinMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Love It!!!

Purchased in December 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,600.00.

Rennie F.

Rennie F.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Love my new fridge

The side by side aspect is fantastic - I don't fall in the chest freezer any more! Plenty of room for our 2 person household. Keeps food at a steady temperature. Highly recommend this fridge

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1,500.00.

Side by Side Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how LG 687L Side by Side Door GS-B680 Series compares to other Side by Side Fridges / Refrigerators

Parth T.

Parth T.

A1 Cooling big space inside

Easy to configure. A1 cooling and can change through wifi from phone.
Smart connectivity. Easy to move with wheels.
So far so great. Haven't use all functions yet but hope it will be fun.

Purchased in October 2019 for $1,500.00.

Stylish design and good space for external size.

Bought it 15 months ago. Very happy with its internal storage space compared to it's slim design. Suits up to family if 4. Works well, keeps veggies for 4-5 days despite other reviews. Looks smart with stylish curves. Low point is its highly over engineered yet useless ice maker. Otherwise happy with the purchase.

Purchased in March 2018 for $1,299.00.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Nara

NaraVictoria

Really enjoying my fridge

We bought this fridge about a month ago, and i'm loving it, its very spacious for the family of 4, very quiet, the door shelves are wide (you don't know how convenient it is until you use it) and sturdy, overall rather impressed by it.

UPD: It's been nearly a year, and still very happy with it.

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys.

Crystal Wedemann

Crystal WedemannGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I love my fridge so much it’s got so much space and so much freezer room and I also love that it has the temperature controls on the outside of fridge and that I can lock it so kids cant play with it, I honestly couldn't live without my fridge best thing I've ever brought

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Alex

AlexMelbourne

Great value for money

This is my second LG fridge, which was purchased about a year ago.
No issues at all, excellent temperature control, LED lights, express freeze, WiFi, no ice and no maintenance required.
What else do you need from a fridge?

My other LG fridge (similar type) has been working hard for the last 6 years and I am very happy with the quality and reliability.
LG is a great brand when it comes to fridges, highly recommended!

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Boz

Boz

This’s perfect fridge

Hi brought the LG stainless 3 months ego keeps the food very cold it is very spacious fridge or freezer love the container for for vegetables it is so much space ezy to clean what I like most the shelves on the door so big no problem 3 later milk fit so good I recommended

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Gune

GuneSydney

Excellent fridge

Very good fridge, designs good, easy access to the compartments, has even wifi connection even though I am not sure the main purpose. Very stylish and the door handles built into the fridge therefore getting through doors is a breeze. We have been using this for couple of weeks now and very happy with the product. LG service upto now has been very good.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
weenfar

weenfarMelbourne

Simple and sleek design!

Date PurchasedApr 2018
J W

J Wmelbourne

Great fridge

It is a functional fridge for a medium sized family. It runs quietly with beeping sound to remind you to close the fridge door. Ample space available on the doors to store drinks and bottles. The technology in which you can scan the fridge gives us a peace of mind too.

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Caitmee

CaitmeeKempsey

Great fridge!

Lots of storage within this fridge and plenty of compartments. Was easy to set with the digital face. The white version is super easy to clean and when purchased we didn't have to wait hours for it to cool down! Also has a good energy rating for larger fridge.
I originally purchased as my old fridge&freezer was way too small and I was hesitant on buying a chest freezer, so just bought this larger fridge freezer and have more than enough space for everything.

Date PurchasedJune 2018

See all LG 687L Side by Side Door GS-B680 Series reviews

Debbie

Debbieasked

Reviewer R.
Reviewer R.

Bazasked

687L Side by Side Door GS-B680WL (White)

Only 2 weeks old and freezer has suddenly gone to -26 and fridge to 8. This is the second time it has done this, the first time turned power off for an hour or two then back on. But now, a week later, it seems to have gone crazy again. Has anyone had this problem?

Tony47

Yes read my comments in this review area. I have a complaint active with LG as I already had the first unit replaced and second does the same. My fridge is fine steady at 2.3C but stays at -24 to -32.6C for 16 hrs and normal for periods varying from 12hrs to 72 hrs. Always goes lower after a defrost cycle that happens every 4 hrs. Check actual cycle times I have a wireless thermometer inside the freezer.

The first fridge had the computer and the temperature sensor replaced and no change.

I have asked LG to actually test a fridge over a week and log the temperatures as I feel some units are faulty. Trying to chisel icecream at -32C is not fun.

Worth a call to LG but a tech coming out will not fix it ask to be referred to guy looking into my case ( My name Turner)
This issue only reason I gave unit 2 stars otherwise 5. I get the feeling they are perplexed and really only want to replace it again.

Baz

Tony, sounds familiar. I am also using a wireless sensor inside the fridge & freezer. Mostly concerned about the fridge temp going up. After this last episode, I decided to leave it be and see what happens, after about 2 hrs temps started to return to the set temps. I have rung up and a tech can be sent out but if it is behaving normal I am sure he would not find the fault. I would like to think that LG have recognised a problem and are working on a fix. Otherwise, we like the unit.

Tony47

Mine still a issue LG dragging their tails. Taking dated pics whenever the temperature sucks. Worst -33.6C when set at -18

Megan

Meganasked

687L Side by Side Door GS-B680WL (White)

Hi does his fridge come with pure and fresh already inside the fridge? Not an add on extra

See all LG 687L Side by Side Door GS-B680 Series questions

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives

LG 687L Side by Side Door GS-B680 Series

The LG 687L Side by Side Fridges are available in a stainless-steel or white finish. Both fridges are highly rated and achieved the 2019 ProductReview Award. This LG Side by Side range offers similar features to other Side by Side ranges by LG, such as the LG 668L Side by Side series.

Features:

• Available in two options: the GS-B680PL boasts a durable stainless-steel finish that costs $100 more than the GS-B680WL, which features a white finish
  • Tempered glass shelves that are stronger and more durable than ordinary glass
  • Filtered water and ice dispenser provides cool and refreshing glasses of water
  • Includes various compartments such as door baskets, drawers, and an egg box to keep food neat and organised
  • Adjust fridge settings via the LG app, so you can alter the temperature from home or remotely
  • An alarm that’s triggered if you leave the fridge door open, in order to prevent food from spoiling

What reviewers liked about this fridge:

• The LG 687L ran so silently that it became common for reviewers to forget that their fridge was switched on
  • This fridge offers a generous amount of space that’s suitable for a two to four-person household
  • Reviewers appreciated the convenience of changing the fridge temperature via their phones
  • Despite the $2,159 price tag, most reviewers agreed that this fridge was a worthwhile investment.
Compare both LG 687L Side by Side Door GS-B680 Series
CategorySide by Side Fridges / RefrigeratorsSide by Side Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) $2,159.00$2,039.00
Dimensions 1790 x 912 x 738 mm1790 x 912 x 733 mm
Energy Rating3 star(s)2.5 star(s)
Household Size 5+ people5+ people
FeaturesDoor Alarm and Frost FreeDoor Alarm and Frost Free
Handle Type RecessedRecessed
Smart Fridge YesYes
Shelf MaterialGlassGlass
Number of Shelves44
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins22
Weight113 kg113 kg
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Colour / FinishStainless SteelWhite