LG GS-B680 (687L, Side by Side)

LG GS-B680 (687L, Side by Side) (page 2 of 4)

GS-B680PL (Stainless) and GS-B680WL (White)

Great fridge freezer

Pro's: More than adequate storage room in the fridge.
Very quite running
Maintains temperature to desired set point.

Con's: Very easy to jam your fingers between the fridge and freezer doors if you don't use the insert door handles on the fridge / freezer.
Small ice cube tray, not worth using

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Good but more improvement can done

It's quite, easy to clean and good value to money.
However, LG could do better with design, for example can add more shelf , add eggs compartment tray, can also add can/wine bottle holder like one in Westighouse. It's massive 680L refrigerator where 40% of those space wasted due to lack of shelf. I am only disappointed with utilizing total 680L space as I bought in impression that it's bigger than other competitors.
I have see frost building in my freezer which I escalated to LG support. Technician is due to visit and fix that. Not entirely happy with this unit. It could be faulty unit but I purchased it after reading so many good reviews here.
If I get second chance I will buy westinghouse or Hisense next time.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Great fridge

Nice and quiet is really cold and always keeps cold, its super easy to clean the shelves and temperatures are always consistent.
It doesnt get finger marks easily on the stainless which is great if you have little ones. Happy with my purchase and will definitely recommende this fridge to someone

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Best fridge.

We have had this for a few years and love it. It quiet and very easy to clean. The compartments are great as it has dividers to help us put food in the right spots. Stainless is very nice so I would recommend this one. Customer service is great and helpful

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Cools quickly, ample storage and sturdy

Well-built fridge with strong tempered glass shelves and sturdy door baskets and drawers. The clever use of internal storage space gives 422L of fridge capacity and 265L of freezer capacity. It cools quickly to reach the set temperatures, and the bright white LED lights make it easy to see everything in the fridge at a glance. The LG Inverter Linear Compressor is so quiet you have to put your ear close to the side of the fridge to hear it. Other handy features include "Smart Diagnosis" and a door open alarm that is less intrusive than my previous Samsung fridge. Also, the chrome-trimmed hidden pocket handle gives it a more elegant, streamlined and minimalist look.

This fridge is has an Energy Rating of 3 stars and its energy consumption is 565kWh/year.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Absolutely classy

The most quiet fridge ever, very elegant and the compartments are extremely useful. Having two veg/fruit baskets is so very useful for me as I use the top one for the stuff that needs to be used first and any newer stuff in the bottom one so products do not ever get wasted. Cleaning is very easy, does not even get too dirty.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Solid fridge

Purchased this fridge 6 months ago after our old one stopped working. This fridge has been reliable so far and we've had no hiccups with it. There's no ice-maker as we bought a cheaper unit but that makes for more room in the freezer. Highly recommend this fridge if you can find a good price on it.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

this is good to use

I bought this recently , it's very good to use, we have 3 person at home and will be enough for a week storage . very good cooling and storage, it's very quiet, I can't hear anything , and it's in very good compartment and good temperature to use. it is very easy to clean . it's perfect to use.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Absolutely the best

The fridge is cheap compared to other stainless fridges within the range but it does not look cheap. Very quite and spacious. The build quality is superior. The fridge is personally do not like the design of the door handle but other than that great fridge! cheap, low cost to run, good quality, spacious.
3 Stars energy rating is a bonus too.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

J͟͟u͟͟s͟͟t͟͟ a͟͟w͟͟e͟͟s͟͟o͟͟m͟͟e͟͟

It's done cuz just made by LG
Looks cool even my kitchen color is bit different not match metallic color.
Quiet i cant emagine it still turn on
And good size for 3~4 people to use.
Dont need to talk to much just buy guys
I recommend it very much

Great fridge

I bought this fridge 1 month ago,it maintains a good temperature,Surprisingly it is quieter than my previous LG fridge of 3 years. And I am very happy with it. The build quality is very good, lots of shelves, plenty of fridge space and a great value,
Overall I am very happy with it.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Good to be cool in the summer

The constant temperature of the fridge is incredible. Works really well and I haven't had any issues with it yet as I just purchased it last Christmas. I think its amazing how you can access the freezer and fridge from one place. Handles are great and easy to use as well.

Great product

Very spacious. No corner that you can’t easily access. Easy to clean and well lit. Love the extra storage spaces. Love the door in door opening option. Saves a lot of energy and maintains temperature better. Also easily accessibility to quick items like milks, juice etc. maintains temperature in the freezer beautifully.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Super quiet, super sexy on the eye

Got it for a great price 3 months ago, love the quiet linear compressor. Freezer shelves lack support to store stuff so I bought some plastic containers. Door handles are a bit low and weird to open but overall this fridge is great. Visitors have commented on how good it looks and it seems to maintain an even temperature an milk lasts days longer than in my old (>10 years) LG fridge (probably due to the odour removal system it uses). Was much easier to transport than my old fridge, and much lighter.

Very spacious

Rather roomy, more space than i was expecting. Side by side appeals to us. Handles are different to most models and take a bit of getting used to but helps in reducing smudges on the fridge door from fingerprints. I dont like the ice tray so just use some plastic ones from woolworths.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Great Side by Side Fridge

This is an absolutely great fridge. I would recommend it to those who are looking for an affordable side by side fridge.
It is very quiet, easy to use and stylish.
The total capacity of the fridge is 687L, it can store plenty of food for a 3-4 people family.
The only thing I don't like is the pocket handle design which takes some time to get used to.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

problems

have recently purchased this fridge and have had the left door replaced due to a dent on unwrapping After a couple of weeks i noticed the new replacement door had faulty temperature panel some buttons not functioning.The control panel was then replaced and set by the technician and seemed to work fine. Now i find the button to adjust fridge temperature not working .Fridge is 3 months old, I like the fridge however the ice cube tray is very dinky and a waste of time! Prob won't purchase LG again feel the control panel is too dodgy,

Great Fridge, Great Customer service

This is a very quiet fridge. Good capacity in both the fridge and freezer sections. This our second of this model in 9 months. The first one went well for about 8 months and then started to develop problems - ice cream would melt in the freezer, the fridge wouldn't get cold etc. Technician diagnosed a slow gas leak and said that instead of fixing it LG would most probably replace it. They did - minimum of fuss, after the fault was lodged by the service technician I was contacted by LG within 24 hours and 2 days later I was informed that the store credit ( Good Guys, where I bought it) ) was available. Brilliant service.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Fantastically designed and engineered

This is a superb fridge. We have had it for about 8months now and have had no problems or complaints about it. It keeps the desired temperature and it is very quiet; you wouldn't know that it was operating. The quality of the fridge is superb. And there always seems to be room. Would highly recommend this fridge.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Nice big fridge area - Freezer not so big but good value.

Fridge is a good size for me but the freezer could be bigger. The fridge has great big shelves and easily arranged to suit needs. I purchased the white model purely based on price and not looks. Always had stainless but glad I got the white now. Easily cleaned and kept clean. Good strong handles to open as they are part of the structure not add ons. For the price I am very happy so far (6months old). The freezer has an express button that blasts the freezer if you just placed shopping in etc and freezes ICE quick.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Only 2 weeks old and freezer has suddenly gone to -26 and fridge to 8. This is the second time it has done this, the first time turned power off for an hour or two then back on. But now, a week later, it seems to have gone crazy again. Has anyone had this problem?
Yes read my comments in this review area. I have a complaint active with LG as I already had the first unit replaced and second does the same. My fridge is fine steady at 2.3C but stays at -24 to -32.6C for 16 hrs and normal for periods varying from 12hrs to 72 hrs. Always goes lower after a defrost cycle that happens every 4 hrs. Check actual cycle times I have a wireless thermometer inside the freezer. The first fridge had the computer and the temperature sensor replaced and no change. I have asked LG to actually test a fridge over a week and log the temperatures as I feel some units are faulty. Trying to chisel icecream at -32C is not fun. Worth a call to LG but a tech coming out will not fix it ask to be referred to guy looking into my case ( My name Turner) This issue only reason I gave unit 2 stars otherwise 5. I get the feeling they are perplexed and really only want to replace it again.Tony, sounds familiar. I am also using a wireless sensor inside the fridge & freezer. Mostly concerned about the fridge temp going up. After this last episode, I decided to leave it be and see what happens, after about 2 hrs temps started to return to the set temps. I have rung up and a tech can be sent out but if it is behaving normal I am sure he would not find the fault. I would like to think that LG have recognised a problem and are working on a fix. Otherwise, we like the unit.Mine still a issue LG dragging their tails. Taking dated pics whenever the temperature sucks. Worst -33.6C when set at -18

Hi does his fridge come with pure and fresh already inside the fridge? Not an add on extra

Is the freezer on this unit frost free?
Hi, I've not had any frost in my freezer which is set at -17°C.Yes, it is frost free!!Mine is all frosted

GS-B680PL (Stainless)GS-B680WL (White)
Price (RRP) $2,049$1,799
Dimensions 1790 x 912 x 738 mm1790 x 912 x 733 mm
Energy Rating3 star(s)2.5 star(s)
Household Size 5+ people5+ people
FeaturesDoor Alarm and Frost FreeDoor Alarm and Frost Free
Colour / Finish Stainless SteelWhite
Handle Type RecessedRecessed
Smart Fridge YesYes
Shelf MaterialGlassGlass
Number of Shelves44
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins 22
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Capacity