LG GS-B680 (687L, Side by Side)

LG GS-B680 (687L, Side by Side) (page 3 of 4)

GS-B680PL (Stainless) and GS-B680WL (White)

See the Best Side by Side Fridges / Refrigerators in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

PJS

PJSAU

problems

have recently purchased this fridge and have had the left door replaced due to a dent on unwrapping After a couple of weeks i noticed the new replacement door had faulty temperature panel some buttons not functioning.The control panel was then replaced and set by the technician and seemed to work fine. Now i find the button to adjust fridge temperature not working .Fridge is 3 months old, I like the fridge however the ice cube tray is very dinky and a waste of time! Prob won't purchase LG again feel the control panel is too dodgy,

Date PurchasedNov 2017

flattyre

flattyre

Great Fridge, Great Customer service

This is a very quiet fridge. Good capacity in both the fridge and freezer sections. This our second of this model in 9 months. The first one went well for about 8 months and then started to develop problems - ice cream would melt in the freezer, the fridge wouldn't get cold etc. Technician diagnosed a slow gas leak and said that instead of fixing it LG would most probably replace it. They did - minimum of fuss, after the fault was lodged by the service technician I was contacted by LG within 24 hours and 2 days later I was informed that the store credit ( Good Guys, where I bought it) ) was available. Brilliant service.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
gbrohier

gbrohierRaceview

Fantastically designed and engineered

This is a superb fridge. We have had it for about 8months now and have had no problems or complaints about it. It keeps the desired temperature and it is very quiet; you wouldn't know that it was operating. The quality of the fridge is superb. And there always seems to be room. Would highly recommend this fridge.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Mark W

Mark WByron Bay

Nice big fridge area - Freezer not so big but good value.

Fridge is a good size for me but the freezer could be bigger. The fridge has great big shelves and easily arranged to suit needs. I purchased the white model purely based on price and not looks. Always had stainless but glad I got the white now. Easily cleaned and kept clean. Good strong handles to open as they are part of the structure not add ons. For the price I am very happy so far (6months old). The freezer has an express button that blasts the freezer if you just placed shopping in etc and freezes ICE quick.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Jessie

JessiePerth, WA

Great fridge

This fridge is a Great size it has really great storage, it is super quite and looks modern! Best fridge Iv owned. The storage draws are nice and deep and keep everything fresh and the side shelves for milk etc are the perfect size. Stainless dosnt mark easy either (finger prints)

Date PurchasedOct 2017

ColT

ColTParrearra

Perfect

Love this fridge. Internal lighting is great, well thought out shelving in both the fridge and the freezer and the new internal grab bar on the fridge eliminates finger prints on the door. Previous LG side by side had handles on the door and fingerprints around the handles were very noticeable.
No fridge noise at all, happy customer

Date PurchasedNov 2017

unsatisfied customer

unsatisfied customerSydney, NSW

Amended review after 2..5 yrs

Date PurchasedDec 2016

OzFrog

OzFrogSydney

Great layout and super value

This is a very spacious 687 litre fridge-freezer. Unlike the majority of alternatives the fridge and freezer compartments are side-by -side instead of one on top of the other. Not everybody's choice but we like it because each has 4 shelves and 2 drawers plus 4 deep shelves in each door, which helps you to easily organise your different types of food. It has a built in ice-maker in the freezer door and plenty of space for multiple wine or other bottles in the fridge door. Really well-designed.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Nick

NickWestern Australia, 6112

Quiet beauty in your kitchen

I bought this beauty in March 2017 from Harvey Norman for AUD 1676 (including product care) and it's been serving me quite well due to its large capacity 680L. Freezer is on the left and fridge is on the right. It is so quiet to the point that you can't even hear any compressor noise. It has an alarm system when the doors are open for too long which is awesome!!

One thing I don't understand though, the food stored in the fridge tend to be frozen although I have set the temperature at 7C (the highest possible temp).

Ja_Moo

Ja_Moo

Quite, spacious, very modern looking fridge

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Kat H

Kat HAU

Absolutely Love It

It's a very quiet fridge, easy to clean, lots of space in the doors (more than usual) which makes it extremely convenient, easy to clean exterior and strong glass shelves, holds good temp, lots of room in the freezer section and we constantly say how happy we are with it! Totally recommend.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

John D

John DVictoria, 3585

Extremely quiet.

Linear compressor makes it very quiet. 10 year warranty. Door handles a bit low. And wasted space bottom of the door. Placed some suction baskets from reject shop to use wasted space. Led Lighting excellent . Icemaker very small. Self door closer very nice. Gravity pivot. Nice finish. Has 3 wheels for easy moving. I love this fridge.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

onon2000

onon2000

Perfect, great size and cheap!

It's the best buy when we upgraded our 423L fridge to this 680L fridge. Looks fantastic and modern. Simple and we didnt need the water/ice maker. Price is fantastic, couldn't be happier.

The only thing i thought was a bit weird was to open the doors your palm must be facing down which is a bit awkward but you get used to it.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Will B

Will B

Extremely good fridge

This fridge is by far the best fridge I have owned. It has a digital display on the front to adjust the freezer and fridge temperature which is consistent through out each respective compartment.
No noise can be heard coming from the fridge.
It is extremely easy to clean I use steel wipes from Woolworths.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Hasmukh Patel

Hasmukh PatelPerth

very spacious same as we were looking for.

yes its maintain good temperature in all compartment and adjust it as per our use. it is very quiet even at night as our last freeze was very loud and even humbling some time. as this one finger print resist so very easy to clean. and the Most thing its little hard to open the door so our little one cant open it . very happy with product

vferns

vfernsnorthmead

Heaps of room! Love it!

Sleek and modern. Looks really good in the kitchen. I have found it to maintain temperature much better and the food remains fresh for a long time.
Love the side by side freezer. Heaps of room on the side.
Fridge has lots of room and in the door as well to store large bottles. Has not been very quiet. Nice and easy to clean.

AlecChu

AlecChuAU

Nice fridge.

Its a good looking fridge for sure. Given its enormous size, its still quite. It's early days still, because bought this fridge a few days back only. It has been efficient so far. Need to see how it goes in summers. But looks good a s of now and will recommend.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Melinda M

Melinda MBrisbane

This LG fridge in huge, looks great and is the best bang-for-buck fridge on the market

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Dr. Crashalot

Dr. CrashalotSYDNEY

Great value for money side by side fridge

We wanted a large, side by side fridge. Most were expensive and had ice/water dispensers that require plumbing (which we don't have). This one offers no frills and was much cheaper than anything else.

It is large, has plenty of room, and big shelves with room for large bottles. It is quiet (quieter than our old fridge)

Have to knock it slightly as the handle seems a bit low. My shorter better half also agrees that the handles feel out of place.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

peter mcginley

peter mcginleySouth East Queensland, QLD

i really love the style of my fridge and freezer side by side.

i love the style of my new fridge and freezer i have allways wanted a side by side fridge and freezer and find that the freezer keep and foods i like at a good tempreture with nice sized pull out draws to keep meats frozen and packaged frozen vegetable withe fridge with pull out draws for fresh produce and dairy its very quite you never here it accept for when door is left open to long it beeps.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Bazasked

GS-B680WL (White)

Only 2 weeks old and freezer has suddenly gone to -26 and fridge to 8. This is the second time it has done this, the first time turned power off for an hour or two then back on. But now, a week later, it seems to have gone crazy again. Has anyone had this problem?

Tony47

Yes read my comments in this review area. I have a complaint active with LG as I already had the first unit replaced and second does the same. My fridge is fine steady at 2.3C but stays at -24 to -32.6C for 16 hrs and normal for periods varying from 12hrs to 72 hrs. Always goes lower after a defrost cycle that happens every 4 hrs. Check actual cycle times I have a wireless thermometer inside the freezer.

The first fridge had the computer and the temperature sensor replaced and no change.

I have asked LG to actually test a fridge over a week and log the temperatures as I feel some units are faulty. Trying to chisel icecream at -32C is not fun.

Worth a call to LG but a tech coming out will not fix it ask to be referred to guy looking into my case ( My name Turner)
This issue only reason I gave unit 2 stars otherwise 5. I get the feeling they are perplexed and really only want to replace it again.

Baz

Tony, sounds familiar. I am also using a wireless sensor inside the fridge & freezer. Mostly concerned about the fridge temp going up. After this last episode, I decided to leave it be and see what happens, after about 2 hrs temps started to return to the set temps. I have rung up and a tech can be sent out but if it is behaving normal I am sure he would not find the fault. I would like to think that LG have recognised a problem and are working on a fix. Otherwise, we like the unit.

Tony47

Mine still a issue LG dragging their tails. Taking dated pics whenever the temperature sucks. Worst -33.6C when set at -18

Megan

Meganasked

GS-B680WL (White)

Hi does his fridge come with pure and fresh already inside the fridge? Not an add on extra

PHIL

PHILasked

GS-B680WL (White)

Is the freezer on this unit frost free?

Albatross
Albatross

Hi,

I've not had any frost in my freezer which is set at -17°C.

Sal
Sal

Yes, it is frost free!!

Mine is all frosted

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives

LG GS-B680PL (Stainless)
  • Award Winner 2019

LG GS-B680PL (Stainless)

4.3
LG GS-B680WL (White)
  • Award Winner 2019

LG GS-B680WL (White)

4.4
CategorySide by Side Fridges / RefrigeratorsSide by Side Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) $2,049.00$1,799.00
Dimensions 1790 x 912 x 738 mm1790 x 912 x 733 mm
Energy Rating3 star(s)2.5 star(s)
Household Size 5+ people5+ people
FeaturesDoor Alarm and Frost FreeDoor Alarm and Frost Free
Colour / Finish Stainless SteelWhite
Handle Type RecessedRecessed
Smart Fridge YesYes
Shelf MaterialGlassGlass
Number of Shelves44
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins 22
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Capacity