LG 668L Side by Side Door GS-L668 Series

46 questions from our users

Sharon
Sharonasked
668L Side by Side Door GS-L668 Series

Boy, I wish I had read these reviws before I purchased. We decided to go with the non-plumbed version as we weren't sure if we had plumbing available for the fridge. But the pump noise is unbearable...... it is waking us at all hours.
Can you please let me know plumbed version has a quiter pump?

Reviewer R.

Did you think to ring them for answers?

Carol
Carolasked
Reviewer R.

But basics are detailed on their website

ronasked
668L Side by Side Door GS-L668 Series

Hi received our new fridge yesterday, removed the ice dispenser (not needed) and fitted extra shelf.
Tried the cold water dispenser this morning and the water is not cold, do I need to refit the ice Dispenser?

Ron

ronasked
D. S. L.
D. S. L.

Yes it can be turned off. The whole icemaker unit can actually be easily removed to make more shelf space in the freezer.

Avril
Avrilasked
668L Side by Side Door GS-L668 Series

Hi. Silly question but there's foam underneath my ice tray. Does that belong there or am I supposed to remove it??

Jay C
Jay Casked
668L Side by Side Door GS-L668 Series

Hi... my LG fridge is 9 yrs old and never had a problem with it, until now. It’s plumbed into the main water supply, but all of a sudden it’s stopped dispensing water! I’ve checked lines, filter etc, all seems ok? Can anyone please help?? I didn’t need to buy a new fridge just yet if I can fix this one . Thanks

Amanda M.
Amanda M.asked
668L Side by Side Door GS-L668PL (Plumbed Ice & Water)

My fridge is 11 months old and the ice maker has suddenly stopped working. The arm that lifts to check the ice level seems to be stuck in the up position. It works if I press the override button under the ice maker but the arm remains in the up position. What should I do?

Philip Phan
Philip Phanasked
668L Side by Side Door GS-L668PNL (Non Plumbed Ice & Water)

Why the one in Matte Black color is more expensive than that of Stainless Steel? Is there any filters required for this model as the salesman told me that it does not require one while I read in some reviews that filters are to be replaced from time to time? When we are away and want to keep the fridge on, is it the best to turn off the ice maker? Thanks.

Yarra1
Yarra1asked
668L Side by Side Door GS-L668MBNL (Non Plumbed Ice & Water)

Really the fidges affected by the fire risk are 15-20 years old now - not sure why the fire review above is relevant to this current model fridge?

Vickie
Vickieasked
668L Side by Side Door GS-L668 Series

When going away do we have to stop ice making or does it stop automatically

Desmond  G.
Desmond G.asked
Dewa D.
Dewa D.

Same Question,no body answer? been lookjng the whole day..anyone?

Chriso
Chrisoasked
668L Side by Side Door GS-L668 Series

Hi we have the non plumbed version of this fridge and have just moved to a house with plumbing in the fridge recess, is it possible to change it over to plumbed or not?

Bella R.
Bella R.asked
668L Side by Side Door GS-L668 Series

Our fridge makes a loud noise when using water is it normal?

Fifi

That noise is more than likely the icemaker. It does make a noise dispensing water and ice.

Fifiasked
668L Side by Side Door GS-L668PNL (Non Plumbed Ice & Water)

hi my fridge is almost three months old. Been not the greatest investment so far. My question is to you all. The water tank is not dispensing water at all. I have since worked it out that the water line from the water tank to the dispenser in the freezer either has ice in it or air in it. Any suggestions how to fix it. Thanks

Horst K.
Horst K.asked
668L Side by Side Door GS-L668MBNL (Non Plumbed Ice & Water)

Ice maker not working, appears blocked. Unable to remove ice cabinet.
Unit is 4months old.

Patty
Patty

I bought mine from The Good Guys Hoppers Crossing in May this year and everything is working very well so far. No problem at all. Hope you resolve your soon

Horst K.
Horst K.asked
668L Side by Side Door GS-L668MBNL (Non Plumbed Ice & Water)

Ice maker not working,appears blocked. Unable to remove ice cabinet.
Four months old.

Fifi

Hi hope you solved this. But I had the same issue. Believe me this is going to be a very wet job. Have lots of towels handy. Oh another thing. Have someone to help. Put as many towels around the fridge. You essentially need to melt the ice. I did it with warm water. Definitely turn the fridge off before. This is where a second set of hands and eyes come. As you pour the water. Do slowly, but the ice will start to melt and come through the ice and water dispenser. It will gush out. You need to keep this up. Till you start to see icicles around the part you need to take out. Get a knife and gently slide it across till it is looser. Will take a bit, but persevere. When loose enough pull it out and drain the ice (you will be amazed how much ice there is) There may still be ice in the dispenser. Melt that as well. Put it back together. wait at least 24 hours or more to try. I hope this helps.

Sylvia W.
Sylvia W.asked
668L Side by Side Door GS-L668 Series

hi our fridge was turned off then moved by builders then put back later and now water dispenser not working at all it’s a non plumbing fridge

Howard H.
Howard H.asked
668L Side by Side Door GS-L668 Series

No water dispensing and no water coming out of the dispenser. Is there a filter in the non-plumbed model?

Dean L.
Dean L.asked
668L Side by Side Door GS-L668 Series

Hi, our ice dispenser is not working, everthing is opperating as it should apart from water is not entering the ice cube tray, had the service agent here to look and said he has been to alot of lg fridges for the same reason and Lg havent got a fix for it yet. Has anyone had this problem and has it been fixed, fridge is only couple months old

ajc890

Had the same problem with our fridge last week which also is only 2 months old. Turned the fridge off for 10 minutes and after turning back on it started to make ice again 12 hours later.

Rachael S.
Rachael S.

So far no problem here although it’s only a month old. Hopefully this dosent happen

Ian W.asked
668L Side by Side Door GS-L668 Series

Sometimes when dispensing ice, it does not stop and continues to dispense. There seems to be a fault in the switch. Is this a known fault and what can be done to rectify the situation? LG Australia.

ajc890

Have not experienced this problem but sounds like something you should be asking LG to correct under warranty.

Blondie246
Blondie246

I’d phone LG. They will give you the number of an authorised repairer in your area that you can phone. If it’s still under warranty they will cover the repair.

It is out of warranty.

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives

LG 668L Side by Side Door GS-L668 Series