LG 668L Side by Side Door GS-L668 Series

Pros

• Self-regulating moisture levels

• Anti-fingerprint finish

Cons

• Plumbed fridge is more costly

• Internal Layout

Alan
AlanSydney, NSW

Smart design, wonderful fridge

Peard Family
Peard FamilySouth East Queensland, QLD

We love this fridge! Easy to use easy to clean. Great water and ice feature on the front of the door. Lots of room for everything you need. Even better that it's a non-plumbed fridge, just fill up the water at night, it's soo easy.

karen55
karen55Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

GREAT FRIDGE FOR WATER AND ICE

Quite happy with my purchase, made app 6 months ago. Love the unplumbed water and ice. Door holders are quite large and hold plenty. My biggest beef is with the crispers. I feel they are way too large, and the fact that they do not keep the fruit and veggies very fresh. I am constantly throwing out every couple of days. They are difficult to wash, as little bits and pieces get stuck between the clear front and white actual drawer section. I rang LG and no one could tell me if the front of the drawer can be disassembled from the base. Also when washing, water pours out of either side of the drawer. Not sure why there are gaps there. Other than that I am quite happy with the unit.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Side by Side Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how LG 668L Side by Side Door GS-L668 Series compares to other Side by Side Fridges / Refrigerators

Have it yesterday, it is making ice cubes after set the temperature to -20C as LG website indicates, happy with it.
only downside to us is the noise of the water pump when dispensing water, acceptable but expecting it could be quieter. Other than the water pump noise, it is very quite. Overall it’s good.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
BJ_JT
BJ_JTMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

What a great fridge!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
dmcallis73South East Queensland, QLD

Purchased after looking at a lot of options. Great amount of space both fridge and freezer. Easy to use left temperatures as set. Saw reviews about the noise fridge makes but have not had that issue. Only hear it when getting ice. Love the fact that the machine makes ice over night so you never run out. Would certainly recommend this fridge.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
dmcallis73

Have noticed some comments re no egg holder. We got one from Aldi which fits in well on top shelf well. Might be worth others to check it out.

Bianca
BiancaIllawarra, NSW

Good fridge but no egg tray and lg horrible to deal with

Date PurchasedDec 2018
David S.
David S.North Queensland, QLD

Rare non-plumbed fridge with plenty of space

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Trent R
Trent R

This fridge is awesome. Ice and water with no plumbing is great and easy to use. It looks good in our kitchen and is easy to keep clean. There is plenty of room in both the fridge and freezer and the lighting inside is fantastic. Happy with the purchase of this fridges.

Date PurchasedJune 2018

Bec
BecGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best fridge I have had

Wonderful fridge got a great price at good guys, worth asking for best price as I was blown away with the price they offered.
Non plumbing ice/water dispenser is its best feature.
We haven't had it long although is much better than our Westinghouse double door that only lasted 5 years.
Very happy with our purchase.

Date PurchasedSept 2018
Sabrin Islam
Sabrin Islamsydney

yes, it does maintain a consistent and reliable temperature in all compartments
I like the water and ice section,I can get water, cubed ice and crashed ice so easily,even my son can operate it.it got enough space, and i just love it as I shop a lot of veggies and fruits and meat
it is easy to open and close,

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Anil
Anil

Best fridge fridger

This model is one of the best model in fridge as it has a ice and cold water dispenser which does not require pluming connection. It is also priced economically compared to other fridge available in the market. The performance is very good. The only flip side is the power rating as it has only 2.5 rating

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Mary John
Mary JohnClyde north

essential item in my kichen without this not able to live

yes very easy to open and close, specially I like non plumed ice and water does not required to connect with tap. like double sided door, and size perfect for my new house kichen looks beautiful, like the way handle made, spacious space that I can accommodated all my food plus the area in refrigerator.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Shauvoo
ShauvooSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best for the price and non plumbed option

The only issue with this fridge is the odd door handle placement. It is not intuitive and takes some getting used to. When we have people visit they struggle to figure it out. Nevertheless, we have adjusted quickly to it and love it. I can easily fit my 13x9 in pan into the freezer or fridge side without any issues. The water tank is great because we only use spring water or alkaline water and so this way we are not getting any of the chemicals or minerals found in tap water. The water tastes great after you have used it for a bit. We haven't had any issues with the temperature and whether it is hot or cold the fridge has been consistent. We can easily fit everything in without any problems. I would definitely recommend this fridge!

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Felicia
FeliciaChurchill

Good fridge. We enjoy the fact it's non plumbed and had nice spacious shelves in the fridge and is labelled for diary etc. in the fridge. Pity about the freezer however is it's just a little bit smaller so it may be no good if you want to buy bulk meat for a large family and have frozen veges. We are a small family so it doesn't worry us:)

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Sharon
Sharonasked
668L Side by Side Door GS-L668 Series

Boy, I wish I had read these reviws before I purchased. We decided to go with the non-plumbed version as we weren't sure if we had plumbing available for the fridge. But the pump noise is unbearable...... it is waking us at all hours.
Can you please let me know plumbed version has a quiter pump?

Reviewer R.

Did you think to ring them for answers?

Carol
Carolasked
Reviewer R.

But basics are detailed on their website

ron
ronasked
668L Side by Side Door GS-L668 Series

Hi received our new fridge yesterday, removed the ice dispenser (not needed) and fitted extra shelf.
Tried the cold water dispenser this morning and the water is not cold, do I need to refit the ice Dispenser?

Ron

See all LG 668L Side by Side Door GS-L668 Series questions

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives

LG 668L Side by Side Door GS-L668 Series

Winner of the 2018 ProductReview Award, the LG 668L features two fridges to choose from: plumbed and non-plumbed, depending on your budget and household needs. This LG Side by Side range offers similar features to other Side by Side ranges by LG, such as the LG 668L Side by Side series.

Features:

• Available in two options: plumbed and non-plumbed. Plumbed means the fridge needs to be connected to the water line by a plumber, and non-plumbed doesn’t need to be installed by a plumber, as the water is dispensed from a tank.
  • Tempered glass shelves, which are stronger and more durable than ordinary glass
  • Includes various compartments such as door baskets, drawers, and an egg box to keep food neat and organised
  • Adjustable fridge settings via mobile LG app, so you can alter the temperature from home or remotely
  • An alarm that’s triggered if you accidentally leave the door open, in order to prevent food from spoiling

What reviewers liked about this fridge:

• The voluminous size of this fridge provided plenty of space for cold foods, as well as frozen goods in the freezer compartment
  • The filtered water and crushed ice features were recurring points of praise among reviewers, with many claiming they couldn’t stop coming back for more chilled water
  • A budget-friendly option, the non-plumbed fridge was a suitable choice for those who were hesitant to splash out on the additional expenses of a plumbed fridge.

Points to consider:

• The plumbed fridge is $100 more expensive than the non-plumbed fridge. Plus, don’t forget to budget in the additional cost of hiring a plumber to install the plumbed fridge, which usually costs between $100 to $500.
Compare all 3 LG 668L Side by Side Door GS-L668 Series
CategorySide by Side Fridges / RefrigeratorsSide by Side Fridges / RefrigeratorsSide by Side Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) $2,519.00$2,519.00$2,639.00
Dimensions 1790 x 912 x 733 mm1790 x 912 x 733 mm1790 x 912 x 738 mm
Energy Rating3 star(s)3 star(s)3 star(s)
Household Size 5+ people5+ people5+ people
FeaturesDoor Alarm, Ice Dispenser and Water DispenserDoor Alarm, Ice Dispenser and Water DispenserDoor Alarm, Ice Dispenser and Water Dispenser
Handle Type RecessedRecessedRecessed
Smart Fridge NoNoNo
Shelf MaterialGlassGlassGlass
Number of Shelves444
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins222
Weight124 kg124 kg124 kg
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Colour / FinishStainless FinishStainless FinishMatte Black