LG 668L Side by Side Door GS-L668 Series

Pros

• Self-regulating moisture levels

• Anti-fingerprint finish

Cons

• Plumbed fridge is more costly

• Internal Layout
Elna
ElnaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love it! BUTT.....

We just have our fridge now 3 days, but its taking tooo long to make Ice! We dont care about the noise but it makes about 12 - 18 cubes ice at night and 12- 18 in day time? We thought it would make it quicker it is like its taking too long to tip the ice out. Thats the only problem we have so far.

Purchased in April 2021 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores for $1,900.00.

LG
LG A.LG
Paul
PaulPerth, WA

Great, but very noisey water pump

Purchased in September 2020 at Appliances Online.

LG
LG A.LG
Coughie
CoughiePerth, WA

The Fridge I give a 4 star (so far), the Stainless Steel Body, a 1

The fridge works really well and the non-plumbed ice cubes are great. But the stainless steel body is very thin and of a poor quality. There are dents all over the fridge, even though we take a lot of care. Seems you just have to touch it in the wrong way and a dent will appear. The manufacturers should use a thicker and better quality steel. I wouldn't recommend for this reason only. It's a shame when you buy something in good faith that it will be good quality and then you are let down and there is nothing you can do about it.

Purchased in October 2016 at Harvey Norman for $1,929.00.

Side by Side Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how LG 668L Side by Side Door GS-L668 Series compares to other Side by Side Fridges / Refrigerators

David S.
David S.North Queensland, QLD

Rare non-plumbed fridge with plenty of space

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Stefan
StefanSydney, NSW

Fake Feature of LED Temperature Display

This LG LED Temperature will never display the actual temperature inside fridge, but the temperature you choose to for the settings. To me, it is fake feature for the fridge. My old Samsung fridge, it displays actual temperature inside fridge, while this LG fridge, you can leave the doors open for hours, the LED display will always the temperature you setup for!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Jasmine
JasmineDarling Downs, QLD

Nice but little flaws

Nice to look at & well the size is pretty good but compared to our normal freezer up top fridge down bottom fridge it seems alittle crammed when getting into the fridge part. There’s no handles but you get use that but wouldnt like to be real tall (I’m only 5 foot) as you’d have to bend over to open the door. And the thing I hate the most is how noisy the water pump is when dispensing water either for a drink or if it’s filling up the ice tray. And if ringing for warranty issues don’t expect to get an Aussie (I rang integatds to the noisy water pump but was told it’s normal even though he hadn’t heard it & that if someone where to take a look & it wasn’t a issue then they would charge me)!

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Unflexy
UnflexyMelbourne

More gimmicks than space

Beautiful looking fridge with good design intention but does not deliver in terms of storage space. The door-in-door concept is to some extent practical as it minimizes loss of temperature from the fridge but it does reduce the storage space and shelves sizes. I also find the stainless steel very flimsy and dent-prone which is a big disappointment as there's already 2 dents on the door. It also needs constant cleaning to remove fingerprints. The only bonus to this fridge is that it maintains good temperature and is extremely quiet.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Christine K
Christine K

I am quite happy

Once I had set the fridge with the ideal temperature for our region I was quite happy & I like to be able to see the temperature of the fridge on the outside.
I love the handles & the door finish & the sides seem to have a decent coating of paint that has been easy to clean .I cant hear the fridge at all especially as it is on a wooden floor.
It gave me what I wanted more room & easy to clean.
The only issue I have is that I cant adjust the door shelves in the fridge itself nor the interior shelves, & more actual shelves on the door would have been good , but what is there is roomy but the fruit & Vege bins are great.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
See all LG 668L Side by Side Door GS-L668 Series reviews

Sharon
Sharonasked
668L Side by Side Door GS-L668 Series

Boy, I wish I had read these reviws before I purchased. We decided to go with the non-plumbed version as we weren't sure if we had plumbing available for the fridge. But the pump noise is unbearable...... it is waking us at all hours.
Can you please let me know plumbed version has a quiter pump?

Reviewer R.

Did you think to ring them for answers?

Carol
Carolasked
Reviewer R.

But basics are detailed on their website

ron
ronasked
668L Side by Side Door GS-L668 Series

Hi received our new fridge yesterday, removed the ice dispenser (not needed) and fitted extra shelf.
Tried the cold water dispenser this morning and the water is not cold, do I need to refit the ice Dispenser?

Ron

See all LG 668L Side by Side Door GS-L668 Series questions

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives

LG 668L Side by Side Door GS-L668 Series

Winner of the 2018 ProductReview Award, the LG 668L features two fridges to choose from: plumbed and non-plumbed, depending on your budget and household needs. This LG Side by Side range offers similar features to other Side by Side ranges by LG, such as the LG 668L Side by Side series.

Features:

• Available in two options: plumbed and non-plumbed. Plumbed means the fridge needs to be connected to the water line by a plumber, and non-plumbed doesn’t need to be installed by a plumber, as the water is dispensed from a tank.
  • Tempered glass shelves, which are stronger and more durable than ordinary glass
  • Includes various compartments such as door baskets, drawers, and an egg box to keep food neat and organised
  • Adjustable fridge settings via mobile LG app, so you can alter the temperature from home or remotely
  • An alarm that’s triggered if you accidentally leave the door open, in order to prevent food from spoiling

What reviewers liked about this fridge:

• The voluminous size of this fridge provided plenty of space for cold foods, as well as frozen goods in the freezer compartment
  • The filtered water and crushed ice features were recurring points of praise among reviewers, with many claiming they couldn’t stop coming back for more chilled water
  • A budget-friendly option, the non-plumbed fridge was a suitable choice for those who were hesitant to splash out on the additional expenses of a plumbed fridge.

Points to consider:

• The plumbed fridge is $100 more expensive than the non-plumbed fridge. Plus, don’t forget to budget in the additional cost of hiring a plumber to install the plumbed fridge, which usually costs between $100 to $500.
Compare all 3 LG 668L Side by Side Door GS-L668 Series
CategorySide by Side Fridges / RefrigeratorsSide by Side Fridges / RefrigeratorsSide by Side Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) $2,519.00$2,519.00$2,639.00
Dimensions 1790 x 912 x 733 mm1790 x 912 x 733 mm1790 x 912 x 738 mm
Energy Rating3 star(s)3 star(s)3 star(s)
Household Size 5+ people5+ people5+ people
FeaturesDoor Alarm, Ice Dispenser and Water DispenserDoor Alarm, Ice Dispenser and Water DispenserDoor Alarm, Ice Dispenser and Water Dispenser
Handle Type RecessedRecessedRecessed
Smart Fridge NoNoNo
Shelf MaterialGlassGlassGlass
Number of Shelves444
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins222
Weight124 kg124 kg124 kg
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Colour / FinishStainless FinishStainless FinishMatte Black