LG 668L Side by Side Door GS-L668 Series

Pros

• Self-regulating moisture levels

• Anti-fingerprint finish

Cons

• Plumbed fridge is more costly

• Internal Layout
D. S. L.
D. S. L.Sydney, NSW

Very good fridge, although water pump may be a problem

wenbinchen77
wenbinchen77Sydney, NSW

First time having a water and ice dispenser fridge, yes it is noisy when the pump is working but works great. have had it for over 1 year, will recommend it

Purchased at JB Hifi Home for $1,899.00.

Fifi
FifiSouth East Queensland, QLD

I have had my fridge just under 3 months now. There is a slight dent already on the door. Considering I'm the only one living here. Not a rough person. I've had to defrost it twice to fix the water dispenser. The defrosting is a very wet process. All in all the inside is lovely. The door shelves are so deep. the only fault is the water jug should be stronger for sure. A more durable material.

Purchased in September 2020 at Harvey Norman.

Side by Side Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how LG 668L Side by Side Door GS-L668 Series compares to other Side by Side Fridges / Refrigerators

Patty
PattyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great fridge freezer for small family

Bought Fridge from Good Guys Hoppers Crossing on 30/5/2020. Working perfectly since installation. Love that it’s non-plumbed. Had my ice cubed or crushed whenever I like. The noise from the ice maker is not too loud at all and I got used to it soon enough. The fridge has lots of space surprisingly as the shelves on the door are wide enough for all my condiments and bottled stuff. I also like the look of the fridge freezer. The guys who delivered the fridge did an amazing job as I have few steps into my house and couple of steps down to the kitchen. Thanks Good Guys for good price and great services.

Purchased in May 2020 at The Good Guys for $1,800.00.

Rachael S.
Rachael S.Murray Mallee, SA

Great size for our family of 5. Easy to use. Little messy if u don’t get the cup in the right spot for the ice aside from that so far so good

Purchased in May 2020 at Betta Home Living for $1,800.00.

LG A.LG

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Imoksha jay
Imoksha jayGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I love the fridge & the desing but only disappoint is ice dispenser take lot of Space from the freezer ..& always have to replace the filters other then that fridge is good

Purchased in June 2019 at Bing Lee Physical store for $1,899.00.

Loumick1
Loumick1South East Queensland, QLD

Ice and water maker great but hard to keep fridge looking clean

The outside of the fridge constantly looks grubby from fingerprints.
I really like the ice and water dispenser and the fact it is not plumbed means I don’t worry that it may spring a leak while we are away from the house.
I find it odd that the freezer fan blows when the door is open, prior fridges I have owned only ever ran the fan when the door was closed.
Keeps food well.

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,600.00.

karen55
karen55Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

GREAT FRIDGE FOR WATER AND ICE

Quite happy with my purchase, made app 6 months ago. Love the unplumbed water and ice. Door holders are quite large and hold plenty. My biggest beef is with the crispers. I feel they are way too large, and the fact that they do not keep the fruit and veggies very fresh. I am constantly throwing out every couple of days. They are difficult to wash, as little bits and pieces get stuck between the clear front and white actual drawer section. I rang LG and no one could tell me if the front of the drawer can be disassembled from the base. Also when washing, water pours out of either side of the drawer. Not sure why there are gaps there. Other than that I am quite happy with the unit.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Have it yesterday, it is making ice cubes after set the temperature to -20C as LG website indicates, happy with it.
only downside to us is the noise of the water pump when dispensing water, acceptable but expecting it could be quieter. Other than the water pump noise, it is very quite. Overall it’s good.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

BJ_JT
BJ_JTMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

What a great fridge!

Purchased in June 2017 at Radio Rentals SA for $1,600.00.

Bianca
BiancaIllawarra, NSW

Good fridge but no egg tray and lg horrible to deal with

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Felicia
FeliciaChurchill

Good fridge. We enjoy the fact it's non plumbed and had nice spacious shelves in the fridge and is labelled for diary etc. in the fridge. Pity about the freezer however is it's just a little bit smaller so it may be no good if you want to buy bulk meat for a large family and have frozen veges. We are a small family so it doesn't worry us:)

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Gidi
GidiFar North Queensland, QLD

Good fridge - hasn't missed a bit

We have had this fridge for over a year, in a hot an humid environment (far north QLD). It's working well and is reliable. There could be some design improvement for example the water container (for ice) is not convenient to put back after filling - could have had some handles or finger catch. The handles on the main doors are not that comfortable either, but altogether we are happy with it.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Sagar K
Sagar KSydney, NSW

Very Good Refrigerator

Its very good refrigerator with and maintains good temperature in all compartments, It is mostly quiet but some times it is little loud when it makes ice. the best feature is the non plumbed ice and water option which is very useful especially in summer.

only con is the sound it makes sometimes else we absolutely love this fridge,we upgraded to this from westinghouse one after 10 years

Date PurchasedMay 2018
fyeahm
fyeahmPerth

The best fridge I've own so far

I'm still using the fridge with the default temperature set up (-18°C for freezer and 3°C for fridge) and I'm very happy with the result. Items in the fridge is just nice and not too cold.

The water/ice dispenser produces sounds throughout the day when it's working. Multiple times, I thought someone was trying to break into the house LOL

Date PurchasedJune 2018

See all LG 668L Side by Side Door GS-L668 Series reviews

Sharon
Sharonasked
668L Side by Side Door GS-L668 Series

Boy, I wish I had read these reviws before I purchased. We decided to go with the non-plumbed version as we weren't sure if we had plumbing available for the fridge. But the pump noise is unbearable...... it is waking us at all hours.
Can you please let me know plumbed version has a quiter pump?

Reviewer R.

Did you think to ring them for answers?

Carol
Carolasked
Reviewer R.

But basics are detailed on their website

ron
ronasked
668L Side by Side Door GS-L668 Series

Hi received our new fridge yesterday, removed the ice dispenser (not needed) and fitted extra shelf.
Tried the cold water dispenser this morning and the water is not cold, do I need to refit the ice Dispenser?

Ron

See all LG 668L Side by Side Door GS-L668 Series questions

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives

LG 668L Side by Side Door GS-L668 Series

Winner of the 2018 ProductReview Award, the LG 668L features two fridges to choose from: plumbed and non-plumbed, depending on your budget and household needs. This LG Side by Side range offers similar features to other Side by Side ranges by LG, such as the LG 668L Side by Side series.

Features:

• Available in two options: plumbed and non-plumbed. Plumbed means the fridge needs to be connected to the water line by a plumber, and non-plumbed doesn’t need to be installed by a plumber, as the water is dispensed from a tank.
  • Tempered glass shelves, which are stronger and more durable than ordinary glass
  • Includes various compartments such as door baskets, drawers, and an egg box to keep food neat and organised
  • Adjustable fridge settings via mobile LG app, so you can alter the temperature from home or remotely
  • An alarm that’s triggered if you accidentally leave the door open, in order to prevent food from spoiling

What reviewers liked about this fridge:

• The voluminous size of this fridge provided plenty of space for cold foods, as well as frozen goods in the freezer compartment
  • The filtered water and crushed ice features were recurring points of praise among reviewers, with many claiming they couldn’t stop coming back for more chilled water
  • A budget-friendly option, the non-plumbed fridge was a suitable choice for those who were hesitant to splash out on the additional expenses of a plumbed fridge.

Points to consider:

• The plumbed fridge is $100 more expensive than the non-plumbed fridge. Plus, don’t forget to budget in the additional cost of hiring a plumber to install the plumbed fridge, which usually costs between $100 to $500.
Compare all 3 LG 668L Side by Side Door GS-L668 Series
CategorySide by Side Fridges / RefrigeratorsSide by Side Fridges / RefrigeratorsSide by Side Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) $2,519.00$2,519.00$2,639.00
Dimensions 1790 x 912 x 733 mm1790 x 912 x 733 mm1790 x 912 x 738 mm
Energy Rating3 star(s)3 star(s)3 star(s)
Household Size 5+ people5+ people5+ people
FeaturesDoor Alarm, Ice Dispenser and Water DispenserDoor Alarm, Ice Dispenser and Water DispenserDoor Alarm, Ice Dispenser and Water Dispenser
Handle Type RecessedRecessedRecessed
Smart Fridge NoNoNo
Shelf MaterialGlassGlassGlass
Number of Shelves444
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins222
Weight124 kg124 kg124 kg
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Colour / FinishStainless FinishStainless FinishMatte Black