2LG 442L Top Mount GT-442BWL (White)

LG 442L Top Mount GT-442BWL (White)

Verified🏆 2024 AwardMPN:GT442BWL
2LG 442L Top Mount GT-442BWL (White)
4.3

87% · 132 · 13%

Noise Level
Internal Layout

cherubbabies
cherubbabiesIllawarra, NSW151 posts
  Fair Incentive 442L Top Mount GT-442BWL

Highly recommended

Great in every way. This fridge has lasted us for nearly 20 years.
Has not skipped a beat.
Its tremendous in every way.
Great features.
Loads of room inside
Easy to keep clean
Very affordable
Great in every way for us Show details
Noise Level
Kylie little
Kylie littleSwan Reach4 posts
  442L Top Mount GT-442BWL

Loads of space in both freezer and Lower fridge

We bought the LG 442 freezer top fridge bottom because it's just me and my partner and we buy weekly so our fridge is mainly used and the freezer is used for ice or ice cream or few frozen ready to eat meals. The price was really good too and it's power star rating was really good. The only one star we removed was because the door gets a bit sticky

Chris R
Chris RBrisbane
  442L Top Mount GT-442BWL

Too noisy and poor customer support

We've had this fridge for a year now and while it works well, the problem is the noise. The high pitch whine when it operates is terrible and can be heard across several rooms.

We contacted LG support about this and eventually they did send out a technician. Unfortunately I think his hearing was not the best and given his age he might not have been able to fully hear the high pitch. So, nothing was done to fix the problem. We've given up trying to get support to actually fix the problem.

If I could return this fridge, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Jo C
Jo Cmoora
  442L Top Mount GT-442BWL

Don't buy this model-faulty seals and poor customer service

We are very happy with all aspects of the fridge, except the seal on the freezer. It does not seal on the top left hand corner, so whenever you close the fridge door the seal is opened on the freezer, and if you don't open and shut the freezer every time it will gradually open more and more. We have called the customer service team for LG as this problem appeared within 2 months of purchase, and they said that this was normal and refused to do anything about it. I am very disappointed with the lack of understanding from the person I spoke to and with this product. Would recommend you spend your money on a different brand of fridge rather than risking experiencing the same problems!

Kim
KimSouth East Queensland, QLD21 posts
  442L Top Mount GT-442BWL

No problems unit, just works (2 Years and 9 months review)

No problems so far the Fridge is holding up well, easy to live with, like cleaning, takes a bit of rough treatment from kids and is easy to maintain. With kids (Grand kids for me) the chime on an open door is a function I now appreciate.

The fridge adjustments are easy and the slide out draw is handy. The crisper being an odd deep shape is the only negative for me, its a bit on the small size. Overall good quality again from LG, their white goods are improving over the models I purchased in the early 2000's. 5 stars well earned, so far so good.

Aaron
AaronScone10 posts

Quiet and cold

What more could you want in a fridge, quiet, cold and seems to be holding up to a tonne of use by a busy family. Well done LG on another great product. I will be continuing to buy LG in the future.

easy to clean removable shelves and wipe down.

hakime.akgul.5
hakime.akgul.5Sydney, NSW6 posts
  Verified 442L Top Mount GT-442BWL

good fridge and freezer

Love this beautiful stylish fridge. It made out whole kitchen look better the day it arrived. It is gorgeous and the finish isn't too bad for fingerprints. right size for me. Well lit, seems very economical and has excellent energy rating. So much so that we got a $…

Other than that it has ample space inside and could easy cater for a 4 person family!

The one thing that sold me about this fridge and makes me love it even more is it’s great energy rating 4 out of 6 stars and 334 KWh per year average. HUGE money saver!

stephen
stephenadelaide22 posts

good & reasonable power consumption

bought this fridge to replace a very old one on it's way out.

this one is quite a tidy machine, very efficient in how it keeps things frozen/cool, a nice sound warning when the door is not closed (although can be annoying if trying to stock the fridge & it keeps going off while the door is open).

appears to be quite energy efficient.

only real gripe would be the cost at roughly $700 - pretty much out of reach for low-income earners which a lot of the time with necessary products feels 'elitist'.

but overall, good in what it can do.

Rajat
RajatSydney5 posts

Quite a cool customer

Coming from a trusted and reputed white line major LG, the fridge completely delivers quality.it has ample space to fit in our weekly vegetables and other grocery purchases. It has great temperature control mechanism thus not freezing items kept in the freezer. The best feature is its holiday mode temperature control which ensures energy saving and optimal running while we are away.

Traci Marshall
Traci MarshallGadsden AL3 posts

Lg Fridge

I did not want a side-by-side because I already had a small freezer. I chose this refrigerator because of its large capacity and the in side lights. It has lights down both sides so that you can see everything in side! The freezer part is lit up very well also. It has a big slide-out drawer that goes from side to side that is just wonderful. There are two bins below that for vegetables and other things. The door is big enough to set a gallon of milk and a gallon of tea in it! It keeps things very cold and the freezer freezes really well. I think it is the best refrigerator I have ever purchased. I just hope I can find the stove to match LOL.

Patrick L
Patrick LMelbourne5 posts

Great value

I researched several fridges around the same price range and am very happy with LG range. It maintains a good temperature and has great storage features for the price you pay. It is also very quiet and fits comfortably in an appartment. I also found it easy to keep clean. Highly recommended.

I like toast
I like toastbrisbane39 posts
  442L Top Mount GT-442BWL

Perfect size for a smaller kitchen

I needed a new fridge but the dilemma was I only have a small kitchen. Having four hungry kids I had to get the optimal fridge in interior capacity for the space available so I chose this LG and I haven't been dissapointed. It runs so quietly I had to recheck it was switched on. In both summer and winter it has run beautifully and maintains temperature with ease. To date I have had zero build up of ice, the seals are chunky and it looks great in my kitchen. Great buy, great price!

BaconLover
BaconLoverGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC99 posts

Nice fridge

LG fridge has been good to my surprise. i have used other LG products like TVs but did not impress me. But this fridge has definitely exceeded my expectations. The only thing I would change if I buy another fridge is the space. I wish it had a bit more space but all in all a good product to have in the kitchen. I like the not so irritating alarm feature to notify if its left open for too long. A basic feature but very handy.

Nam
NamMacquarie Park7 posts
  Verified 442L Top Mount GT-442BWL

LG fridge so far so good

Good enough for a small family of 3. Easy to pull out the parts & clean it up. Not happy with the putting eggs area as it can only put 10 eggs. Or else I need to cut short the eggs box to put it in. Extra work!

Dimension of this fridge is good to fit in small kitchen.

Clinton and Kreisel
Clinton and KreiselPerth5 posts

Cooling perfectly

The fridge is moderately sized, cools very well and keeps the fruits, veggies and meat fresh and cool. The freezer is on the top and is large. It is not noisy and is super easy to clean. We have bee. Using this fridge for over 9 months and there has been no issue so far with it. It's easy to clean.