12LG Top Mount GT-442 Series

LG Top Mount GT-442 Series Questions & Answers

Verified🏆 2024 Award
Malcolm S.
Malcolm S. · 441L Top Mount GT-442WDC (White)

what is physical size of this fridge

lindsay rogers
lindsay rogers · 442L Top Mount GT-442BPL (Platinum Silver)

is there a fan in the bottom section or does air all come from the top freezer section the fridge section is around 14 deg c and top -23deg c

Orlando L.
Orlando L.

The fan is in the top section in the freezer

Christine L. · Top Mount GT-442 Series

We have 2 year old LG 441 Top Mount. compressor is very noisy with vibration, started shortly after purchasing and then stopped noise. Has started again now. Technician came out and said rubber mount isn't dampening vibration. He suggested putting cardboard under the wheel (doesn't stop it). He said maybe could get another rubber mount but might be part of whole compressor. Anyone else have this problem and how can it be fixed?

Christine L. · Top Mount GT-442 Series

Fridge is 2 years old. Compressor makes constant loud vibration noise. First started when new then no problems for 2 years.Technician came out, said can't do much. He could try to get another rubber support. Any one else have this issue and How did you fix it?

Jan
Jan

Christine I have only had my fridge for a couple of months, but I've just checked and the compressor is under a 10 year warranty. I would definitely pursue this issue further. Mine makes the occasional seldom loud noise which it has done since installation, for some reason other than that I am extremely happy with this fridge

Ina
Ina

That's just the fridge compressor kicking in...all fridges do that

Christine L.

Issue fixed under warranty. Was a faulty compressor mount.

Pam J
Pam J · 441L Top Mount GT-442SDC (Stainless Steel)

How long should the compressor run for? Purchased the fridge yesterday and it is whisper quiet. We run the appliance through an 12v/240v (DC/AC) invertor as we are on stand alone solar and felt it was running quite a long time during last night. Mind you at present it is very hot and humid here west of Casino NSW.

Davjd H
Davjd H · Top Mount GT-442 Series

Is this a frost free fridge ?

Carol C.
Carol C. · 442L Top Mount GT-442BPL (Platinum Silver)

Can you remove the shelf that sits over the vegetable and fruit draw?

cherubbabies
cherubbabies

Hi Carol, I have had my fridge for a very long time, I have only taken the shelf out once, from memory it was not easy, I nearly broke it. So I just clean around the shelf to save pulling it out.
Hope this helps.

Dotty
Dotty · 441L Top Mount GT-442WDC (White)

Has anyone bought an LG GT-442WDC?

Rob Nash
Rob Nash · 441L Top Mount GT-442SDC (Stainless Steel)

Does anyone else's fridge make quite a loud noise while the compressor is running? Some people on here are saying it is a very quiet fridge, so maybe there's a problem with ours?

Rossco
Rossco

Yes terrible vibration noise mainly at night, still waiting for technician, only 12 months old, noise started couple of weeks ago.

Rae
Rae

Same problem with ours. Tried calling the technician, as we have a 5 year extended warranty, but they won’t deal with me because it’s in my husband’s name. Unfortunately he’s very I’ll & can’t come to the phone.

Andrea
Andrea · 441L Top Mount GT-442WDC (White)

Recently puchased an LG fridge. After approx 3 weeks was woken about 4am with a siren like screeching noise. This noise emits at random times day and night,most days anywhere from 1 to 5 seconds. Rang LG customer care number and they want me to record the noise. Bit hard as it can happen at 5am or 2pm or anywhere in between. Fridge works but this unknown problem is driving us nuts. Has anyone had a similar issue?

Addie
Addie · 442L Top Mount GT-442BPL (Platinum Silver)

Should the bottom compartment for fruit and vegetables be closed?

Karen
Karen

I don't know what you mean by closed? However it is such a narrow storage space that it's basically useless for large family amounts of fruit and vegetables. Also if you keep fruit and veg on normal shelves, to the rear, they generally freeze. Nothing can sit at the back of the shelves for too long. Freezing is a constant problem in my fridge.

Rufus
Rufus · Top Mount GT-442 Series

Is it possible to get this fridge with the door opening the other way, from the left?

Teejay

Yes you can change left to right no problem

Bellacat
Bellacat · Top Mount GT-442 Series

Can this fridge be left hinged? Technical details say it has 'hidden hinge' what does that mean?

I need a left hinged fridge.

Teejay

Easy mate just swing to left

Colean
Colean

Depends on the opening handles.My LG 442 BWL door opening cannot be reversed.

Rob
Rob · Top Mount GT-442 Series

I bought this same fridge a couple of months ago and from day one when the compressor starts up the control board emits a high pitch frequency sound, ie. coil ripple. Have your fridges been making the same/similar noise?

I've had LG techs come out three times and haven't been able to fix the problem.

Teejay

Hi my fridge is very quite and makes very little noise if any and nothing from the control board.

Ask for a replacement ?

Steve
Steve

No sound from ours either.

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives

Select a listing for your question
LG Top Mount GT-442 Series

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

LG Top Mount GT-442 Series is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2024, 2023, 2020 and 2018. Learn more