12LG Top Mount GT-442 Series

82% · 8014 · 14%

Junior C.
Junior C.Brisbane2 posts
  442L Top Mount GT-442BPL

Great space and quite affordable

Good temperature and very is easy to maintain and clean. Quiet and easy to use so overall a great refrigerator to buy when it comes to storage space, ease of access, noise reduced and low maintenance. Very easy to clean and all the compartments are quite strong and can carry a decent amount of weight in each storage section.

Babs
BabsSouth East Queensland, QLD29 posts
Von C
Von C4 posts

Great fridge

Really good quality for the price! Bought it a month ago for the new house, quiet and good temp throughout. Only small issue would be, the door side shelves are a little limited in sizing options, we usually have lots of juice and milk, tall sauce bottles but are unable to fit them all.

Louise
LouiseMordialloc

Freezer seal

We too only bought our lg fridge in dec 2017 we also have the problem that when the fridge door closes the freezer pops open just slightly but enough to cause condensation in the freezer will be going to Good Guys and showing them your review, clearly a problem with the manufacture

stephen
stephenadelaide22 posts

good & reasonable power consumption

bought this fridge to replace a very old one on it's way out.

this one is quite a tidy machine, very efficient in how it keeps things frozen/cool, a nice sound warning when the door is not closed (although can be annoying if trying to stock the fridge & it keeps going off while the door is open).

appears to be quite energy efficient.

only real gripe would be the cost at roughly $700 - pretty much out of reach for low-income earners which a lot of the time with necessary products feels 'elitist'.

but overall, good in what it can do.

Kramotax
KramotaxSydney5 posts

Very good unit

Had purchased the LG GT-442BPL in mid 2016, good price got it while it's on sale in good guys.

Has not skipped a beat yet. Hopefully it'll last for more years to come.

Fits perfectly in our fridge space in the kitchen.

It beeps when you leave the door open for too long.

경미
경미 AU4 posts

This is perfect

Everyone went to the store to look at LG product, because they like it, but the design is so pretty that I thought about it for a long time and chose the product which is not more practical than the design. Though I don't worry about it because it's 10 years ' warranty.

maria
mariaSydney6 posts

Nice fridge

Always love LG products, not only the customer service is good even the product itself always good quality, never have problem, freezer has the moveable ice tray so a plus. Fridge has one pull-out tray, about 2 other trays and one fresh box where you can control the humidity to control your fresh produce

Starrie
StarrieAdelaide
  Verified 442L Top Mount GT-442BPL

reasonable price! good energy rating

love this LG fridge. we used to have one LG and one samsung fridge. The samsung stop working one day so i decided to bought a new one. LG is mine first perference as the other LG fridge is working perfectly. I bought this one as a clearance deal from harvey norman. it is in decent size with reasonable price!also good energy rating

nokia3660
nokia3660sydney4 posts
  442L Top Mount GT-442BPL

A Good fridge for the price

Bought this 7 months ago and zero complaints so far. I has been running quiet all along and pretty easy to clean. A few minor stuff I wish were done better, the egg tray is pretty useless. It just holds 6 eggs. The twist to release often releases only some ice and wish the lighting inside the fridge was better. Not that it is any bad but I usually tend to push stuff towards the back and that blocks off the light pretty much.

Noel
NoelCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC4 posts
  442L Top Mount GT-442BPL

Great fridge for reasonable price!

Good amount of space. Very satisfied with the quality for the price I paid. Only issue is really the ice compartment/maker which is really small and snapped off within a few times of use (which I have no real use for anyway). Doesn't use much power, and the reminder beeping for when the fridge/freezer is left open is a nice touch

Linda
LindaSouth East Queensland, QLD6 posts

Great fridge

Great fridge for the money. Good amount of space-time both fridgeband freezer. Egg traybwas useless and we ended up binning it after 1 day. Ice tray is also a bit tiny and as usual the 'twist to release'doesnt actually release any ice

Other reviewers have said theirs can be a bit noisy but we don't notice ours at all - will see if this changes in the future

Will
WillSydney4 posts

Great fridge for under $1000

Bought this fridge because of the energy rating and the fact that it's cheap to run. It's a quiet fridge and it is incredibly easy to clean. It was incredibly hard finding a fridge which is under 1700mm and this was the one. I think it does a good job keeping things cool and the compartments feel quite even in temperature. Hard to say what it will be like 1 to 2 years from now but 1 month in and it's pretty good.

Tony A
Tony A9 posts
  442L Top Mount GT-442BPL

Struggles to stay cold in a single person household

I bought this fridge to upgrade from a bar fridge. My fridge has issues in particular with airflow as I have often had to throw out items like juices that ferment well before the use by date. Avoid and look at other fridges. The freezer compartment I haven't had issues with.

Steve K
Steve KArmidale4 posts
  442L Top Mount GT-442BPL

Admittedly, we bought this because our fridge died and with three small kids, we needed something fast, and to fit into an odd sized hole. Thankfully, this has been an excellent fridge. The compressor isn't noisy, it keeps the compartments the right temperature and the seals are solid.

If I had any complaints, I'm not a huge fan of the shelf layout, the ice tray takes up an excessive amount of room and the door shelves could be more versatile, but overall, very happy.

Rajat
RajatSydney5 posts

Quite a cool customer

Coming from a trusted and reputed white line major LG, the fridge completely delivers quality.it has ample space to fit in our weekly vegetables and other grocery purchases. It has great temperature control mechanism thus not freezing items kept in the freezer. The best feature is its holiday mode temperature control which ensures energy saving and optimal running while we are away.

Top Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how LG Top Mount GT-442 Series compares to other Top Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

Sandra
Sandra

Absolute rubbish

We have had problems with our fridge since day 1. Every time the door closes the freezer door pops open and stays open. No warning bells, so our freezer has defrosted time and time and time again - I don't think my kids know what shape a paddle pop is supposed to be as we have never had a solid one! A technician came and replaced the hinges on the door once but the problem persists. Call centre was very unhelpful. If I had explosives, I would put them in this fridge and detonate them. It drives me flipping crazy.

Anna
AnnaAdelaide6 posts
  442L Top Mount GT-442BPL

Perfect fridge for my kitchen!

Purchased my LG fridge in december last year. It was the second time we got LG fridge and like always it has met its promise of being the best. The cooling is perfect, its quiet and very easy to clean and has a 4 star energy rating which means its low on my bills as well. all in all the best fridge ever !

Rita
Rita4 posts

Great fridge

We find our free she to be just lovely, maintains good temperature, it's very quiet and relatively easy to clean. It has good storage space and the chillers are designed nicely.

The top freezer works really well and overall the fridge has a very practical layout. LG is most reliable as we have a number of their products- reasonably priced too.

Renchan
Renchan28 posts

Great fridge

Bought this as my old machine wasn’t working properly. This is a great simple fridge. It is large enough to fit everything I need. Good freezer space with movable ice tray.

The bottom vegetable tray is also large and easy to clean. My old LG fridge had lots of places for food to get stuck.

My only very tiny issue is that the door has to be open wide to fully open the vegetable tray.

max
maxGippsland, VIC5 posts

my new fridge

happy with the fridge,

but if I had another choice would go for upside down freezer next time,with fridge at top , find it difficult to bend down to look for things, compressor is quiet, find it easy to clean, happy with platinum colour, happy with shelving in the door

Paul
PaulGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts

Really good fridge

Research and read a lot of reviews for a replacement fridge and settled on this LG GT-442BPL with stainless steel finish. The inverter compressor is whisper quiet you won't notice it's running, storage space in both fridge and freezer is quite roomy. The vegetable crisper is roomy too.

The only negative comment about this fridge is the shelf on the door is to low allowing only bottles no taller then 23cm to be placed on the bottom shelf, it's not possible to move the shelves up. A 1 litre bottle of milk just gets in.

Overall very happy with this fridge.

Karen
KarenSouth East Queensland, QLD9 posts

Unworkable fridge space

The freezer compartment does not always freeze quickly, unless it is set on coldest setting. I have found the cooling inside the fridge space is uneven, where items at the back will freeze, or part freeze. Without moving shelves, it is difficult to reach into the fridge, and I wish I had chosen an upside down freezer, where the fridge component was at the top. Without opening the door all the way, you cannot utilise the crisper, which is an odd size and won't hold a family's fruit and vegetables. On the plus side this fridge is extremely quiet, the it uses less energy, having a 4 star rating. It is easy to clean with good quality plastic shelves, but not enough door shelving.

seb
sebMillmerran3 posts
  442L Top Mount GT-442BPL

Very happy I have bought it

After researching many other brands and models I decided to buy the LG GT-442BPL. I like the large size freezer and also the quietness of the motor. It is cheap on power and that is important now days. It is also very easy to clean and the platinum type looks very nice. I don't regret the purchase

Traci Marshall
Traci MarshallGadsden AL3 posts

Lg Fridge

I did not want a side-by-side because I already had a small freezer. I chose this refrigerator because of its large capacity and the in side lights. It has lights down both sides so that you can see everything in side! The freezer part is lit up very well also. It has a big slide-out drawer that goes from side to side that is just wonderful. There are two bins below that for vegetables and other things. The door is big enough to set a gallon of milk and a gallon of tea in it! It keeps things very cold and the freezer freezes really well. I think it is the best refrigerator I have ever purchased. I just hope I can find the stove to match LOL.

Patrick L
Patrick LMelbourne5 posts

Great value

I researched several fridges around the same price range and am very happy with LG range. It maintains a good temperature and has great storage features for the price you pay. It is also very quiet and fits comfortably in an appartment. I also found it easy to keep clean. Highly recommended.

Ana
AnaToowoomba14 posts

Love this fridge

This fridge is super quiet, really easy to clean, Has A lot of storage space. Can change a round compartments to suit everyone's needs. The motor runs when you open the door so your food stays cool. Has a alarm to let you know the door is open. Over all a great fridge.

Not Happy Jan!
Not Happy Jan!Brisbane6 posts

Decent Fridge

We purchased this fridge because it was easy on the budget. Keeps the beer cold and doesn't kill the vegetables. My only gripe would be the plastic shelves. The bottom one has gone and the vegetable crisper is cracked, you can purchase replacement shelves. The bottom shelf that holds the vegetable crisper should have been thicker plastic.

I like toast
I like toastbrisbane39 posts
  442L Top Mount GT-442BWL

Perfect size for a smaller kitchen

I needed a new fridge but the dilemma was I only have a small kitchen. Having four hungry kids I had to get the optimal fridge in interior capacity for the space available so I chose this LG and I haven't been dissapointed. It runs so quietly I had to recheck it was switched on. In both summer and winter it has run beautifully and maintains temperature with ease. To date I have had zero build up of ice, the seals are chunky and it looks great in my kitchen. Great buy, great price!

Lisa1978
Lisa1978Adelaide, South Australia8 posts
  442L Top Mount GT-442BPL

Looks fantastic and surprisingly big

Purchased this fridge recently and surprisingly it really is big inside for my rather large family , looks nice , easy to keep clean , keeps our food nice and fresh and overall rather happy with my purchase. I wanted a fridge that fitted into the limited space that we have and this one fits :)

jan r
jan rForster33 posts

Good features

Quiet working machine . Plenty of room in fridge and freezer. Like the pull out shelves.

Water dripped/ leaked at beginning but had a new gasket put in and all good now.

Would recommend this so far although I have only had it 8 months.

Purchased for 1400 dollars from Harvey norman

azz
azzmolendinar5 posts

so far so good

i purchased this fridge from jb hifi and so far its been great. much better than my leaky fridge anyway.

i placed the order and it arrived within a couple days which is great service from jb hifi. its plenty roomy and nice and cold. its quiet and the price was excellent.

BaconLover
BaconLoverGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC99 posts

Nice fridge

LG fridge has been good to my surprise. i have used other LG products like TVs but did not impress me. But this fridge has definitely exceeded my expectations. The only thing I would change if I buy another fridge is the space. I wish it had a bit more space but all in all a good product to have in the kitchen. I like the not so irritating alarm feature to notify if its left open for too long. A basic feature but very handy.

Nam
NamMacquarie Park7 posts
  Verified 442L Top Mount GT-442BWL

LG fridge so far so good

Good enough for a small family of 3. Easy to pull out the parts & clean it up. Not happy with the putting eggs area as it can only put 10 eggs. Or else I need to cut short the eggs box to put it in. Extra work!

Dimension of this fridge is good to fit in small kitchen.

Emily
EmilyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC12 posts
Leanne
LeanneSouth East Queensland, QLD8 posts

Great fridge

The fridge is perfect. I have never had a problem with it. It maintains perfect temperature in all compartments and is so quiet in operation. The fridge is continually cleaned so I do not have to do a major clean every so often. I use a cleaner on the outside that is suitable for stainless steel surfaces; this helps to avoid rusting. The vegetable crisper is a good size and the other areas are also generously sized. There is a meat compartment at the top.

Bali
BaliMelbourne5 posts

Perfect

Perfect Fridge with perfect cooling and price is also too good, I got the display model in very good deal and never disappointed by it. The freezer is very big to store your frozen food and ice. Beautiful color, design and perfect cooling control system. I will give 10/10 for this item.

Kerry B
Kerry Bberrima6 posts

Terrific value

All parts of this fridge are generous in capacity and extremely easy to clean. Seems to maintain an even temperature and when we suffered a prolonged loss of electricity the freezer compartment remained frozen. Is quiet in function and the stainless steel finish is easy to keep clean and free of finger marks.

Varun
Varun24 posts

Satisfied with it!

Works well. It maintains temperature well enough. Have not seen frosting issues till now.

Trays look sturdy and I have not had a problem placing moderately heavy items on it. Lots of space in the door compartment. Drinks are meant to be kept in a higher shelf than usual lowest shelf which makes a difference on day to day use I guess. It does not make too much noise.

Only negatives I can think of at the moment is that the lowest tray was not removable by me. I need to look at guides on how to remove it for cleaning. Would have been better if it was easier. Also there is very less space for fresh vegetables in the bottom drawer.

Neha
NehaSydney3 posts

Value for money

The fridge comes with temperature control functions for both freezer and the refrigerator. It is easy to clean and serves the purpose fairly good. It is moderately spacious; our family of three members finds an absolute value for money in this fridge. It looks stylish to be put in the kitchen as a centrepiece.