LG Top Mount GT-442 Series

LG Top Mount GT-442 Series (page 4 of 7)

441L, 442L

Pros

• Impressive 4-star energy rating

• Quiet operation

• 'Smart diagnosis' feature

• Internal Layout

nokia3660
nokia3660sydney

A Good fridge for the price

Bought this 7 months ago and zero complaints so far. I has been running quiet all along and pretty easy to clean. A few minor stuff I wish were done better, the egg tray is pretty useless. It just holds 6 eggs. The twist to release often releases only some ice and wish the lighting inside the fridge was better. Not that it is any bad but I usually tend to push stuff towards the back and that blocks off the light pretty much.

Date PurchasedJune 2017
Noel
NoelCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Great fridge for reasonable price!

Good amount of space. Very satisfied with the quality for the price I paid. Only issue is really the ice compartment/maker which is really small and snapped off within a few times of use (which I have no real use for anyway). Doesn't use much power, and the reminder beeping for when the fridge/freezer is left open is a nice touch

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Linda
LindaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great fridge

Great fridge for the money. Good amount of space-time both fridgeband freezer. Egg traybwas useless and we ended up binning it after 1 day. Ice tray is also a bit tiny and as usual the 'twist to release'doesnt actually release any ice

Other reviewers have said theirs can be a bit noisy but we don't notice ours at all - will see if this changes in the future

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Top Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how LG Top Mount GT-442 Series compares to other Top Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

Will
WillSydney

Great fridge for under $1000

Bought this fridge because of the energy rating and the fact that it's cheap to run. It's a quiet fridge and it is incredibly easy to clean. It was incredibly hard finding a fridge which is under 1700mm and this was the one. I think it does a good job keeping things cool and the compartments feel quite even in temperature. Hard to say what it will be like 1 to 2 years from now but 1 month in and it's pretty good.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Tony A
Tony A

Struggles to stay cold in a single person household

I bought this fridge to upgrade from a bar fridge. My fridge has issues in particular with airflow as I have often had to throw out items like juices that ferment well before the use by date. Avoid and look at other fridges. The freezer compartment I haven't had issues with.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Steve K
Steve KArmidale

Admittedly, we bought this because our fridge died and with three small kids, we needed something fast, and to fit into an odd sized hole. Thankfully, this has been an excellent fridge. The compressor isn't noisy, it keeps the compartments the right temperature and the seals are solid.
If I had any complaints, I'm not a huge fan of the shelf layout, the ice tray takes up an excessive amount of room and the door shelves could be more versatile, but overall, very happy.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Rajat
RajatSydney

Quite a cool customer

Coming from a trusted and reputed white line major LG, the fridge completely delivers quality.it has ample space to fit in our weekly vegetables and other grocery purchases. It has great temperature control mechanism thus not freezing items kept in the freezer. The best feature is its holiday mode temperature control which ensures energy saving and optimal running while we are away.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Absolute rubbish

We have had problems with our fridge since day 1. Every time the door closes the freezer door pops open and stays open. No warning bells, so our freezer has defrosted time and time and time again - I don't think my kids know what shape a paddle pop is supposed to be as we have never had a solid one! A technician came and replaced the hinges on the door once but the problem persists. Call centre was very unhelpful. If I had explosives, I would put them in this fridge and detonate them. It drives me flipping crazy.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Anna
AnnaAdelaide

Perfect fridge for my kitchen!

Purchased my LG fridge in december last year. It was the second time we got LG fridge and like always it has met its promise of being the best. The cooling is perfect, its quiet and very easy to clean and has a 4 star energy rating which means its low on my bills as well. all in all the best fridge ever !

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Rita
Rita

Great fridge

We find our free she to be just lovely, maintains good temperature, it's very quiet and relatively easy to clean. It has good storage space and the chillers are designed nicely.
The top freezer works really well and overall the fridge has a very practical layout. LG is most reliable as we have a number of their products- reasonably priced too.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Renchan
Renchan

Great fridge

Bought this as my old machine wasn’t working properly. This is a great simple fridge. It is large enough to fit everything I need. Good freezer space with movable ice tray.

The bottom vegetable tray is also large and easy to clean. My old LG fridge had lots of places for food to get stuck.

My only very tiny issue is that the door has to be open wide to fully open the vegetable tray.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
max
maxGippsland, VIC

my new fridge

happy with the fridge,
but if I had another choice would go for upside down freezer next time,with fridge at top , find it difficult to bend down to look for things, compressor is quiet, find it easy to clean, happy with platinum colour, happy with shelving in the door

Date PurchasedSept 2016
Paul
PaulGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Really good fridge

Research and read a lot of reviews for a replacement fridge and settled on this LG GT-442BPL with stainless steel finish. The inverter compressor is whisper quiet you won't notice it's running, storage space in both fridge and freezer is quite roomy. The vegetable crisper is roomy too.

The only negative comment about this fridge is the shelf on the door is to low allowing only bottles no taller then 23cm to be placed on the bottom shelf, it's not possible to move the shelves up. A 1 litre bottle of milk just gets in.

Overall very happy with this fridge.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Karen
KarenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Unworkable fridge space

The freezer compartment does not always freeze quickly, unless it is set on coldest setting. I have found the cooling inside the fridge space is uneven, where items at the back will freeze, or part freeze. Without moving shelves, it is difficult to reach into the fridge, and I wish I had chosen an upside down freezer, where the fridge component was at the top. Without opening the door all the way, you cannot utilise the crisper, which is an odd size and won't hold a family's fruit and vegetables. On the plus side this fridge is extremely quiet, the it uses less energy, having a 4 star rating. It is easy to clean with good quality plastic shelves, but not enough door shelving.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
seb
sebMillmerran

Very happy I have bought it.

After researching many other brands and models I decided to buy the LG GT-442BPL. I like the large size freezer and also the quietness of the motor. It is cheap on power and that is important now days. It is also very easy to clean and the platinum type looks very nice. I don't regret the purchase

Date PurchasedJuly 2017

lindsay rogers
lindsay rogersasked
442L Top Mount GT-442BPL (Platinum Silver)

is there a fan in the bottom section or does air all come from the top freezer section the fridge section is around 14 deg c and top -23deg c

Orlando L.
Orlando L.

The fan is in the top section in the freezer

Christine L.asked
Top Mount GT-442 Series

We have 2 year old LG 441 Top Mount. compressor is very noisy with vibration, started shortly after purchasing and then stopped noise. Has started again now. Technician came out and said rubber mount isn't dampening vibration. He suggested putting cardboard under the wheel (doesn't stop it). He said maybe could get another rubber mount but might be part of whole compressor. Anyone else have this problem and how can it be fixed?

Christine L.asked
Top Mount GT-442 Series

Fridge is 2 years old. Compressor makes constant loud vibration noise. First started when new then no problems for 2 years.Technician came out, said can't do much. He could try to get another rubber support. Any one else have this issue and How did you fix it?

Jan
Jan

Christine I have only had my fridge for a couple of months, but I've just checked and the compressor is under a 10 year warranty. I would definitely pursue this issue further. Mine makes the occasional seldom loud noise which it has done since installation, for some reason other than that I am extremely happy with this fridge

Ina
Ina

That's just the fridge compressor kicking in...all fridges do that

Christine L.

Issue fixed under warranty. Was a faulty compressor mount.

See all LG Top Mount GT-442 Series questions

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives

LG Top Mount GT-442 Series

Features:

• Series of 2 fridges, one is a durable stainless steel, and the other has a white finish
  • These fridges don’t contain a huge amount of space, but they contain enough storage space to suit a household of around 3 to 4 people
  • Features strategically placed air vents, including vents at the back and within the fridge door. According to the website, items stored in the door cool up to 35% faster than LG fridges without this door-cooling featuring.
  • 4-star energy rating: A high rating compared to other types of fridges, which typically have much lower energy-ratings.
  • Although these are not smart fridges, both LG fridges offer a ‘smart diagnosis’ feature activated by pairing the fridge with a smartphone. If there are issues, this feature allows the fridge to figure out what the problem is.

Points of praise:

• Reviewers were pleased that the fridge ran quietly and didn’t cause a disturbance. Some even forgot that their fridge was switched on.
  • Although both fridges weren’t difficult to clean, the stainless steel was especially easy. All it took was a quick wipe down to get the fridge sparkling again.

Points to consider:

• Some reviewers wished there were more shelf space, but considering this type of fridge is typically thinner than others, it makes sense that this fridge wouldn't have the most amount of space
Compare all 6 LG Top Mount GT-442 Series
LG 441L Top Mount GT-442WDC (White)
  • 2018

LG 441L Top Mount GT-442WDC (White)

LG 441L Top Mount GT-442BTDC (Black Steel)
  • Discontinued
  • 2018

LG 441L Top Mount GT-442BTDC (Black Steel)

No reviews yet
LG 442L Top Mount GT-442BPL (Platinum Silver)
  • Discontinued
  • 2018

LG 442L Top Mount GT-442BPL (Platinum Silver)

4.2
CategoryTop Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsTop Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsTop Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsTop Mount Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) $1,259.00$1,139.00
Dimensions 1690 x 700 x 730 mm1690 x 700 x 730 mm1690 x 700 x 730 mm1690 x 700 x 730 mm
Energy Rating4 star(s)4 star(s)4 star(s)4 star(s)
Household Size 3-4 people3-4 people3-4 people3-4 people
Number of Shelves4444
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins1111
Weight70 kg70 kg70 kg69 kg
Door Hinge RightRightRightRight
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Colour / FinishStainlessWhiteBlack SteelPlatinum Silver