LG Top Mount GT-442 Series

LG Top Mount GT-442 Series (page 5 of 7)

441L, 442L

Pros

• Impressive 4-star energy rating

• Quiet operation

• 'Smart diagnosis' feature

• Internal Layout

Traci Marshall

Traci MarshallGadsden AL

Lg Fridge

I did not want a side-by-side because I already had a small freezer. I chose this refrigerator because of its large capacity and the in side lights. It has lights down both sides so that you can see everything in side! The freezer part is lit up very well also. It has a big slide-out drawer that goes from side to side that is just wonderful. There are two bins below that for vegetables and other things. The door is big enough to set a gallon of milk and a gallon of tea in it! It keeps things very cold and the freezer freezes really well. I think it is the best refrigerator I have ever purchased. I just hope I can find the stove to match LOL.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Patrick L

Patrick LMelbourne

Great value

I researched several fridges around the same price range and am very happy with LG range. It maintains a good temperature and has great storage features for the price you pay. It is also very quiet and fits comfortably in an appartment. I also found it easy to keep clean. Highly recommended.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Ana

AnaToowoomba

Love this fridge

This fridge is super quiet, really easy to clean, Has A lot of storage space. Can change a round compartments to suit everyone's needs. The motor runs when you open the door so your food stays cool. Has a alarm to let you know the door is open. Over all a great fridge.

Top Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how LG Top Mount GT-442 Series compares to other Top Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

Not Happy Jan!

Not Happy Jan!Brisbane

Decent Fridge

We purchased this fridge because it was easy on the budget. Keeps the beer cold and doesn't kill the vegetables. My only gripe would be the plastic shelves. The bottom one has gone and the vegetable crisper is cracked, you can purchase replacement shelves. The bottom shelf that holds the vegetable crisper should have been thicker plastic.

Date PurchasedAug 2011
I like toast

I like toastbrisbane

Perfect size for a smaller kitchen

I needed a new fridge but the dilemma was I only have a small kitchen. Having four hungry kids I had to get the optimal fridge in interior capacity for the space available so I chose this LG and I haven't been dissapointed. It runs so quietly I had to recheck it was switched on. In both summer and winter it has run beautifully and maintains temperature with ease. To date I have had zero build up of ice, the seals are chunky and it looks great in my kitchen. Great buy, great price!

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Lisa1978

Lisa1978Adelaide, South Australia

Looks fantastic and surprisingly big

Purchased this fridge recently and surprisingly it really is big inside for my rather large family , looks nice , easy to keep clean , keeps our food nice and fresh and overall rather happy with my purchase. I wanted a fridge that fitted into the limited space that we have and this one fits :)

jan r

jan rForster

Good features

Quiet working machine . Plenty of room in fridge and freezer. Like the pull out shelves.
Water dripped/ leaked at beginning but had a new gasket put in and all good now.
Would recommend this so far although I have only had it 8 months.
Purchased for 1400 dollars from Harvey norman

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
azz

azzmolendinar

so far so good

i purchased this fridge from jb hifi and so far its been great. much better than my leaky fridge anyway.

i placed the order and it arrived within a couple days which is great service from jb hifi. its plenty roomy and nice and cold. its quiet and the price was excellent.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
BaconLover

BaconLoverGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Nice fridge

LG fridge has been good to my surprise. i have used other LG products like TVs but did not impress me. But this fridge has definitely exceeded my expectations. The only thing I would change if I buy another fridge is the space. I wish it had a bit more space but all in all a good product to have in the kitchen. I like the not so irritating alarm feature to notify if its left open for too long. A basic feature but very handy.

Date PurchasedJune 2014

Nam

NamMacquarie Park

LG fridge so far so good

Good enough for a small family of 3. Easy to pull out the parts & clean it up. Not happy with the putting eggs area as it can only put 10 eggs. Or else I need to cut short the eggs box to put it in. Extra work!
Dimension of this fridge is good to fit in small kitchen.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Emily

EmilyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

A good functional fridge and it looks nice

Leanne

LeanneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great fridge

The fridge is perfect. I have never had a problem with it. It maintains perfect temperature in all compartments and is so quiet in operation. The fridge is continually cleaned so I do not have to do a major clean every so often. I use a cleaner on the outside that is suitable for stainless steel surfaces; this helps to avoid rusting. The vegetable crisper is a good size and the other areas are also generously sized. There is a meat compartment at the top.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Bali

BaliMelbourne

Perfect

Perfect Fridge with perfect cooling and price is also too good, I got the display model in very good deal and never disappointed by it. The freezer is very big to store your frozen food and ice. Beautiful color, design and perfect cooling control system. I will give 10/10 for this item.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Kerry B

Kerry Bberrima

Terrific value

All parts of this fridge are generous in capacity and extremely easy to clean. Seems to maintain an even temperature and when we suffered a prolonged loss of electricity the freezer compartment remained frozen. Is quiet in function and the stainless steel finish is easy to keep clean and free of finger marks.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Varun

Varun

Satisfied with it!

Works well. It maintains temperature well enough. Have not seen frosting issues till now.

Trays look sturdy and I have not had a problem placing moderately heavy items on it. Lots of space in the door compartment. Drinks are meant to be kept in a higher shelf than usual lowest shelf which makes a difference on day to day use I guess. It does not make too much noise.

Only negatives I can think of at the moment is that the lowest tray was not removable by me. I need to look at guides on how to remove it for cleaning. Would have been better if it was easier. Also there is very less space for fresh vegetables in the bottom drawer.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

lindsay rogers

lindsay rogersasked

442L Top Mount GT-442BPL (Platinum Silver)

is there a fan in the bottom section or does air all come from the top freezer section the fridge section is around 14 deg c and top -23deg c

Orlando L.
Orlando L.

The fan is in the top section in the freezer

Christine L.asked

Top Mount GT-442 Series

We have 2 year old LG 441 Top Mount. compressor is very noisy with vibration, started shortly after purchasing and then stopped noise. Has started again now. Technician came out and said rubber mount isn't dampening vibration. He suggested putting cardboard under the wheel (doesn't stop it). He said maybe could get another rubber mount but might be part of whole compressor. Anyone else have this problem and how can it be fixed?

Christine L.asked

Top Mount GT-442 Series

Fridge is 2 years old. Compressor makes constant loud vibration noise. First started when new then no problems for 2 years.Technician came out, said can't do much. He could try to get another rubber support. Any one else have this issue and How did you fix it?

Jan
Jan

Christine I have only had my fridge for a couple of months, but I've just checked and the compressor is under a 10 year warranty. I would definitely pursue this issue further. Mine makes the occasional seldom loud noise which it has done since installation, for some reason other than that I am extremely happy with this fridge

Ina
Ina

That's just the fridge compressor kicking in...all fridges do that

Christine L.

Issue fixed under warranty. Was a faulty compressor mount.

See all LG Top Mount GT-442 Series questions

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives

LG Top Mount GT-442 Series

Features:

• Series of 2 fridges, one is a durable stainless steel, and the other has a white finish
  • These fridges don’t contain a huge amount of space, but they contain enough storage space to suit a household of around 3 to 4 people
  • Features strategically placed air vents, including vents at the back and within the fridge door. According to the website, items stored in the door cool up to 35% faster than LG fridges without this door-cooling featuring.
  • 4-star energy rating: A high rating compared to other types of fridges, which typically have much lower energy-ratings.
  • Although these are not smart fridges, both LG fridges offer a ‘smart diagnosis’ feature activated by pairing the fridge with a smartphone. If there are issues, this feature allows the fridge to figure out what the problem is.

Points of praise:

• Reviewers were pleased that the fridge ran quietly and didn’t cause a disturbance. Some even forgot that their fridge was switched on.
  • Although both fridges weren’t difficult to clean, the stainless steel was especially easy. All it took was a quick wipe down to get the fridge sparkling again.

Points to consider:

• Some reviewers wished there were more shelf space, but considering this type of fridge is typically thinner than others, it makes sense that this fridge wouldn't have the most amount of space
Compare all 6 LG Top Mount GT-442 Series
LG 441L Top Mount GT-442WDC (White)
  • 2018

LG 441L Top Mount GT-442WDC (White)

LG 441L Top Mount GT-442BTDC (Black Steel)
  • Discontinued
  • 2018

LG 441L Top Mount GT-442BTDC (Black Steel)

No reviews yet
LG 442L Top Mount GT-442BPL (Platinum Silver)
  • Discontinued
  • 2018

LG 442L Top Mount GT-442BPL (Platinum Silver)

4.2
CategoryTop Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsTop Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsTop Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsTop Mount Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) $1,259.00$1,139.00
Dimensions 1690 x 700 x 730 mm1690 x 700 x 730 mm1690 x 700 x 730 mm1690 x 700 x 730 mm
Energy Rating4 star(s)4 star(s)4 star(s)4 star(s)
Household Size 3-4 people3-4 people3-4 people3-4 people
Number of Shelves4444
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins1111
Weight70 kg70 kg70 kg69 kg
Door Hinge RightRightRightRight
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Colour / FinishStainlessWhiteBlack SteelPlatinum Silver