Impressive 4-star energy rating
'Smart diagnosis' feature
Reviewer Photos & Videos
Very, very disappointed
I wrote a very positive review on this product about 9 months ago but feel it necessary to write another review now. Love the fridge BUT the door of the fridge have small 'dents' that seem to appear over night. We are in our 70s with no pets, no children and very clean and house-proud but so disappointed that this fridge dents so easily. Hate to see what it's going to look like in 5 years time. Would never have bought this knowing this problem. Also I totally agree with other reviews about the vegetable crisper down the bottom - the fridge door prevents you from opening the crisper wide enough to get anything in it properly - you literally have to remove the crisper just to get your vegies in and out. Total design fail.
Purchased in April 2020.
Wish I never bought this fridge
Bought on 27/09/17, plastic fan in freezer compartment broke on august 2019, now after getting it fixed it’s broken again December 2020, have to wait 2 weeks for tech to look at it so I’m going to throw it out and never buy an LG fridge ever again nor will I recommend anyone to buy one, 3 years old and needs a 3rd fan, not to mention the inconvenience of not having a fridge for days on end because of waiting for technicians,
Purchased in September 2017.
Paper THIN DENTS easy! Thin PLASTIC cracks !
Paper THIN DENTS easy! i have treated this with kid gloves since owning to avoid this very thing and without trying dents appear never seen anything like it.. so cheaply made :( Thin PLASTIC inside cracks but even Worse the vegetable drawer barely opens enough it doesnt hold enough for 2 people but as i said it doesnt open enough to fit a lettuce in there even. you have to dis engage the drawer to get that in there.. they were out to lunch on this new inverter design and quality.. never again LG...
Purchased in March 2020.
Find out how LG Top Mount GT-442 Series compares to other Top Mount Fridges / Refrigerators
Know better, choose better.
LG FRIDGE IS NOT RELIABLE
I bought this fridge around August 2017. 2 months ago its door shelf is cracked although we used it gently. 1 month ago its leg support is cracked. I do not have enough time to buy a new fridge, and I do not want to use this fridge as a cracked door shelf preventing the door to close. LG provides a two-year warranty, and I need to pay around 100 dollars for replacing these parts. I do not recommend any LG product to people because of this experience.
Terrible. Wish I never bought it.
Terrible. Freezer full of ice and frost in the first week I had it, and cycles between +12 and -23 degrees Celsius. Fridge won’t go below 6 degrees Celsius. LG service has been frustrating and uncooperative. Total waste of money and food.
Purchased in July 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $990.00.
We have had problems with our fridge since day 1. Every time the door closes the freezer door pops open and stays open. No warning bells, so our freezer has defrosted time and time and time again - I don't think my kids know what shape a paddle pop is supposed to be as we have never had a solid one! A technician came and replaced the hinges on the door once but the problem persists. Call centre was very unhelpful. If I had explosives, I would put them in this fridge and detonate them. It drives me flipping crazy.
A terrible fridge
it has so many defects when it is first installed that any one will not feel safe using the fridge;
1. The metal wall next to the door trims have been hot from top to bottom.
2. The fridge is so noisy much noise than my 16 years old Kelvinator fridge.
3. The refrigerator is full of dew when I open it despite the fact the temperature is set at medium.
4. The freezer is full of ice at a temperature setting of medium (5) as recommended.
5. The door starts to beep whenever you open it for a very short time.
Overall, it is terrible.
Questions & Answers
We have 2 year old LG 441 Top Mount. compressor is very noisy with vibration, started shortly after purchasing and then stopped noise. Has started again now. Technician came out and said rubber mount isn't dampening vibration. He suggested putting cardboard under the wheel (doesn't stop it). He said maybe could get another rubber mount but might be part of whole compressor. Anyone else have this problem and how can it be fixed?
Fridge is 2 years old. Compressor makes constant loud vibration noise. First started when new then no problems for 2 years.Technician came out, said can't do much. He could try to get another rubber support. Any one else have this issue and How did you fix it?
Christine I have only had my fridge for a couple of months, but I've just checked and the compressor is under a 10 year warranty. I would definitely pursue this issue further. Mine makes the occasional seldom loud noise which it has done since installation, for some reason other than that I am extremely happy with this fridge
That's just the fridge compressor kicking in...all fridges do that
Issue fixed under warranty. Was a faulty compressor mount.
Get an answer from our members and LG representatives
- Series of 2 fridges, one is a durable stainless steel, and the other has a white finish
- These fridges don’t contain a huge amount of space, but they contain enough storage space to suit a household of around 3 to 4 people
- Features strategically placed air vents, including vents at the back and within the fridge door. According to the website, items stored in the door cool up to 35% faster than LG fridges without this door-cooling featuring.
- 4-star energy rating: A high rating compared to other types of fridges, which typically have much lower energy-ratings.
- Although these are not smart fridges, both LG fridges offer a ‘smart diagnosis’ feature activated by pairing the fridge with a smartphone. If there are issues, this feature allows the fridge to figure out what the problem is.
Points of praise:
- Reviewers were pleased that the fridge ran quietly and didn’t cause a disturbance. Some even forgot that their fridge was switched on.
- Although both fridges weren’t difficult to clean, the stainless steel was especially easy. All it took was a quick wipe down to get the fridge sparkling again.
Points to consider:
- Some reviewers wished there were more shelf space, but considering this type of fridge is typically thinner than others, it makes sense that this fridge wouldn't have the most amount of space
|Category||Top Mount Fridges / Refrigerators||Top Mount Fridges / Refrigerators||Top Mount Fridges / Refrigerators||Top Mount Fridges / Refrigerators|
|Dimensions||1690 x 700 x 730 mm||1690 x 700 x 730 mm||1690 x 700 x 730 mm||1690 x 700 x 730 mm|
|Energy Rating||4 star(s)||4 star(s)||4 star(s)||4 star(s)|
|Household Size||3-4 people||3-4 people||3-4 people||3-4 people|
|Features||Door Alarm||Door Alarm||Display Panel and Door Alarm||Door Alarm|
|Number of Shelves||4||4||4||4|
|Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins||1||1||1||1|
|Weight||70 kg||70 kg||70 kg||69 kg|
|Manufacturer Warranty||2 year(s)||2 year(s)||2 year(s)||2 year(s)|
|Colour / Finish||Stainless||White||Black Steel||Platinum Silver|
|Total Capacity||441 L||441 L||441 L||442 L|
|Fridge Capacity||305 L||305 L||305 L||306 L|
|Freezer Capacity||136 L||136 L||136 L||136 L|
Other Top Mount Fridges / Refrigerators
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.