Impressive 4-star energy rating
'Smart diagnosis' feature
- Top Mount GT-442 Series
Adequate for a 3-person family
Have had this fridge for a couple of years. No complaints as far as temperature is concerned - it seems to keep a reasonable temp in all compartments, temp is easy to change if needed. The main thing I would say is that it's just adequate in size for our family (two adults, one toddler). We eat a lot of fruit/veg and they don't always fit in the crisper, and if we're entertaining, fridge can be a tight fit. Things can get cramped in the freezer too (tend to freeze a lot of things with a toddler).
The fridge marks a little easily but is easy to...clean (I use window cleaner... not sure if I'm supposed to, but it works). You have to be careful about knocking the door because it dents easily (we have some dents from a side cupboard opening onto the fridge). The other thing that irritates me is that the door wants to swing closed when it's open and I'm trying to fill the crisper. Suppose it's good because the door won't be left open accidentally but it's a little annoying. I like the little manual ice maker in the freezer - comes in handy.
Purchased in September 2017.
We too only bought our lg fridge in dec 2017 we also have the problem that when the fridge door closes the freezer pops open just slightly but enough to cause condensation in the freezer will be going to Good Guys and showing them your review, clearly a problem with the manufacture
Questions & Answers
We have 2 year old LG 441 Top Mount. compressor is very noisy with vibration, started shortly after purchasing and then stopped noise. Has started again now. Technician came out and said rubber mount isn't dampening vibration. He suggested putting cardboard under the wheel (doesn't stop it). He said maybe could get another rubber mount but might be part of whole compressor. Anyone else have this problem and how can it be fixed?
Fridge is 2 years old. Compressor makes constant loud vibration noise. First started when new then no problems for 2 years.Technician came out, said can't do much. He could try to get another rubber support. Any one else have this issue and How did you fix it?
Christine I have only had my fridge for a couple of months, but I've just checked and the compressor is under a 10 year warranty. I would definitely pursue this issue further. Mine makes the occasional seldom loud noise which it has done since installation, for some reason other than that I am extremely happy with this fridge
That's just the fridge compressor kicking in...all fridges do that
Issue fixed under warranty. Was a faulty compressor mount.
Get an answer from our members and LG representatives
- Series of 2 fridges, one is a durable stainless steel, and the other has a white finish
- These fridges don’t contain a huge amount of space, but they contain enough storage space to suit a household of around 3 to 4 people
- Features strategically placed air vents, including vents at the back and within the fridge door. According to the website, items stored in the door cool up to 35% faster than LG fridges without this door-cooling featuring.
- 4-star energy rating: A high rating compared to other types of fridges, which typically have much lower energy-ratings.
- Although these are not smart fridges, both LG fridges offer a ‘smart diagnosis’ feature activated by pairing the fridge with a smartphone. If there are issues, this feature allows the fridge to figure out what the problem is.
Points of praise:
- Reviewers were pleased that the fridge ran quietly and didn’t cause a disturbance. Some even forgot that their fridge was switched on.
- Although both fridges weren’t difficult to clean, the stainless steel was especially easy. All it took was a quick wipe down to get the fridge sparkling again.
Points to consider:
- Some reviewers wished there were more shelf space, but considering this type of fridge is typically thinner than others, it makes sense that this fridge wouldn't have the most amount of space
|Category||Top Mount Fridges / Refrigerators||Top Mount Fridges / Refrigerators||Top Mount Fridges / Refrigerators||Top Mount Fridges / Refrigerators|
|Dimensions||1690 x 700 x 730 mm||1690 x 700 x 730 mm||1690 x 700 x 730 mm||1690 x 700 x 730 mm|
|Energy Rating||4 star(s)||4 star(s)||4 star(s)||4 star(s)|
|Household Size||3-4 people||3-4 people||3-4 people||3-4 people|
|Features||Door Alarm||Door Alarm||Display Panel and Door Alarm||Door Alarm|
|Number of Shelves||4||4||4||4|
|Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins||1||1||1||1|
|Weight||70 kg||70 kg||70 kg||69 kg|
|Manufacturer Warranty||2 year(s)||2 year(s)||2 year(s)||2 year(s)|
|Colour / Finish||Stainless||White||Black Steel||Platinum Silver|
|Total Capacity||441 L||441 L||441 L||442 L|
|Fridge Capacity||305 L||305 L||305 L||306 L|
|Freezer Capacity||136 L||136 L||136 L||136 L|
Other Top Mount Fridges / Refrigerators
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.