LG LD-1481S4 / LD-1481W4

LG LD-1481S4 / LD-1481W4

LD-1481S4 (Stainless) and LD-1481W4 (White)

Bad quality!

I bought one 2 years ago and now the trays are already rusty. It was a wrong decision buying this thing. I thought LG is a good brand, I should have purchased a European brand instead. Never again LG!
Better get rid of this on the next council clean up.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

A better than average dishwasher

I took my time to look over some of the top brands before settling on this dishwasher. I wanted to see what made them top brands offered in features and fittings and then buy something reasonably priced but with similar features and reasonable quality.

After I installed the dishwasher I was surprised to find it had some features I had not noticed in the shop, such as the ability to select only the top or bottom shelf for a "half load" wash option. I love this feature, because there are only two of us and we don't dirty a lot of dishes each day.

I also like the 30 minute quick wash because it saves energy and water while it gets the job done quickly. The auto wash feature can take up to 2.5 hours to complete. That is great if you have a full load after a party but not usually useful for small loads.

I wanted great energy and water conservation. This LG is 4 star (230kW/year) and 5 star water using 11.5 liters/wash. This dishwasher ticked that box.

I wanted a stainless steel filter mechanism as these are more durable than the nylon types in some washers. Another box ticked.

I wanted an easy to replace door sealing rubber and the LG is easy to replace and clean. Tick that box.

I wanted a removable cutlery basket. Some washer have a tray. I want the option to use it or not when I have big items on the bottom drawer. Last box ticked.

I have had the dishwasher for 11 months and I am very pleased with its performance and quality of construction. I would recommend this dishwasher to those who are looking for quality at a reasonable price.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Great Buy Great Results

I bought this dishwasher just over 12 months ago and it has not missed a beat.
It is used a minimum 4 times a week when there is a full load so as to save energy and water.
I have tried all of the available cycles to evaluate their performance and am pleasantly surprised with the results of each cycle. They all produced the outcome that it claims to deliver.
Personally after trying all the cycles, I choose to use the Dual Intensity cycle, as it is the hottest but it does take the longest time to complete it's cycle. The time for this cycle is 2hrs 17min which seems to be a long time, (and it is) but I get exceptional results every time without fail, and have done so for the past 12 months.
The controls are very self explanatory and simple to use, making it impossible to make a mistake with your choice of cycles.
The instructions state it is not necessary to rinse the items prior to placing them into the washer, but I am from the old school and choose to at least rinse off the heavy particles off plates, dishes and cutlery. It's probably not necessary, but that is my choice to do it that way, and I have never had an issue with the strainers getting blocked with a build up of food particles. I visually inspect the strainer every couple of weeks, and remove them all every 2 months and give them a thorough clean. This process is easy and straight forward to complete.
There has never been any water leaks from any hoses or through the door gaskets, and that is how it should be. Overall I am very satisfied with this dishwasher's performance and the results it delivers.
Considering all the above I completely recommend you seriously consider this dishwasher for your next replacement, as you will not be disappointed.

Dissapointing

The dishwasher only lasted about 6 years - the Drain Pump was worn out and the sump was leaking when the repairman looked at it, would cost about 500 to fix when we spent about 700 on it. Won't be buying LG appliance again if thats the lifecycle of them

Date PurchasedSep 2012

Sparklin plates now

We got sick of doing all the plates, knife and forks manually and using so much water and power so we bought one of these this year. It cost us way more to have it installed but once in it looks great and clean sour plates so well the plates sparkle

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Love the black machine

We have a very black dark kitchen and wanted a dish washer that wouldn't hide itself or be bright sliver so this was our only option to buy and got the whire model. It cleans the dishes very well and installing didn't cost a huge amount. It looks really nice in the kitchen too like it was meant to be there

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Almost Awesome!!

Excellent clean. I use it with Fairy Platinum and the clean is pretty much perfect every time.
Its reasonably quiet, the racks work perfectly and have loads of adjustments, but two of my racks are rusting. Yes that right, the powdercoating must have had an imperfection and the ends of two wires and they are rusting. I should contact LG about this.

Apart from the rusting the only other annoying thing is that it plays this ridiculous long annoying tune when it is finished, which is usually around 1am and it wakes me up. I hate that tune. LG, when the load is finished, DON'T MAKE A SOUND!!

I have had this dishwasher for nearly a year now and it has functioned perfectly (other than the rusted racks). I am hoping this dishwasher performs better in the long run as my previous Samsung shafted me after 3 years. I will never buy a Samsung dishwasher again.

I will claim the rusted racks on warranty, if LG don't cough up I'll report back here.

**UPDATE**
To LG's credit they shipped me both racks without any problems. I contacted them via their support website chat because to me this is much more convenient than phone and it provides me with a written record. The chat raised a case number which i used to send them the required information (photos of receipt, serial number and damaged areas) via their claims website. Then a couple of weeks later the lower rack arrived and a week or so after that the top rack arrived.
The only problem with the claim was that there was no communication at all other than the chat. I had no email contact and no way of tracking what was happening with the claim unless I chatted them again with the case number. I received no notification that the delivery was occurring until I got home one day and found a missed delivery.
9/10 LG, improve your claim communications and you will be great.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Very Good Dish washer

Good clean and dry
Sits in my open plan living area, very quiet, don't notice it really
I like the 60 minute quick cycle
Second LG dishwasher I've had from new (shifted house and left first one there), now had for 10 months
Does what it's supposed to do, no complaints

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Another piece of crap!

There are no favourite features. Bought this thing instead of a Dishlex on the 23/12/17, did one wash and came up with the error code nE, which apparently means vario motor malfunction. Used once! A month later still waiting to have repaired by their service agent. I would strongly suggest to steer clear of this crap! Silly me it was the only LG product in my house and it was bought because the misses liked the look of it and sales people plugged it. I've been in the service industry all my life, most times when things start off bad, they don't get any better. Do your self a favour, unlike me. Don't waste $800 of your hard earned money on this rubbish product. It really is unreal how these companies can get away selling inferior products and charging good money for them! STEER CLEAR. Still waiting to use it for the second time. Bye the way LG it has a five year warranty and I haven't even started to bother you yet! Shame, shame, shame!

February 7th, 2018 Update: Just a follow up on this rubbish product

Had the service agent out to check what the problem was with this machine. Bear in mind it was purchased on the 23/12 /17 and performed one wash before failing miserably. After a quick inspection, he advised me that it had a major problem down in the bowels of the unit and it wasn't an easy repair to perform in the house. We approached LG with regards to a replacement machine, which they agreed to, only one problem; they can't supply one. Long story short , they have issued us with a store credit. I find it absolutely incredible that a company as big as LG can't organise something better for their customers. Any how , it is probably a blessing in disguise, no more LG rubbish in this household !

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Good Dishwasher but....

The dishwasher performs well, efficient and quiet. The bottom rack does not fit well and drops off the runners when it is loaded and being pushed into place. Takes several goes to get it to slide in. Very annoying.
Left glass guard does not lock into position and tends to drop away. Have not had a bad wash so far.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

perfect product

our first dishwasher and should of got one ages ago this product washers almost perfect every time we only use the finish tablet and glass were comes up beautiful very easy to use a lots of setting we dont use the quick 30 minute wash and didnt seem to clean very well

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Energy efficient Quality

Quiet and Energy efficient. Expect a quality Korean build product. Used for a family of 5, so it has done some heavy loading cleaning for couple of months. It noisy at heavy load, but it is expected. The dishes is pretty decently clean at hot cycle, also there an economical cycle if you prefer to go budget

Washes well

Havnt had the dish washer for very long, but so far seems to be working quite well. It is quiet and washes the dishes well. The unit is quite large so we only run it every 3 or 4 days when its full. The different programs are also usefull for smaller loads.

Nice replacement dishwasher

Purchased this dishwasher as a replacement to the one that was and leaking. The dishwasher is much better as it new . Does a very good job in washing the dishes and cutlery etc. It is very good choice for us as it fitted in well appearance wise to the kitchen

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Overall - Very Good

After 2 Dishlex's I went through a whole lot of dishwashers under a $1000 to get one that had the best layout and functions that I could find. The LG came up as the best overall layout, which to me is one of the most important features, especially the cup glasses top rack.
So after installing the new unit I packed it up and turned it on.
Quite and easy operation (Direct Drive) what a difference.
Cleaned everything up perfectly(not like the dishlex's).
The eco wash does take 2.5hrs to run, so a bit longer but no problem.
About the only drawback is the drying. Utensils are still somewhat wet and cups on top. This really doesn't bother me as all other elements are great.
One thing to think about when installing is that the water supply hose as a back flow inhibitor which is fairly large so you may have to cut a bigger hole in your cupboards for installation.

Wonderful

Fantastic product can't recommend more, washes well and easy to stack. Takes more than my last dishwasher. Easy to use buttons and cycles. Instructions are clear and easy to understand. Very reliable and has not given us any trouble since the day we got it. Can't go wrong with LG

Date PurchasedAug 2015

The best ever !!

it is great no issues at all, unable to write any further words as there are no words to discribe how great it is and the cleaniness of the dishers and glasses, but party assistance I have had. We have our daughters 18th coming up therefore I am sure it will make the clean up so much easier

Date PurchasedJul 2015

Replacing Dishlex

This was purchased to replace a Dishlex which kept failing. I have an LG dishwasher since 2008 and this one is still functioning well. So know that they last. This was a bargain buy at Good Guys and very happy as quiet and does a good job cleaning even on short cycle. For the price a quality product.

Average dishwasher

This is an average product. I've found that I need to rinse my dishes before they go into the dishwasher which is rather annoying and a waste of water. I always have to use the hottest setting, otherwise things don't clean properly. The layout of the dishwasher is quite good though, allowing for efficient stacking.

Quick and efficient

this is an awesome affordable dishwasher really really good. 3 kids 3 adults in my household and it cleans everything really well. My favourite thing about it is the top shelf height room I can put all the pots and pans in there when I don't want to wash them up by hand.

Date PurchasedJan 2017