LG NeoChef MJ3966

LG NeoChef MJ3966 Questions & Answers

MJ3966ABS (Black), MJ3966ASS (Silver)
Listing monitored by LG

21 questions from our users

VickiJ
VickiJasked
NeoChef MJ3966ABS (Black)

1. Why does user manual say convection can be 200deg but unit only goes to 180?
2. Using convection combi - how do you now what micro power relates to which code? (EG manual says
CC-2 is 330W), what is CC-1 and CC-3?

Hi Vicki,
The unit does go up to 200 degrees in. The microwave starts @ 180dg. Turning the dial will take it to 200. Regarding the CC-2 etc. I haven’t come across this, so unable to respond. If not in the manual, I either internet search or go to LG website where Live chat can be used. I do this with appliances I’m uncertain about.

Christine
Christineasked
NeoChef MJ3966ABS (Black)

We have a nearly brand new microwave and everytime the microwave function is selected the "door" display comes on and the microwave stops heating

Mortishia

This appears to be a fault. Have you contacted the manufacturer or the dealer you purchased from? Depending on how long you have had the item, usually the dealer will replace. You shouldn’t have such an issue with the microwave. Don’t hesitate and get in contact with dealer first, the LG.
Regards
Maria

Anny
Annyasked
NeoChef MJ3966

Why does the clock turn itself off after it finishes cooking, heating etc?

peejaybee

It shouldn’t if you mean it goes blank/off. It’s faulty, just like ours. A few reports on here of the same thing. It needs to be repaired by LG if still under warranty.

Sean L.
Sean L.asked
NeoChef MJ3966

I bought it two years ago, but I don't know how to cook with the convection, do you have any videos to demonstrate? I really appreciate it ,Thank you !

peejaybee

We just used the instruction book. Heat it up to the required temp then select mode and set timer for amount to cook. You have to do that straight after it reaches temp.

Northern Oasis
Northern Oasisasked
NeoChef MJ3966

Hi we are having an issue with the turntable. It is intermittent and noisy and often quite slow with its turning. We have checked wheels are all running well. White centre gadget is fitted in correctly under glass plate. Housing also appears clean and uninhibited. Worse with any extra weight other than small items. Starting to bug me and concerned it may seize up. We have had the machine 18 months still under 2 year warranty. We do like all the functions and have used it all the time.

Justin G
Justin Gasked
NeoChef MJ3966ABS (Black)

Why’s is keep showing F11 and stopping??

James R.

Inverter issues. Extremely common and be prepared to have it in a repair shop for weeks (many times)...

Mark A.
Mark A.asked
NeoChef MJ3966ABS (Black)

Hi LG. Perhaps I have not read the manual in enough detail, but my problem is with convection cooking. After I set the temperature and time it cooks fine. BUT, if I need to baste roasting foods or continue cooking after the time that I set it will not work until the oven has cooled down. If I need to interrupt the convection cycle it continues with the timer counting down but the turntable is not working and not heating. I have returned it the the retailer twice now, (Hervey Norman Everton Park Qld.) but just get fobbed off. with my previous CMO, I could press stop, add quicker cooking vegetables or baste the roast etc, close the door and press start and it would continue. Not so with this LG. So....why?
Also, often have an issue where the control panel shows "door" even when the door is closed.
Expensive unit, I regret purchasing it.
Thank you, Mark Andrew. (mark@designmark.net.au)

James R.

Don't worry, Mine is supposed to go in for yet another repair. Great - another 3-4 weeks to get back a fault unit. Each time it comes back - new issues. Not impressed either considering I purchased this as it is supposed to have the "SMART DIAGNOSIS" function "Use this function if you need an accurate diagnosis by an LG Electronics service centre when the product malfunctions or fails. Use this function only to contact the service representative, not during normal operation." PFT - what a load of crap, so many times complaining to LG and they don't even use this . More interested fobbing you off to a repairer. In two minds reporting such a dangerous item to the ACCC. Never know - may cause a recall!

Dave Ryder
Dave Ryderasked
NeoChef MJ3966ABS (Black)

Why does the clock stop working when I open the door

mr.sneezy
mr.sneezy

That's a common fault, ours did that too. Also stopped while cooking and wanted a clock time reset regularly.

Burt
Burt

It is the wiring harness in the door that does create most of those problems listed above.. Easy fix by just rerouting the harness..
Any qualified "white good electrician" can fix it in less than an hour... Read my review...

Peter T
Peter Tasked
NeoChef MJ3966

Has anyone found the root cause of the microwave / clock resetting intermittently. I have been plagued by this problem since purchase and have had the door PCB replaced under warranty, but the problem continues.

Sandy G.
Sandy G.

Mine does this too..and my mother in law's does also. Would really like to know why.. hope we get an answer.

Jacinta M.
Jacinta M.asked
NeoChef MJ3966

I have just brought this product and I have followed instructions on set up once I place water in microwave and press start for 30 seconds it is still cold am I doing something wrong please help

Pam

A cup or mug of milk takes 90 secs to be hot enough for a coffee, 30 seconds would not even start warming it. You will probably find you'll have to add extra time almost every time you cook.

Sue S
Sue S

Yes need longer than 30 seconds. Every time you press the start button it goes up by 30 seconds... or you can turn the knob too, to set the time required.

Janelle Hasked
NeoChef MJ3966

My lg neither keeps turning off randomly. Why? It’s only a few months old. Not happy cause it wasn’t cheap

Pam

I've not had that problem but the turntable is becoming very noisy and sometimes jerks and shudders. My experience with LG was very poor and they were disinterested in the many problems I was having. I wish you luck.

baz
baz

Just take it back to the shop you bought it from. They have to fix it

loz
lozasked
NeoChef MJ3966ABS (Black)

We keep getting an F-1 symbol on our panel and it seems to be for no reason. Any ideas why, it is brand new.

Pam

I don't get fault codes, I just find that the programs are hard to follow. When I try to defrost it par cooks the item yet when I try to heat or cook something it takes such a long time. LG say that because there is no actual fault they won't do anything.

Maydayasked
NeoChef MJ3966ABS (Black)

My microwave when used as convection occasionally fails to cook the top. I check and see the top grill element sometimes doesnt come on and other times it comes on in waves. So sometimes the cooking time is prolonged and in the case of cakes the top is noticeably pale and too soft. Other times things turn out ok. My repair centre says it the sensors detecting if the element needs to come on and in the case of cakes the element doesnt need to. I'm not cooking on a sensor mode, its convection temp setting. Theres no more moisture in a cake than cauliflower in cheese sauce but that seems to get crust and sometimes my cakes turn out fine. Does anyone else have same issue?

John
Johnasked
NeoChef MJ3966ASS (Silver)

Bought a Silver MJ3966ASS in November 2017 - after a couple of months the machine started turning itself off regularly and I got sick of having to reprogramme the clock. Sometimes it turned off and made a buzzing noise. Had the machine replaced in May and now just six weeks later the same things are happening. Can't trust it to do the jobs I bought if for. Am really disappointed as I have other LG products and (fingers crossed) they all seem fine. Service from LG not good - was told there was nothing wrong and then told it would take a month to get a new part in??? Am now going to have to get another microwave but definatley not an LG!! Can LG please tell me what is going on??

John

Janelle H

Mine is doing the same thing! Have they said what’s wrong with it and why it’s doing that??

Tom
Tomasked
NeoChef MJ3966ABS (Black)

Can someone tell me the true dimensions? How can the depth be 328mm if the turntable is 360mm?

Cathy
Cathy

It is the height that is 325mm according to LG's website. I can't find the internal measurements anywhere but seeing the turntable is 360mm, I imagine it would only be a fraction bigger than that.

don
donasked
NeoChef MJ3966ABS (Black)

Can anyone recommend cook books for the LG Neochef please?

Rube
Rubeasked
NeoChef MJ3966ASS (Silver)

Can you tell me what sort of noise it makes to denote finish of cooking etc. our last microwave had a very annoying signal.

Bear
Bear

It plays a little jingle which is common with a lot of LG products. If you don't open the door it will keep playing the jingle every 30 or so seconds, which is a good reminder but also can be very annoying.

Ang
Angasked
NeoChef MJ3966ABS (Black)

Why is it clicking back into 12h and stopping midway though cooking .?
Repair shop said you have to reset time clock ever time you cook .

That doesn't sound right to me

austex

Sounds like a severe case of miscommunication between the repair shop and yourself. Those call centres can drive me crazy sometimes!! Call and talk to LG direct. You DO NOT have to reset the time clock every time you cook, but you DO have to reset the cook time for each recipe. It also seems from looking at the manual that the Economy mode will cause problems with the clock and cooking if you are not careful. I don't use the clock myself as our power goes out all the time and it would drive me crazy needing to reset it all the time. Maybe turn the time clock off the next time you cook something and see if that makes a difference. If it does, then the problem is the clock and you can tell the LG people that. I have cooked things for 9 hours in my oven without any trouble, so I know it can do it.

Mayday

I have the exact same problem, lg call centre referred me to repair agent that doesnt repair lg stuff anymore but eventually i fount one that did, my microwave ready in 2 weeks came back scratched, but repaired, the wiring moves when door opens/closes, causing things to rub or disconnect slightly and reset clock. Didnt explain why it stopped cooking prematurely but the answer seemed acceptable to me at the time, but after a month its begun to do the same again, not sure if thats the real problem or if they were just guessing but its not good enough. No you dont need to reset the clock to use the microwave but if you want to use functions you have to press stop firat then your normal settings, you cant rely on it to complete its cooking period and it seems as though they are aware of the problem and should be able to solve it. I had a lg soladom before this one and i was very very happy with that, should have got another one of those

Djnwwasked
NeoChef MJ3966ABS (Black)

Does the fan continue to run for 30 seconds as soon as the microwave finishes cooking ?

Ken N
Ken N

Yes at least. The fan also vibrates the oven during operation.

Roman
Roman

yup. it says "cooling" and the fan runs for few (may be 30) seconds

Thanks for that.

maddie
maddieasked
NeoChef MJ3966

Can you stop the turntable spinning in convection or any mode?

No you can't.

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives

LG NeoChef MJ3966