Worked well but frustrating.

Two years and four days after purchase it died. It worked except that it plays a tune when finished and this does get tiresome - what is wrong with a couple of subtle beeps. At a change in time you have to turn the unit off and back on to set the new time - twice a year and when mounted in a cabinet it can be awkward. You can only set in 10 second increments - a common problem with models now. The selection of auto mode requires looking at a table - after a while you get to know to set to 3 for auto cooking vegetables. The display does not assist in selecting modes. The opening and closing the door often causes the whole microwave to slide around. Sometimes the touch sensitive buttons do not work - a problem when you need it to stop in a hurry - you end up opening the door to stop the microwave. To access most of the functions you have to open the door. It does show fingerprints and needs to be wiped often - sometimes triggering the touch buttons. Have now bought a 44L panasonic - so much better - simple beeps - can set the time - we will see how it goes.

Purchased for $250.00.

Good
Good
Noise Level
Normal

Absolutely love this microwave

Been using this microwave for 15 months now, and I wouldn't be without it. I especially love the sensor feature. It works brilliantly for fresh veggies, and cooks rice perfectly.

Purchased .

Noise Level
Very quiet

Couldn't be more beautiful

A microwave is a microwave. It performs all the task that it is supposed to, but it looks absolutely beautiful. All ugly buttons hidden, very sleek as there is only one door that goes from edge to edge (L to R). All features behind the door are the ones rarely used, so its a great place for it to be. All the everyday used buttons are easily accessed in the front.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Easy to use, program times seem wayward

I agree closely with Truebleu2 comments.
The programming for defrosting and heating using programs seem to miss the point and prove variable. I weighed up some frozen chicken, defrosted it and was suspicious so I only allowed it to do 2/3 of the time shown. Just as well as this was virtually defrosted and slightly cooked on edges. I returned to practices used with my old Sharp (10 years old). This means I manually defrosted food on reduced times and gave timed breaks before resetting the time expected to complete the defrosting. I also calculated that P70-80 was close to the power input of my old Sharp which was 950watts.
I tried something simple, heating baked beans. The programming based on weight was again over zealous. I returned to manual heating. I will next check the machine for hot spots and overall heat distribution before providing another review. My machine is only 1 month old so I will include reliability in my next review too.
The machine is tidy and very easy to operate. I just hope the programming buttons don’t fail with time given I don’t trust the auto cook timings so manual touch buttons may get overused.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Won't heat after 12 months I want my Panasonic back

This microwave stopped heating after 12 months. To explain my issue via chat was a nightmare. The LG service centers are inconvenient to get to and only open Monday to Friday. Not really great if you work. Lets hope I don't wait too long for my microwave to be repaired. I hope it lasts longer than 12 months this time! Give me my Panasonic back any day!

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Stopped working after 3 months

I gave this Microwave 3 start based i in fact it is a great MW when it works quite, quick and efficient

Bought 10th Oct 2018, however last night while reheating some rice, I heard a loud snap or crack come from it and then a really bad smell* that was all she wrote :( no longer heats anything

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Beautiful microwave

The LG NeoChef microwave is simple, streamlined and beautiful. The door is soft closing, recessed and there is an easy to use swipe timer. The detailed cooking options are on the inside giving it a clean appearance on the outside. The white LED light gives it a nice illumination as well.

Microwave delighy

Where do I start with this piece of work. Amazing! Really cool and easy for me to heat up my food! Although, not sure about the other button when you open it up it’s actually a touch microwave when you close it and just a quick min to heat up you food. Doesn’t make too much noise as well!

Installation issue

My general impression of the product agrees with most of the positive reviews I have read, so I won't repeat those impressions. However I would like to draw attention to an issue that does not appear to be addressed in the owner's manual.
Pages 8 and 9 of the manual deal with setting up the microwave, culminating in a simple test of heating up 300ml of water for 30sec. If this works you are told that now all is OK. In my case the water heated but the turntable did not move as I expected based on my how my old microwave worked. As the manual did not mention anything about turntable rotation I thought perhaps on this new higher tech machine rotation depended on what settings were in place, and that rotation would occur on longer times and/or lower power settings. But whatever settings I tried, there was no rotation. I concluded the oven was faulty and contacted LG customer care (available 7 days a week - excellent). The helpful consultant agreed there was something wrong and told me where I could take the oven for repair but also advised that I could try for a replacement at place of purchase.
JB HI-FI were excellent and replaced the microwave with no hesitation, despite my having already destroyed all the packaging. The new machine appears to work correctly, with turntable always rotating when heating is in progress.

Should anyone from LG happen to read this, may I suggest that the first two sentences of step 7 of the "Unpacking & Installing" section of the manual should read:
The DISPLAY will count down from 30 seconds while the tray rotates.
When the display reaches 0 it will chime briefly.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Nice Looker but let down by Programs.

I bought this in September 2018 to replace an old Sharp.
My first impressions were how clean, stylish and modern it looked.
The swipe feature at the front is easy to master and a nice touch.
The hidden functions behind the door is also a nice touch and now after using the oven I can see why they hid them.
Simply this micro wave is flawed like so many others because their programs just don't work as well as they should.
i tried the defrost , weighed the meat, looked at the cook time and knew straight away this would cook the meat and sure enough that is what happened.
Next I tried cooking rice in the special menu section, and once again the times were way too long and the rice .
came our like a piece of rubber, the rice also boiled over into the microwave once again showing that the presets are wrong.
If you want to cook rice do it by trial and error using the manual cook or just buy yourself a cheap rice cooker it will do a better job.
I can recommend the use of a microwave, any microwave that I have ever owned for one thing,and that is to reheat food the rest is just for show.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Simple, elegant, reliable

The product looks beautiful, functions are easy to use, food is cooked evenly every time. Interior is easy to clean, the 42L model is the perfect size where as the 23L is a little small in my opinion. This microwave does its job well, purchased from Good Guys, would have loved this in stainless steel black but was not available at the time.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Great!

It’s been a pretty good microwave. Heats and defrosts as it should. The inner plate is a bit wobbly and the start button can be a bit touchy sometimes - you have to really make sure you finger is over it properly. But it’s a stylish design and in terms of its heating I have been impressed.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Decent microwave for the size

Bought this around 8 months ago. We decided to get one without a turn table and boy did it make our lives easier. The cleaning process of this microwave is so easy, we just wipe the sides and flatbed.
This microwaves is also very strong and can heat up food very quickly. There is a cooling mode which automatically switches on when the microwave gets to hot after using it. However the noise is a bit loud.
The exterior design is sleek and minimalist. Buttons are easy to press and instructions are quite clear.
Overall very satisfied with this purchase!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Love it

Best microwave I have ever bought so easy to use I used a sensor cooking to cook potatoes and when it stopped they were perfect I love the little tune it plays when it is finished. very good price I can highly recommend this microwave easy to clean looks great too

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Very Pleased

Purchased an LG brand microwave as the other LG brand items in my home, work well.
My 15 year old Sharp microwave (sadly no longer with us) was an 800wt so I am still getting use to this new LG 1200wt oven. Things cook far quicker than the old one but finding it fairly easy to use.

Excellent quality - heats things FAST

Excellent quality - heats things FAST! Sometimes we have to reduce microwave time shorter than heating instructions because this microwave is so powerful. Also looks really nice and is easy to use. The one odd thing (could be viewed as good or bad) is that the time display does not stay on. After a period of time the display turns off and you have to hit a button to get it to turn on. This is only a downside for us because it's the only clock in the kitchen, but it's not a big deal and doesn't take away from the quality for us.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

A Stylish Microwave

We recently purchased this LG microwave in Black. It’s sleek and stylish front is black glass and looks great in our kitchen. Easy to use with the quick timer on the touch pad on the front. When you open the door there is another touch pad for a lot more options. Would recommend this product.1200w power.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Great microwave!

I’ve owned three microwaves and this is by far the best one I’ve ever owned. I love the sleek look; with no buttons but more of a touch pad. I also love how the main controls are in inside the unit door. Internally the microwave is super easy to clean; it appears to be a non stick, you just wipe it down. The microwave heats food evenly and quickly. The defrost function defrosts meat just right; with no dry cooked edges. Overall a great unit!

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Great microwave

I had been searching for a good microwave for quite some time. I was surprised at how cheap some of the ones on the market look and wanted something sleek that would blend in with my new kitchen. This was the perfect choice!

I really don't have anything negative to say about this microwave. I'd highly recommend it!

Date PurchasedSep 2017

PERFECT

Very minimalistic, yet functions smoothly and perfectly. Easy to use ! Someone who is looking for a fast and a microwave that does the job, definitely look into this NEOCHEF! 9/10. Needs some improvement, but nothing is perfect ... It warms and cooks everything to perfection and opens and closes very easily

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Does this have a steam function?
don't think sojust checked no it doesn't sorry

Hi All, We had a National that died and resurrected our old Sharp and were reminded why we changed. The Sharp has a very annoying 'feature' that keeps beeping at you if you don't respond (open door, turn product etc) within one minute. They still advertise it as a feature. No, it's just plain annoying and let me turn the feature OFF. My question is: Does the LG beep just when the heating time has finished or does it continue to remind you because apparently we're thick? There's nothing in the manual about end time. Thanks in advance for your help. Cheers Ken
It reminds you with a tune so if you find a beep annoying the tune will drive you crazy

Choice says one of the bad points of this microwave is that it has 'Only OK visibility through door'. Is anyone finding the visibility through the door an issue ?
You can't see through the door at all. But why did you need to see through the door? Im sure you remember what you put in there, by seeing through the door, i dont think you can judge how hot is the food. Dont be lazy, just open the door and check.Jo_L.. We recently purchased one and find that having the settings hidden behind the door is just a pain and downright stupid. Even the controls on the outside of the door are difficult to see if the room is not well lit. I am a big fan of LG products but seriously regret buying this microwave.

NeoChef MS4296OMBS (Matte Black)NeoChef MS4296OWS (White)NeoChef MS4296OSS (Stainless Steel)NeoChef MS4296OBS (Black)NeoChef MS4296OBSS (Black Stainless Steel)
Capacity4242424242