LG OLED55B8STB (55")

See the Best 4K Ultra HD TVs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Just looks amazing

This TV is a massive upgrade from an older HD LCD. The OLED screen looks incredible, with completely black blacks and rich, crisp images. It even looks like an upgrade when viewing non-hidef video - I don't know how, but it does. It is much thinner and lighter than my old 40" tv as well.

Purchased in June 2018 at The Good Guys.

Performance
Picture Quality
Software

Hard Wired Smart Tv Freezes While Watching Sbs On-demand Film/program Series.

1 – Download of SBS on Demand suites of TV series & Movies is slow.
2 – Streaming freezes every minute for 1-2 seconds before it resumes.
3 – Movies or Series quite often rewinds back at least 30% immediately after an Add then play on from that point forward or stops altogether.
4 -I can stream faster on my Samsung tablet or even my Samsung J1 phone without any of the above. It seems to me this is DEFINITELY a TV Issue!

Purchased in April 2019 at Harvey Norman for $2,295.00.

Lasted only 6 weeks

6 weeks after purchasing this TV it stopped working. It won’t turn on. I contacted The LG off shore call centre and was told they would book in a repair. I rang the next day after not hearing from the repairer and was given a number to call. In calling the DR Group I was told I would have to wait 3-4 business days for the part to be delivered and then they will organize a technician to do the repair. NOT GOOD ENOUGH. I rang JB HIFI but they couldn’t do anything. I want a replacement but cannot have one because the problem is “repairable “ the problem is I have a 6 week old TV which I gave paid a considerable amount for that won’t be repaired for 2 weeks!!!
I am not impressed. The part should have been sent overnight delivery. I will never purchase an LG product again!! Rubbish! Yes

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi.

Performance