LG OLED65B8STB (65")

See the Best 4K Ultra HD TVs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

LG OLED 65B8S - Seriously - WOW !!

With good EOFY deals I jumped onto this new OLED technology and picture quality is seriously WOW!!. Sound quality is also very good if your setup is standalone but I have used the optical output to a midi sound system for the added subwoofer bass. The initial install and remote control features are the easiest of any TV I have owned. There are a range of advanced picture options available in the menu to suit your viewing style. The responsiveness in changing channels or input sources is best in class. 4K content on this TV shows every minute detail with superb vibrant colour. Overall totally satisfied with this purchase and well worth the $2750 price for the 65” size. Highly recommended.

Purchased in July 2019 at Domayne NSW for $2,750.00.

Sound Quality

Amazing TV but LG wall mount not available in Australia ...

The is by far the best TV I have had. The WebOS is soooo much better and less intrusive than other leading models. The picture quality is sensational and the unit is easy to configure and operate. My only frustration is that the LG wall mount unit is not sold in Australia. The LG unit allows a very flush mount. This was not mentioned at the time of purchase.

Purchased in May 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $3,000.00.

Love My New TV

I had a Pioneer Kuro, which was the best tv ever, and I was happy with it for ten years. That was until LG released their OLED TVs and then I started wondering about what I was missing out on. The Kuro and its technology in the old Panasonic Plasmas have been the only TVs in around the last 8(?) years to have rich blacks, but this OLED TV has rich deep blacks that are gorgeous on a 65inch television in high def quality. So I bought one (on sale too - bargain). And now I can say, once you’ve gone this black there’s no going back.

I now have an LG65B8 and I love it. I’ve had it for ten weeks and so far so good. No problems, just perfect 4K picture with fast loading apps such as Netflix, SBS, ABC, and YouTube. The controller is easy to use and the settings are intuitive to navigate. The TV looks great and guests spend more time marvelling at its thinness compared to the beautiful picture quality. It has a USB port on the side so it’s easy enough to plug in a memory stick. The inbuilt speakers are fine - I’d rather the sound have more depth, which is/was an option on another version of this tv, but this was the one on sale and the one with better speakers cost more money. I have a sound bar to use but in all honesty, I haven’t connected it yet as I’m happy enough with the sound quality. And I don’t want anything distracting me from the picture - I guess I’m still in the honeymoon period. I have another LG TV in the house, an LCD one, and this new OLED has way better sound in comparison. The only other drawback is screen burn in. Coming from a plasma, I am already conditioned to not leaving the same picture on the screen for extended periods of time, so I’m not too worried. There is a video on YouTube of testing for screen burn in on the LG OLED and the results are bad if you’re likely to have the one image on your screen all day every day for a year. But who watches TV like that? The example the test showed was a programme like the Today Show, that has that bar going across the bottom and a person in the centre of the screen. Imagine that on all day every day for a year; it would leave screen burn in. But that’s not how I watch TV or use the TV. If you’re thinking now of video games that may have the same static image during the course of the game, one that you might play for weeks or months, the TV has a game mode which takes a second to switch on that optimises the screen for video games. Apparently there’s no burn in from normal use. Based on my ten weeks of watching and playing Switch and PS4 games on this TV, there’s no burn in whatsoever. Just an awesome picture. Games and 4K movies and TV shows look so good. I just wish there was more 4K content on Netflix to enjoy.

Purchased in March 2019 at eBay for $2,900.00.

Lifes Good

Can't stress enough how good this tv is. The picture quality is incredible, the remote is fantastic, the apps are easy to use. It doesn't get overly hot. It was also fairly easy to set up - though you will need two people. I've been using this tv for 6 months now and it makes life so much easier with netflix, youtube, stan etc. I have also watched a few of my blu-rays and they look crystal clear. The build quality is great too. Very happy with my purchase.

Purchased in December 2018 at The Good Guys for $2,995.00.

Best TV I have ever had

Installation was simplistic. The ability to jump straight into netflix from one button on the remote is great. Image quality is superb. Reach of remote is fantastic. Ease of use of software. Software is very intuitive. What I like the best about this tv is the image clarify and quality. It's 4K brings the screen to life. I highly recommend this tv.

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $2,995.00.

Sound Quality

OK,,,,, but not too impressed

My husband wanted this TV so we bought it early Jan. It's not bad but we don't quite understand the harshness of Red colour. We have adjusted few times but somehow only Red and White appear to be so harsh that we feel like we need to wear sunnies. Other functions such as connecting to Wifi, watching YouTube on TV etc are great as a smart TV. If you are happy with the plasma perhaps wait for a while before you spend $4000 to buy a smart TV... that's my view.

Purchased in January 2019 for $3,900.00.

bloody brilliant

cant complain about this TV, it is crystal clear and the colour is bloody amazing, very easy to use and i love the magic remote. sound is very good but we ended up buying a sound bar which makes it truly fantastic, very low power consumption. love my tv, the best

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Great looking TV

Had this TV for about a month. Great picture and viewing angles. You really can't beat a decent brand of OLED for picture quality. The smart features are really snappy. On DTV, the channel change speed is almost instantaneous, so quick! Never skips a beat on WiFi. Received an update soon after so hopefully support remains good in that respect. An added bonus is that it integrates in cute ways with my LG mobile.

Date PurchasedDec 2018