LG Roboking Turbo + HomeView VR66803VMNP

See the Best Robot Vacuum Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Gets stuck on everything

Like a drunken sailor, runs into everything, with such force and persistence, I am surprised it's still functioning, until finally, it gets stuck - carpets, under railings, between cupboards. It's simply not able to make it's way around the room without assistance. And when it's time to recharge, it can't get back onto it's charging station. It's a joke.

Purchased in May 2018 for $1,000.00.

Noise Level
Ease of Programming / Scheduling
Battery Life
Product is used: Daily
Pet OwnerYes
Floor Type Carpet and Wood
System Errors Every time

LOVE it!

This is my third robot vacuum... I was a little hesitant to pay so much for the LG Roboking + Homeguard but it was well worth it and a month of use:
- Smartest robot vacuum I've ever owned. The first few times I used it it got a little lost (as most robot vacuums do), but with time it seems to map out my apartment and can now find it's way around really easily. Even if it does get stuck, you can pick it up and move it a little and it (usually) knows exactly where it left off. This is a major improvement over my old robot vac.
- I can set a start and end time for when it vacuums, so I leave the house in the morning and Roboking is asleep and by the time I get home the apartment is vacuumed each day and Roboking has gone back to sleep.
- It is adorable... when the batteries run low, Roboking tells you it needs to recharge and makes a run for its charging base for a little nap. When it's charged again, it resumes cleaning.
- The Homeguard feature seemed like overkill initially but is actually really useful and fun... when you aren't home you can drive Roboking around with your smartphone via your home wifi connection and get a live video feed from it's camera to see what's happening in your house. For example, if you are at work and worried you left the door open or stove on, you can fire up the app on your your smartphone, drive the Roboking like a remote controlled car to your kitchen and point the camera at your stove or front door to check. It also monitors your house and detects movement. It and will send you photos to your smartphone if it detects movement (although the photos I get are mostly my cat cleaning itself).
- There's just so many cute, small things like being able to set a man's voice or a woman's voice as the voice Roboking uses to communicate with you that make it so cool. It all seems a bit overkill until you use it, and then it's cool.

The only drawback is the price - it's really expensive (I was lucky enough to get a gift voucher which eased the pain a little).

Date PurchasedJul 2016