LG SH4

LG SH4

MPN: SH4

4.1

An egregious flaw

It's simple. I have an LG Oled TV and I got the SJ4 as I thought it would be easier to set up. It is.
    But here's the annoying thing. The soundbar switches off after 15 minutes if there is no signal (like TV paused). Then you have to go through 4 menus to activate it. LG claim this is a feature. Not really. Very annoying and you can't change this.
    I find the sub woofer OK but you really need a few surround speakers. No thanks.
    All in all a bit ordinary, certainly not 100% improvement on TV speakers.

Purchased in February 2019 at Bing Lee for A$430.00.

Chris F

Chris F

Good for price but don’t expect chest thumbing sound

This sound bar is nice when matched up to your LG tv. It’s price is good, it’s design is slick and compact and it’s easy (basic) to use.

But be warned, it’s not that ground shaking quality if that’s what your after. The soundbar itself is small as in the speakers and sub are on the lower end of bass depth and speaker quality. The controls are basic and the options are limited in controlling the equaliser and bass.

For plug and play all arounder it’s up there but if your after chest thumping sound when playing your favourite game or movie you might want to spend a bit more money for a higher end soundbar.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
    La Rok

La RokMelbourne

Very happy, I'm so impressed with the sound

Date PurchasedSep 2017
    Soundbars

Find out how LG SH4 compares to other Soundbars

joyccc

joycccForster, New South Wales

Awesome

Hi this LG sound bar was a Xmas present for my husband and I .the sound and quality are surperb you have the same experience as if you were sitting in a picture theatre gives you goosebumps husband loves it that much the house vibrates he has it that loud it's an awesome addition to our media set up would highly recommend it hubby wants a bigger tv now to match the big sound

Date PurchasedDec 2016

shirlBli Bli

the best sound ever

LG sound bar has made a big difference to watching tv. The sound that come out is like being at the movies. we are both getting older and hard at hearing and it makes our life more pleasure. I did not think the sound would be great not good great.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
    alstonville2477

alstonville2477

Very happy but instructions could be better

Date PurchasedDec 2016
    merccrap

merccrapGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

• SH4

Very happy.

This is a compact unit that, in my opinion, is a major upgrade to my TV speakers. It was simple to setup and works just as described. Audio quality is highly subjective, everyone is different, but for me this unit has improved my TV enjoyment a lot. I am happy to endorse this product.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
    ray__

ray__Qld, 4054

• SH4

Disappointing - no better than the TV I bought it for

It was easy to set up the SH4 soundbar which is a very good thing as I am very disappointed with the performance and it would have added insult to injury if I had been forced to put much effort into installation.
    I do have a small bedroom TV set that has 'just OK' sound and this soundbar might improve that situation BUT I will be adding a $300.00(ish) soundbar to an old $150.00(ish) TV and still stuck with what I consider to be slightly ordinary sound from my main TV set.

Date PurchasedNov 2016