LG SH4

LG SH4

MPN: SH4

See the Best Soundbars in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

An egregious flaw

It's simple. I have an LG Oled TV and I got the SJ4 as I thought it would be easier to set up. It is.
But here's the annoying thing. The soundbar switches off after 15 minutes if there is no signal (like TV paused). Then you have to go through 4 menus to activate it. LG claim this is a feature. Not really. Very annoying and you can't change this.
I find the sub woofer OK but you really need a few surround speakers. No thanks.
All in all a bit ordinary, certainly not 100% improvement on TV speakers.

Purchased in February 2019 at Bing Lee for $430.00.

Good for price but don’t expect chest thumbing sound

This sound bar is nice when matched up to your LG tv. It’s price is good, it’s design is slick and compact and it’s easy (basic) to use.

But be warned, it’s not that ground shaking quality if that’s what your after. The soundbar itself is small as in the speakers and sub are on the lower end of bass depth and speaker quality. The controls are basic and the options are limited in controlling the equaliser and bass.

For plug and play all arounder it’s up there but if your after chest thumping sound when playing your favourite game or movie you might want to spend a bit more money for a higher end soundbar.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Very happy, I'm so impressed with the sound

I am seriously confused by the review on here stating the sound was no improvement to TV speakers, that review nearly put me off. I'm so glad I disregarded it. My only thought is they musn't have connected it correctly, but it is so easy to setup I don't know how!

I went in to the Goods Guys intending to buy a Samsung but opted for this once I heard the comparison. Bought for $345. I had a good listen to all of the display soundbars in the $200 to $400 price range and this had the best sound for the money by far.

The cinema mode sounds great for movies and box sets. The bass provided by the subwoofer is full and warm but does not overpower the whole sound, still great clarity.

Connecting your phone by bluetooth is very simple. I tested it out by playing some Hip Hop and some Drum and Bass. With Hip Hop the kicks sound fat but keep the clarity in vocals and with Drum and Bass I was really happy to hear the subs coming through nicely but keeping the high hat sounds crisp.

So good for the entry level price, get one!

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Awesome

Hi this LG sound bar was a Xmas present for my husband and I .the sound and quality are surperb you have the same experience as if you were sitting in a picture theatre gives you goosebumps husband loves it that much the house vibrates he has it that loud it's an awesome addition to our media set up would highly recommend it hubby wants a bigger tv now to match the big sound

Date PurchasedDec 2016

the best sound ever

LG sound bar has made a big difference to watching tv. The sound that come out is like being at the movies. we are both getting older and hard at hearing and it makes our life more pleasure. I did not think the sound would be great not good great.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
our new LG sound bar is a 5 out of 5. Just like being at the movies. Our new kitchen that was put in last November has changed my life, everything is at my finger tips the guys that put the kitchen in were very good. 10 out of 10 for the kitchen. Moroochydore staff are great.

Very happy but instructions could be better

As someone who is 50+ and not at all tech-savvy, I was concerned when the salesman said that anyone could install the soundbar with no problem. Thankfully he was right. There are only 2 cables to connect and the manual explained it clearly.
It has a nice slim line design and sits under the TV very unobtrusively. Unless the remote is being used there are no lights on the unit to distract the eye from the TV so you forget its even there.
It has enough sound settings to be useful, but not so many as to be gimmicky and confusing. My one criticism is that I had to work out what the different buttons on the remote did to the sound because the manual gives no instruction on what the different buttons do.
All in all I'm very happy with this unit and would recommend it.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Very happy.

This is a compact unit that, in my opinion, is a major upgrade to my TV speakers. It was simple to setup and works just as described. Audio quality is highly subjective, everyone is different, but for me this unit has improved my TV enjoyment a lot. I am happy to endorse this product.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Disappointing - no better than the TV I bought it for

It was easy to set up the SH4 soundbar which is a very good thing as I am very disappointed with the performance and it would have added insult to injury if I had been forced to put much effort into installation.
I do have a small bedroom TV set that has 'just OK' sound and this soundbar might improve that situation BUT I will be adding a $300.00(ish) soundbar to an old $150.00(ish) TV and still stuck with what I consider to be slightly ordinary sound from my main TV set.

Date PurchasedNov 2016