LG SJ8

LG SJ8

MPN: SJ8

See the Best Soundbars in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Perfect companion to LG TV

Purchased with LG65C7T OLED TV. Plenty of input options and works seamlessly with the TV. Easy WIFI or bluetooth connection to phone, tablets and PC. Great to listen to music with.
Very slim unit, but still it delivers great sound. Subwoofer connects wirelessly and automatically.
Married with this TV it provides a great experience and I can fully recommend this. A little pricey (RRP), but I got it on sale for half price, so very happy indeed.
Only loses a small mark from me for the maximum volume level, would like a little louder. Still, 5 stars from me.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Sleek, stylish and full rich sound

We needed a soundbar to enhance our temporary TV's poor sound, and listened to several demonstrations in store, from the very basic to the super expensive. We teetered between a slightly more expensive Samsung and the LG SJ8, but came back to the LG as we genuinely preferred the sound quality. It suited our ears perfectly, with great quality, richness and clarity of sound at an intermediate price that suited our wallets too. It was very easy to set up, and the subwoofer "bluetoothed" itself immediately (satisfying for technophobes like us!)
The maximum volume seemed as if it may be an issue at first, but we soon found that music played brilliantly over both the new TV (not an LG, by the way, but it seems to make no difference to the great sound) and via HDMI cable. We have a very large lounge and the volume is more than enough to get carried away dancing for a party.
It functions seamlessly, switches off with the TV, and produces an excellent, clear, and perfectly balanced sound.
It is pleasing to look at too, with a very stylish design.
I highly recommend this soundbar for everyone who prefers their loud pumping music to have discernible lyrics rather than be merely eardrum-bursting incoherent noise.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Good sound for 4m by 5 m sound

I looked at the options of buying a Bose soundbar or an LG SJ8. I was very much attracted towards Bose until I read some terrible reviews about its compatibility issues with LG TVs. So, decided to go the LG Soundbar. So far very impressed with the sound quality. As I have an LG TV, the soundbar synch with tTV works perfectly

Date PurchasedJun 2017

All the features but only 300w

$900. LG Soundbar SJ8. Great quality bar and sub with WiFi and Bluetooth but overall maximum sound volume not enough. Set up with a new model 70 inch LG TV in a 6mx6m room, only pumping 300 watts will leave you disappointed and wanting more. Tried it with usb movies, Netflix movies, TV and bluetooth music from phone. It seems better sound and clarity from Bluetoothing music.

Date PurchasedApr 2017