LG SJ850T

• Picture Quality
pea

pea

Great Sound but Unfortunately Did Not Last Long

Purchased in May 2017 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics for A$3,500.00.

Performance
Sound Quality
Software
Picture Quality

spangels

spangelsSydney Surrounds, NSW

Best TV I've Ever Owned

This is the best television I've ever owned, I wanted a high-quality TV for my Cinema room and this LG 65 inch UHD television has not disappointed me, from the instant quick start, high-quality build and wonderful picture quality I can recommend this TV for anyone who values a great quality TV.

Bhdjd

BhdjdBankstown

Disgusting

Date PurchasedJul 2017
4K Ultra HD TVs

Find out how LG SJ850T compares to other 4K Ultra HD TVs

Ericc

EriccMildura

Could be a great TV but...

The picture quality is good most of the time and the LG webos is quick. The magic remote is the best I've used.

But... TV suffers from the worse vertical banding I've SEEN. On any panning shot you can see grey lines all the way across the screen. I can't watch sports at all on this TV.

LG service is terrible and as long as the test picture looks OK, they don't want to know about it. I think they forget that TV has moving pictures.

Matt

MattSouth East Queensland, QLD

A great TV with Great Features

I spent so long looking into what TV was going to be right for me. My main requirements were: solid brand with good support, great OS interface and ideal for watching sports. This TV checked all the boxes. The clarity is insane. The first 4k video we watched was Planet Earth II. The picture was so clear that the cat freaked out!
My favourite part is probably the one thing I was dreading - the magic remote! It make the WebOS interface so much easier to use than rival TVs. LG all the way for me!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
dbau

dbau

Excellent 4k TV

Bought this TV as an upgrade for the living room (which previously had a 1080p panel). From the immediate user friendly setup, the experience has been superb. Picture quality is amazing (though obviously not an OLED) and the design of the unit itself is great. The Magic Remote puts other TV controls to shame and webOS has a plethora of apps. Only downside is the unit is region locked to the APAC region, meaning if you ever move to EMEA or the Americas you will have to "hack" the service menu in order to use it there.

Bandy

Life's good

Mike M.

Mike M.asked

60SJ850T (60")

Have bought second hand and I'm just wondering how old this TV might be?

C Doug

C Dougasked

65SJ850T (65")

TV unit is only 18 months old, picture is often black however the sound still works. We have to turn it on and off to rectify and it eventually works. Not good for the price. Would not recommend buying this model.

Mick B

Mick Basked

60SJ850T (60")

My TV has encountered a yellow/green vertical line near centre of screen, line omitting at various times. Nearing 16 months old lucky for extended warranty, has anybody experienced similar issue?

moongoddess
moongoddess

Yes I have Mick, exactly the same problem. My panel has been replaced twice already since purchase in 2017 and its now going again. LG couldn't give a rats and dont return phone calls when they say they will after going through their "Service" process again and again. It's not worth the ongoing insanity. I heard from a Harvey Norman employee this is a lemon model. I hope you got your problem sorted. Very disappointing, considering this was a high priced model and my other two Tvs are LG and over 10 years old each no problem.

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives

Compare all 3 LG SJ850T

Category4K Ultra HD TVs4K Ultra HD TVs4K Ultra HD TVs
Price (RRP) A$4,799.00A$3,799.00A$3,199.00
Screen Size 65"60"55"
Screen TypeLED/LCDLED/LCDLED/LCD
Type of TVHDR Compatible and Smart TVHDR Compatible and Smart TVHDR Compatible and Smart TV
Energy Rating5 star(s)5 star(s)5 star(s)
Wireless OptionsBluetooth and Wi-FiBluetooth and Wi-FiBluetooth and Wi-Fi
Refresh Rate 100/120Hz100/120Hz100/120Hz
Number of HDMI Ports444
Number of USB Ports111
Wall MountableYesYesYes
Weight27 kg22.1 kg18.1 kg
Operating SystemWebOSWebOSWebOS
Dimensions (without stand) 833 x 1452 x 59 mm769 x 1338 x 59 mm708 x 1229 x 58 mm
Dimensions (with stand) 891 x 1452 x 312 mm827 x 1338 x 312 mm765 x 1229 x 247 mm
Manufacturer Warranty1 year(s)1 year(s)1 year(s)
Compare all 3 LG SJ850T