LG SK80 Series

LG SK80 Series Questions & Answers

55SK8000PTA (55"), 75SK8000PTA (75"), 65SK8000PTA (65")

2 questions from our users

Michelle Excell

Michelle Excellasked

SK80 Series

Hi we have this tv and it will not stay connected to the internet!!! I have tried everything!! And looking at your reviews everyone seems to be having the same problem please help!!

chris

If you are using Bluetooth, then maybe you should run a cable between the modem and the tv. Otherwise cant help

Wayne M

no issue on tv connection mine is connected via cable to modem, so I do not need to use wifi. check firmware etc is updated and you have good signal strength if using wifi

Peter S.
Peter S.

I have the answer to wifi problems on the LG tv. My 55 “ LG was not picking up wifi or if it did was very weak and dropping out or freezing. Also my smart remote was unresponsive at times
I got this from the LG community US and it works.
Unplug the power, remove the stand and remove the back off the TV. You will see the ribbon wires that go to the wifi module are taped with yellow tape and folded over. Cut this tape carefully and flatten out the folded wires as best you can, taking out the crease in the wires. Fit the cover back on and your wifi should work again. This worked for me and apparently many others.

Trevor Blaylock

Trevor Blaylockasked

55SK8000PTA (55")

what size processor

No idea

Wayne M

55, 65 and 75" all include the alpha 7 processor, running at 200 MHz, if this is what you mean by size.

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives