LG SK80 Series
See the Best 4K Ultra HD TVs in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by LG
4K TV Buying Guide

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Wayne MHunter Region, NSW

Wow what a difference

Easy set up, easy remote and a fantastic screen.. Netflix and Apple TV are so clear, excellent power consumption. Net integration is simple and it has all the features I wanted. The connection is simple and navigation is easy, update to the OS was very quick and channel setup was painless.
Very happy with the purchase.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Lauri
LauriSouth East Queensland, QLD

Black is not black

Really disappointed in this TV. On a dark screen there are several patches of white light regardless of what setting it is on. When the picture is colourful it is spectacular. For a home movie theatre I wouldn't recommend this tv as you aren't getting what you paid for. Sadly LG keep giving me the runaround and all their suggestions don't fix this problem.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

LG
LG A.LG
bcc
bccAU

Great picture quality for the price

Having bought a 65" OLED from LG earlier in the year, we needed a slightly smaller 55" TV & we were so impressed by the LG OLED that we bought this LG LED TV. Now we're wondering why we bought the OLED since this TV picture quality is so close the OLED in our bright rooms! Sound is decent for the room size but won't win any awards. Operating system & remote are easy to use & we prefer them to Android-based ones.

4K Ultra HD TVs

Find out how LG SK80 Series compares to other 4K Ultra HD TVs

Greg E.asked
55SK8000PTA (55")

My tv has started to randomly turn off and restart sometimes many times but other times works fine any suggestions.

chris

Check your warranty,take it back

2 years old so out of warranty

MiE
MiEasked
SK80 Series

Hi we have this tv and it will not stay connected to the internet!!! I have tried everything!! And looking at your reviews everyone seems to be having the same problem please help!!

chris

If you are using Bluetooth, then maybe you should run a cable between the modem and the tv. Otherwise cant help

Wayne M

no issue on tv connection mine is connected via cable to modem, so I do not need to use wifi. check firmware etc is updated and you have good signal strength if using wifi

Peter S.
Peter S.

I have the answer to wifi problems on the LG tv. My 55 “ LG was not picking up wifi or if it did was very weak and dropping out or freezing. Also my smart remote was unresponsive at times
I got this from the LG community US and it works.
Unplug the power, remove the stand and remove the back off the TV. You will see the ribbon wires that go to the wifi module are taped with yellow tape and folded over. Cut this tape carefully and flatten out the folded wires as best you can, taking out the crease in the wires. Fit the cover back on and your wifi should work again. This worked for me and apparently many others.

Trevor Blaylock
Trevor Blaylockasked
55SK8000PTA (55")

what size processor

No idea

Wayne M

55, 65 and 75" all include the alpha 7 processor, running at 200 MHz, if this is what you mean by size.

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives

LG SK80 Series

Category4K Ultra HD TVs4K Ultra HD TVs4K Ultra HD TVs
Price (RRP) $4,799.00$2,999.00$2,099.00
Screen Size 75"65"55"
Screen TypeLED/LCDLED/LCDLED/LCD
Type of TVHDR Compatible and Smart TVHDR Compatible and Smart TVHDR Compatible and Smart TV
Energy Rating5.5 star(s)5.5 star(s)5 star(s)
Wireless OptionsBluetooth and Wi-FiBluetooth and Wi-FiBluetooth and Wi-Fi
Number of HDMI Ports444
Number of USB Ports333
Wall MountableYesYesYes
Weight38.8 kg24.5 kg16.1 kg
Operating SystemWebOSWebOSWebOS
Dimensions (without stand) 973 x 1681 x 35.1 mm844 x 1456 x 37.2 mm721 x 1237 x 63.3 mm
Dimensions (with stand) 1044 x 1681 x 350.3 mm916 x 1456 x 318.5 mm794 x 1237 x 63.3 mm
Manufacturer Warranty1 year(s)1 year(s)1 year(s)
Compare all 3 LG SK80 Series