LG SM86 Series

• Picture Quality

Bundy

BundySouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Value

Now owned for 8 months and very happy.
Great value at the $1370 I paid, even at the higher price quoted here still good. I haven't ever owned an LG product before because of the disastrous crap the used to put out under the name of Goldstar, some two decades ago. Only after numerous people told me how good they were now, I dared look at this manufacturer again and I am glad I did.
This TV is not the best of the best but the quality of picture along with loads of functions and ease of use make it GREAT BUYING. Anybody wanting better has too much money this one does the job for me and HIGHLY RECOMMEND it.

Purchased in February 2020 at The Goodguys for A$1,369.00.

AWESOME TV

Hi i bought this tv and all i can say it is excellent. i am so satisfied an LOVE the quality of the picture.. this tv is SO feature packed its hard to mention something it does not have best you follow the link and do your own research.. i also couple this with an LG soundbar and it gives me the option to run optical to it. built in web browser network NAS drive recognition.. most/all files recognised.. OSD magic remote etc etc etc.. really there is nothing more one can expect to buy in a tv short of 8K?..this comes in 55/65/75" i have the 55" and i am never tired of looking at it i often say to myself I LOVE THIS TV !!! buy with confidence

Purchased in January 2019 for A$900.00.

Paul P.

Paul P.

Backlight Bleeds Everywhere

I will never buy any LG Australia product ever again. Terrible product, worst customer service. I have backlight bleeds on my TV, contacted them and said this is within tolerance and I just have to accept it. I guess they have very low quality control. I expected more from Tier 1 compny. 55SM8600PTA purchased July 24, 2019 for A$1270

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$1,270.00.

4K Ultra HD TVs

Find out how LG SM86 Series compares to other 4K Ultra HD TVs

Peter B.

Peter B.

Great display, great remote, very easy to use

Purchased in April 2020 at JB Hi-Fi.

dmcallis73

dmcallis73South East Queensland, QLD

Really enjoying it

Is well built and great to view. I was looking at cheaper option but glad went for this model. I am a first time LG TV buyer so still learning but the TV was was easy to set up and intuitive. Enjoying experience so far. Great size and picture quality is excellent am really glad went to this model v the cheaper alternative.

Purchased in April 2020 at The Good Guys.

Chris H

Power cord is too short so can’t even turn it on...

Purchased in March 2020 at The Good Guys for A$1,085.00.

alphacinator

alphacinatorGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent Quality

Purchased in January 2020 at The Good Guys.

MTG

Good colors but black bleeding is an issue

• +1

Purchased in July 2019.

MTG

Hi Alicia, I have emailed you directly. Looking forward to a resolution to my issue soon. Best MTG

Great tv for bright living room.

Happy with tv, bought for a bargain price of $1095 in the eBay 20% off sale. Bright picture, good content and webos very easy to use. I use it in a bright living room so picture is great. As it's an IPS panel at night time the blacks aren't super black but it's great for my needs. Limited apps in the lg app store for Australia. Missing Optus sports , kayo etc... Have used a Chromecast to get around this but would prefer more native apps. Sound is loud, rarely have the tv above 25 don't need a soundbar with this tv unless your want to fully utilise the Dolby Atmos features.

Netflix 4k and YouTube apps all work great. Even the standard fta channels are reasonable, the fta HD channels look great too.

Overall happy.

Purchased in August 2019 at Ebay- videopro for A$1,095.00.

4K Ultra HD TVs

Find out how LG SM86 Series compares to other 4K Ultra HD TVs

Such a big tv!!

The TV is so large and great! It has amazing sound and picture quality. Now having Netflix and Stan, it is so easy to watch. It was also very easy to mount on the wall.

Purchased in May 2018.

Cyn

CynSouthern and Hills, SA

Nice a friend has it.

Good price good quality picture and sound easy to control and not confusing.smart and handy nice size and nice weight also easy to carry and not too long..that it fits on a cupboard.

Purchased in March 2014 at Better electrical for A$395.00.

Bones

Bonesasked

75SM8600PTA (75")

Does it have 120hz refresh rate

simon

im pretty sure its either 200 or 400 but you might have to ring lg service tech department to be sure

Craig

Craigasked

75SM8600PTA (75")

Is there any way of getting Dolby Atmos from this TV onto Sounbar?
Just bought new TV today for my wife - early Mum's day gift. We were looking for a big TV and wanted to enhance with a Dolby Atmos compatible soundbar. I am about to fork out $1450 for a Samsung q90r soundbar but when I was checking the audio settings on the tv the menu indicated Atmos not for external speakers. I'll be disappointed if we can't get the full potential out of this TV. Seems like a reasonable TV picture but standard sound whilst being clear, lacks any punch.

Steve Casked

SM86 Series

I was thinking of buying the 75 inch Ultra HD TV but saw a very poor review where the buyer experienced poor blacks with white streaks , ghosting (?) which forded them to get a refund from JBHiFi. But other reviews seemed OK ?. So can you comment please. Thanks, Steve

Chris H

Similar issues with my 55” although it doesn’t bother as much as it’s in my sons room. I’d get the Samsung equivalent if purchasing again.

Steve C

Which Samsung model would you recommend ?. I’ve done so much on-line research given the amount of cash needs to pay out nowadays I’m becoming a tad confused !

MTG

I had an issue with LG SM86000 65 inch. After months of efforts, got a refund. Please have a look at my review for details.
If you do not mind the black bleeding, other colors are very good.
I bought a Samsung QLED Q80 65 inch. It works very well. None of the issues like the LG.

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives

Compare all 3 LG SM86 Series
Category4K Ultra HD TVs4K Ultra HD TVs4K Ultra HD TVs
Price (RRP) A$3,349.00A$2,399.00A$4,899.00
Screen Size 65"55"75"
Screen TypeLED/LCDLED/LCDLED/LCD
Type of TVSmart TVSmart TVSmart TV
Energy Rating5.5 star(s)5 star(s)5.5 star(s)
Wireless OptionsBluetooth and Wi-FiBluetooth and Wi-FiBluetooth and Wi-Fi
Refresh Rate 100/120Hz100/120Hz100/120Hz
Number of HDMI Ports444
Number of USB Ports333
Wall MountableYesYesYes
Weight24.1 kg17.2 kg38.8 kg
Operating SystemWebOSWebOSWebOS
Dimensions (without stand) 840 x 1451 x 64 mm716 x 1232 x 64 mm974 x 1683 x 65 mm
Dimensions (with stand) 910 x 1451 x 324 mm786 x 1232 x 263 mm1043 x 1683 x 370 mm
Manufacturer Warranty1 year(s)1 year(s)1 year(s)
Release dateApr 2019Apr 2019Apr 2019