LG SM86 Series

• Picture Quality

Renn
Renn

Such bad customer service

Purchased the TV in December 2020 TV then developed a white line up the centre and we were advised to have it repaired went without a TV for three weeks the part to repair the TV then arrived damaged so the repairer returned our TV and repaired then numerous phone calls and time talking to LG customer service who then gave me a store creditWhich now doesn’t Cover the replacement cost of the equivalent TV because I’ve been mucked around for so long and I’ve spoken to LG customer care and they don’t really care basically I have to fork out more money to get our equivalent TV

Purchased in December 2020.

LG
LG A.LG
Carolina
CarolinaPerth, WA

Don't buy

TV stopped working after 6 months. Had to call LG technical service, I've been without a TV for almost 3 weeks (waiting for parts to arrive).
I am very disappointed with the brand, when I purchased the TV I also bought a Fridge both LG and both failed in less than 6 months. The good guys don't take the faulty items back.

Purchased in April 2020 at The Good Guys for $1,466.00.

LG
LG A.LG
Other 4K Ultra HD TVs

Paul P.
Paul P.

Backlight Bleeds Everywhere

I will never buy any LG Australia product ever again. Terrible product, worst customer service. I have backlight bleeds on my TV, contacted them and said this is within tolerance and I just have to accept it. I guess they have very low quality control. I expected more from Tier 1 compny. 55SM8600PTA purchased July 24, 2019 for A$1270

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1,270.00.

4K Ultra HD TVs

Find out how LG SM86 Series compares to other 4K Ultra HD TVs

Chris H

Power cord is too short so can’t even turn it on...

Purchased in March 2020 at The Good Guys for $1,085.00.

Bones
Bonesasked
75SM8600PTA (75")

Does it have 120hz refresh rate

simon
simon

im pretty sure its either 200 or 400 but you might have to ring lg service tech department to be sure

MAJ
MAJ

The specs attached state~refresh rate 100/120Hz

Craig
Craigasked
75SM8600PTA (75")

Is there any way of getting Dolby Atmos from this TV onto Sounbar?
Just bought new TV today for my wife - early Mum's day gift. We were looking for a big TV and wanted to enhance with a Dolby Atmos compatible soundbar. I am about to fork out $1450 for a Samsung q90r soundbar but when I was checking the audio settings on the tv the menu indicated Atmos not for external speakers. I'll be disappointed if we can't get the full potential out of this TV. Seems like a reasonable TV picture but standard sound whilst being clear, lacks any punch.

Steve Casked
SM86 Series

I was thinking of buying the 75 inch Ultra HD TV but saw a very poor review where the buyer experienced poor blacks with white streaks , ghosting (?) which forded them to get a refund from JBHiFi. But other reviews seemed OK ?. So can you comment please. Thanks, Steve

Chris H

Similar issues with my 55” although it doesn’t bother as much as it’s in my sons room. I’d get the Samsung equivalent if purchasing again.

Steve C

Which Samsung model would you recommend ?. I’ve done so much on-line research given the amount of cash needs to pay out nowadays I’m becoming a tad confused !

MTG
MTG

I had an issue with LG SM86000 65 inch. After months of efforts, got a refund. Please have a look at my review for details.
If you do not mind the black bleeding, other colors are very good.
I bought a Samsung QLED Q80 65 inch. It works very well. None of the issues like the LG.

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives

LG SM86 Series

Price (RRP) $3,349.00$2,399.00$4,899.00
Screen Size 65"55"75"
Screen TypeLED/LCDLED/LCDLED/LCD
Type of TVSmart TVSmart TVSmart TV
Energy Rating5.5 star(s)5 star(s)5.5 star(s)
Wireless OptionsBluetooth and Wi-FiBluetooth and Wi-FiBluetooth and Wi-Fi
Refresh Rate 100/120Hz100/120Hz100/120Hz
Number of HDMI Ports444
Number of USB Ports333
Wall MountableYesYesYes
Weight24.1 kg17.2 kg38.8 kg
Operating SystemWebOSWebOSWebOS
Dimensions (without stand) 840 x 1451 x 64 mm716 x 1232 x 64 mm974 x 1683 x 65 mm
Dimensions (with stand) 910 x 1451 x 324 mm786 x 1232 x 263 mm1043 x 1683 x 370 mm
Manufacturer Warranty1 year(s)1 year(s)1 year(s)
Release dateApr 2019Apr 2019Apr 2019