MPNs: 36502460 and TD-C80NPW

See the Best Condenser Clothes Dryers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Large items wrap up into a damp ball

Large items like sheets or blankets wrap themselves into a ball and then don't dry properly. It is a major flaw with this machine (and the only flaw I can think of). Our previous Miele heat pump dryer did not have this problem, and we dry a LOT of sheets.

LG obviously know about the issue, and can't or won't solve the problem because the manual actually mentions you should pull out the sheets and un-ball them: "When drying a single bulky item, it may help to pause the cycle once or twice and rearrange the item to unwrap and expose any damp areas."

Yeah well my recommendation "When drying bulky items, it may help to have purchased a different product instead of this one".

To be fair, anything else dries very nicely. But if other vendors can make machines that can dry sheets properly, then this machine should have been able to as well.

Maybe there is some patent that LG don't want to pay for. But drying big items just DOES NOT WORK in this machine.

It’s Perfect

Does exactly what it says.....
Love the fact it has the flexibility of the built in water tray, and it’s location is perfect (where a laundry detergent draw would go on a washing machine) such a great idea, means you don’t have to bend down and lift a heavy water container like you have to on most with this feature.
Love that it’s sensor as that saves on the power bill also.
Overall happy customer here

Purchased in July 2019 at Bing Lee Online store.

Does Dry sheets

I have to say that I am extremely disappointed with this dryer.

You cannot dry sheets or large items like towels in it very well. After roughly 2 minutes they just turn into a ball and take for ever to dry.

I spoke with LG and they just advised me that it wasn't a design fault, I just had to remove the sheets periodically and put them back in the dry. It took 3 hours to dry a set of queen bed sheets, my old dryer would take 1 hour.

Very poor LG, expect better from from a company of your quality.

Do not buy this dryer if you need to dry a lot of sheets.

Purchased in June 2019 for $850.00.

Noise Level

I bought this dryer 7 months ago and I absolutely love it. Dries quickly and I didn't have any issues with sheets, like other people mentioned in other reviews. Quiet. Easy to use. No issues whatsoever. Very happy with my purchase. Totally recommend.

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys for $920.00.

Great dryer

Bought this dryer in April to replace the old vented one that we had. So far so good!

No wet walls (unlike with vented one), and the clothes dry perfectly. The machine seems to sense the moisture levels and adjusts its time accordingly so the clothes are never over dried. I do sort my clothes into groups before drying. I’m sure this helps in the drying process. The rack is great! I accidentally got my slippers wet. 20 minutes on the rack and they were dry again. The TAG function is convenient especially if you want a different additional programme. Once the clothes are dry you gets cheery little tune just to let you know. So far I am very pleased.

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys for $798.00.

Fast drying

Compared to a Bosch dryer which I used for the past three years, I am much more satisfied with this product. It does not over-dry your clothes. It is really fast in drying. You can really rely on the dryer’s different settings as it does what you want it to do. Really happy with this dryer.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Rubbish Rubbish Rubbish

LG have really covered the butts this time. It won't dry sheets and the manual states you must interrupt the cycle once or twice to unravel the sheet so they can dry. Also if you clothes don't dry properly, it states in the manual you must have the equivalent to 10 bath towel in each load. I have spoken to LG numerous occasions and they will not budge, it is a design fault and they will not accept any responsibility. "It says in the manual, that these things will happen"

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Ok for anything but sheets.

We purchased a condenser dryer as we were moving to New Zealand and humidity is a problem there. My big beef is drying sheets. They just roll up into a ball and don’t dry. I phoned LG to ask if there was some other setting to do sheets but they just said they couldn’t help. This is a design fault. They need a sheet option that rotates the drum slower and oscillates more frequently. I would never buy an LG dryer again.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Love it

We had a bad experience with our last dryer which was a whirlpool. So we switched brands and went with the LG. It has been fantastic and drys our clothes without the need to constantly check it and re do it. I like the sand shoe drier attachment which comes in handy for my soccer boots. Very quiet and the operating system seems easier to use.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Very good condenser dryer

Very good condenser dryer. Because it extracts the moisture and deposits it into an easily accessible tank at the top left of the dryer, there is no build up of condensation like a regular dryer. It is very large - we are able to fit a queen size doona into it with no issues. There are heaps of settings available for every type of clothing and it stops itself when the clothes are dry. Only reason why I am giving it four stars out of five is that there is always a small amount of water/condensation that forms on the floor at the front of the dryer as there is a vent near the floor. Ensure to install it in the corner of the laundry so that no one slips on it!!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Massive size, works a treat and no wet walls

Purchased from Betta Electrical the first one I picked up and uncovered the cardboard and it was damaged as if it had fallen from a height or hit with a forklift, my local Better Store did not carry this model in stock we had to re-order, anyway they happy reorder a second unit/replacement that was damage free, If you order this type of whitegoods online and get home delivery make sure you inspect the cardboard for signs of damage before signing.

My wife and I never use our clothesline we both work, have two girls who change clothes 10x a day and we are just slack, our little Samsung 3.5kg broke down after 10 years and we wanted the bigger dryer to match our 7kg machine, wife always overloaded the little 3.5kg (this bugged me) and generally had to do the load cycles twice to dry everything thoroughly - this overcooked the towels and chewed up the energy bill, so the LG is a blessing its big and pleasing to look at, it automatically lights up on the inside like your fridge so you can see everything.

This dryer has heaps of settings but we generally just select "Multi mode" and hit go, this estimates 48 mins to dry but can fluctuate up or down during the cycle as it automatically senses for desired dryness.

The lint/dust filter is in a great place, its very easy to access and feels like decent quality, this is the first condenser dryer we have purchased and was unsure of how well they work, but its great we do empty the water out every 2nd load and its kinda fun - (it comes with the plumbing hoses that just hook into your laundry sink if you don't want to do this manually)

If I put large a cotton towel mixed with light clothes it will continue to dry until towel is done even though other items dried much sooner.

Just be aware condenser dryers intentionally leave items 'faintly damp' by design this helps preserve the quality and keep life in your garments and towels, it makes folde\ing easier without ironing with fewer creases, none ever stay damp for long or get that yuk mouldy odour.

You may notice some clothes still feel slightly damp to touch, but if you simply fluff it in the air it magically dries in seconds, with the exception of Bamboo socks they just cant dry.

Took my wife a little time to adjust be shes happy now, no more stiff towels and jeans that she overcooked in the dryer.

Nice musical tune when done, also come with Shoe rack - not that I would use it.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Never had any issues

Most of my appliances are LG, I cant say I could every fault them always been pretty happy with their products just like the condenser dryer I purchased a few days ago. Dries well, is pretty quiet and doesn't crinkle my clothes like my old vented dryer use to. Happy so far

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Stay away

Clothes don't dry
sheets ball up and don't dry have to open the dryer to untangle them at least 4 times in the cycle
It takes to long to dry clothes and they are still damped
Used delicate shrank my clothes
I purchased LG thinking they were are good brand
the sales person who sold me this should have better product knowledge. not just commission
I work to hard for my money

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Pretty bad dryer

This dryer is crap. I bought it a while ago and it does not even dry the clothes properly. The other thing is this is not a cheap dryer, I paid nearly $1000 for it. A crappy $400 regular dryer would do a better job than this. I would strongly advise to stay away from this dryer.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Expensive piece of junk

Door opens on the opposite side of the same brand washer - makes it very difficult to load without hitting your head.

Doesnt sense dryness. Has fixed time cycles that cant be easily changed, if at all. I have an Electrolux dryer that is much easier to use (doesnt have 14 drying cycles) and shuts off when the clothes are dry instead of running on for 90 minutes after clothes are dry. Huge waste of energy. Paid over $900 for it. The Electrolux was significantly cheaper and delivers a better result. Wont buy LG again

Date PurchasedJun 2017