LG TD-C80NPW

LG TD-C80NPW

MPNs: 36502460 and TD-C80NPW

Clothes Dryers Buying Guide

A reliable tumble dryer can give you clean, dry clothes - and fast. Whether you decide on a heat pump, condenser or vented dryer, a washer dryer combo, or no dryer at all, this guide can help.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

2.7

Alex S

Alex S

Absolutely useless waste of money!

What a useless machine! Where do I start... Everything you put into it ends up rolled into a ball with the outside crisp and the inside soaking wet!

The displayed time till dry is NEVER accurate and the dryer finishes constantly with the clothes still wet.

The energy consumption is through the roof! Should have been more cared about buying a machine with only a 2 star energy rating.

It just seems like LG didn’t even bother product testing this one. Absolute hunk of junk! Wouldn’t even give it 1 star if I had the choice.

Purchased in March 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Elvis_80

Elvis_80Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

An Expensive Paper Weight!

The machine never turns off! If you don't switch it off it will continue running. NFC Tag on feature doesn’t work. Customer Service team are no better who couldn’t organise a shower in a rainstorm! My family have been without a dryer for a month now. Lg have sent out numerous repairmen who consistently fail to repair this paper weight! Which has now leaked water all over the Laundry Floor. I demand to be reimbursed for the dryer and the extended warranty that I paid for. I have given you ample amount of opportunities to repair the dryer and now I am done. “Word of Warning” Do Not even think about sending another person to my home again unless it’s to collect the piece of junk and take it to the tip.

Purchased at The Good Guys for $1,100.00.

Terry

TerrySydney, NSW

Lg condenser dryer

Agreed with the other lady, worst dryer,does not dry clothes or bed sheets properly,wish I never bought, same as the lg washing machine, too,nearly 3000 for both, wish I never bought

Condenser Clothes Dryers

Find out how LG TD-C80NPW compares to other Condenser Clothes Dryers

Worst dryer ever owned

This dryer cost over $1000 at Coogans 5 months ago. Condensor function is great, no damp walls anymore. But that is where it stops. We downloaded the super dry cycle because the dryer was leaving the laundry damp. This sort of worked, but meant we had to run a load of laundry for 2:05 hours... not really economical. We have strictly maintained the dryer as per the manual, cleaning filter & emptying tank after each cycle & cleaning condensor 3 monthly. In the last 3 months, it stops spinning when it heats up (after about 20mins) & makes an awful noise. I have to stop the machine, wait til it cools, then restart the cycle again. Product does not work.

Purchased in August 2019 at Coogans for $1,080.00.

LG A.LG

Large items wrap up into a damp ball

Ben

BenCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Does Dry sheets

I have to say that I am extremely disappointed with this dryer.

You cannot dry sheets or large items like towels in it very well. After roughly 2 minutes they just turn into a ball and take for ever to dry.

I spoke with LG and they just advised me that it wasn't a design fault, I just had to remove the sheets periodically and put them back in the dry. It took 3 hours to dry a set of queen bed sheets, my old dryer would take 1 hour.

Very poor LG, expect better from from a company of your quality.

Do not buy this dryer if you need to dry a lot of sheets.

Purchased in June 2019 for $850.00.

Tania

Tania

Rubbish Rubbish Rubbish

LG have really covered the butts this time. It won't dry sheets and the manual states you must interrupt the cycle once or twice to unravel the sheet so they can dry. Also if you clothes don't dry properly, it states in the manual you must have the equivalent to 10 bath towel in each load. I have spoken to LG numerous occasions and they will not budge, it is a design fault and they will not accept any responsibility. "It says in the manual, that these things will happen"

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Imma W

Imma WAU

Stay away

Clothes don't dry
sheets ball up and don't dry have to open the dryer to untangle them at least 4 times in the cycle
It takes to long to dry clothes and they are still damped
Used delicate shrank my clothes
I purchased LG thinking they were are good brand
the sales person who sold me this should have better product knowledge. not just commission
I work to hard for my money

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
admin

adminSydney

Expensive piece of junk

Door opens on the opposite side of the same brand washer - makes it very difficult to load without hitting your head.

Doesnt sense dryness. Has fixed time cycles that cant be easily changed, if at all. I have an Electrolux dryer that is much easier to use (doesnt have 14 drying cycles) and shuts off when the clothes are dry instead of running on for 90 minutes after clothes are dry. Huge waste of energy. Paid over $900 for it. The Electrolux was significantly cheaper and delivers a better result. Wont buy LG again

Date PurchasedJune 2017