LG TWIN171409H

See the Best Front Loading Washing Machines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Best Machine I have ever used

Settings for everything from the queen size comforter , heavy blankets , towels right down to delicate items, wool and silk items...Love that all clothing comes out lint free , just love it !

Purchased in July 2019 at Betta Electrical Bairnsdale for $1,800.00.

Noise Level

Where have you been all my life

This product is actually Washer Dryer WTW1409HCW with Mini washer WTP20WY added on. You can buy WTW1409HCW on its own but you cannot buy the Mini washer on its own.
The washer dryer does the job brilliantly. Everything comes out clean and soft and the dry cycle dries clothes a bit more quickly than our previous Electrolux washer dryer. However, it is a condenser dryer (like all washer dryer combos) so it takes a lot longer than the standalone vented dryers that most people are used to. I have seen many people complaining online about the drying time of condenser dryers, but a longer drying time is normal for a condenser dryer and at present, condensers are the only dryer type available in a combo wash/dry model.
The Twinwash mini tub is great for small, delicate and lightly soiled items. It only washes with cold water and has a 2kg capacity. It basically works very similarly to a top load machine but cannot do heavy duty washes. But it cleans and spins surprisingly well. It comes in handy when you're running a full wash and dry cycle and you want to do a quick wash and spin so you can hang it out to dry, or if you just have a lot of clothes to get through on wash day and can use the extra capacity for some delicates.
Amazingly, you can also control some elements of both machines' wash cycles using an app on your phone and you can download additional preset cycles this way too. I wish there was room to store now than one download cycle on each machine but the download only takes a minute so they can readily be replaced or redownloaded. Also, the machines sing a little song when a cycle is completed, reminiscent of a music box. This is sort of endearing, even though it freaks out the cats!
It is early days yet, but I am very happy with this machine. I am concerned, however, about the less than encouraging experiences I have had with LG customer service and reviews I have seen online about their support services. When I tried to contact LG about buying this washer, because I couldn't find it anywhere, their sales reps told me firstly that it was available and then that it was discontinued, and at no point did they seem to realise it's a combo of two products as described above. The Good Guys, where I purchased the machine, were all over this. I'm considering investing in their concierge service or extra warranty or whatever it is these days, if it means I don't have to deal with LG directly. I think this can be done post purchase but I haven't fully researched it yet. Fingers crossed.