LG UK6540 Series

See the Best 4K Ultra HD TVs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

chad

chadMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Picture quality and signal issues

This Tv I purchased for the first time as a reputable brand. As I have had Hisense Tvs prior that were perfectly fine and had really good quality pictures. This TV had continual signal issues for Digital TV, and the picture pixelated even after adjusting the speed setting. Even some slow programs caused the same issue. The corners also had a lesser picture quality to them. I tried everything and was going to return under warranty but when moving it I dropped it. This isn't covered under the TV warranty. Go Hisense.

Purchased in January 2018 at Harvey Norman for $2,100.00.

Irish

IrishMid North Coast, NSW

Beautiful Picture and easy to use

I replaced my Samsung 55" with this TV and Im happy to say it does the job well
The operating system is easy to use once to get used to it- perhaps I should have read the manual first !
I use it for internet TV and free to air channels and so far I cannot fault it
Only 2 HDMI ports and one USB port could do with more for some people but sufficient for me
All in all I'm very happy with LG

Purchased in March 2019 for $1,200.00.

Gr8 smart tv

Replaced my samsung tv with lg and best choice i made so clear better pixel and picture and voice recognition remote. So easy to use and navigate .55 inch and 5 star energy rating.

Purchased in May 2019 at Geddit for $900.00.

MrsMH

MrsMH

Don’t waste your time

The wifi constantly drops out and shows in Stan & Netflix etc stop playing. Can barely get through one movie or show without it dropping out once or twice. Then you go into settings and try to reconnect and it tells you the wifi is turned off! We had the model before this one and had it replaced under product care through harvey norman for the exact same reason but gave LG the benefit of the doubt as we liked everything else about the tv and that they may have fixed the issue but unfortunately its not the case! And its definitely not our internet connection as friends of ours have the same TV with the same issues!! DON’T BUY THIS TV!

Purchased in July 2018 at Harvey Norman Physical Store.

jnu123

jnu123

Good TV, like their magic remote

TV good, easy to operate. Picture and sound quality above average. I would like to mention the magic remote, with cursor pointer, and you can even speak to the remote. Disadvantage is short battery life of the remote (about 3 months with light use), app expansion is not good (restricted to their limited apps LG web OS) and only 1 year warranty. Overall, will buy it again.

Purchased in October 2018 at Betta Home Living for $1,189.00.

lawnmowerdeth

lawnmowerdethWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Clunky and lacks features.

My wife and I purchased this tv thinking it was good value for money. However we've found that you get what you pay for.
Firstly the TV doesn't support basic apps like Foxtel now. It also doesn't support Chromecast. The UI and app store are designed absolutely terribly, making it a nightmare to navigate. The sound is often hollow and thin, requiring you to fully blast the volume so you can hear/understand any dialogue.

The only aspect of this TV we like is the "magic" remote control which allows you to more easily type passwords etc.

We won't be buying or recommending an LG tv to anyone.

Purchased in December 2018 at JB Hi-Fi.

Tim

TimWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

LG not what they used to be.

The tv had poor sound, it is tilled upwards when on the stand, it had internet filters permanently fitted, the screws ard impossible to fit. The picture is clean but for the money it should be better.

Purchased in February 2019 for $995.00.

trompfy

trompfyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The best TV for your lounge room

I bought this so I can use it in the lounge room so I can watch videos while I have my dinner at night also the picture and the sound quality is amazing, better than my sound-bars. 4K is much more detailed compared to other 4K TVs I owned such as the Kogan or Samsung.

Purchased in September 2018 at JB Hifi Home for $769.00.

Jacob

Intermittent fault. LG refuse to replace the unit.

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman for $900.00.

Jacob

Got the TV back Monday after paying the service centre $99. HDMI3 dropped out again Tuesday. Yet according to LG the TV is "working to specification"......

Michaela kelly

Michaela kellyPerth, WA

Awesome TV

I can’t rate LG enough. We have had this tv for 3 years now, we started to get lines in the screen a couple of months ago, called LG and they fixed and replaced all parts for free, even though it was out of warranty. Best costumer service I have ever received and always so easy to deal with.

Purchased in December 2015 for $1,000.00.

Pottering11

Pottering11Perth, WA

Great Value 4K TV with great features

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Jamie

JamieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Love my new bedroom TV

Great smart TV similar to the other LG smart TV interfaces which is easily manageable and clean looking. I much prefer it over Samsung, especially the cute little bird pointer. Sounds quality is beyond amazing, better than my soundbars. 4K is much more detailed compared to other 4K TVs I own such as the Kogan and Viano, colours are vivid and strong. Would recommend this TV.

Mikec87

Mikec87South East Queensland, QLD

Great TV in light room, not so good in dark room watching dark movies. HDR is questionable.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Abacus

AbacusBrisbane

Love this TV too.

Bought this TV during the Black Friday sales as we loved the LG TV we bought last year. TV has crisp, clear picture with an easy to use magic remote. Had problems connecting to an app - live chat LG and got immediate help. Great product and good, quick customer service if you need help.

Uthpala Lakmalee

Uthpala LakmaleeBayswater

Love the pciture Quality

I went in to the store to buy the 43 inch but this was a great buy for the price difference. The Quality is far superior than what is available in this price bracket. The sleek stylish stand is a added feature and the remote is user friendly too. Easy to set up operate. Great size for a small apartment.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Mosto

Mosto

It is a very big picture

We purchased this TV to upgrade from a 3-D TV and it has been really good It has 4 hdmi ports. It is quick and simple to set up And the smart TV part is really user-friendly. The sound quality is good but like most thin TVs A sound bar is better.
My only drama with the product is one of the ports I had on the Xbox one plug into it with sometimes stop making up the signal and what I have to do is on plug it from that port and plug it into another and it would keep working.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Achtlos

AchtlosCanberra 2600, ACT

Great LCD tv

January 2019 update.
I just bought a budget sound bar to pair with this TV. Like most flat panel TVs the stock audio is mediocre. Spoken word is hard to hear generally, vastly improved with a soundbar.

The TV is still great, has great input lag figures for fast moving games at 4k.

Nearly competing with the budget Chinese brands on price, but VASTLY superior to TCL/Hisense. Although on paper all the cheap brands have similar specs, this TV has vastly better motion handling, with far less Jitter than the Hisense it replaces. I expect this TV to be on special over through November. Spend the extra 2 - 300 over the Soniq/Hisense/TCL and buy this tv instead.

Ahmed

Ahmed

Five Star Reviews, Three Star Product

I was persuaded to buy this TV based on numerous 5 star reviews but this is not, IMHO, a 5 star product. Attractive looking flat screen. Good range of options. Marred by very slow remote response, TV guide display takes forever to come up. Sound quality average. Picture quality average - you need to be pretty much directly in front of the TV to get the best viewing results. Connected by LAN cable - network continually disconnects and connects causing notifications and TV station labels to pop up on screen - really annoying distraction. Don't think it is caused by my LAN connection. Problem seemed to go away when connected thru WiFi. Would I recommend this to anyone else, maybe.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Mel H

Mel HAU

Stunning picture, great features!

For the price, this TV is fantastic. Crisp, clear picture, and plenty of apps to use. Having Netflix and so much more right there on the home screen makes everything easy to use. When hooked up to the 4K player, the videos are beautiful, full of color and quite vibrant.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

jswc

jswcSydney, NSW

Great value, picture and functionality

Purchased this 65” TV for my father. Great value, picture quality and functionality. SMART TV function works well with easy access to apps like Netflix. Movement is not quite as good as our old Panasonic Viera plasma (this LG LED is still a bit “soap opera” like). The more expensive OLED version would probably have better and smoother motion.

Date PurchasedJul 2018