LG not what they used to be.

The tv had poor sound, it is tilled upwards when on the stand, it had internet filters permanently fitted, the screws ard impossible to fit. The picture is clean but for the money it should be better.

Purchased in February 2019 for $995.00.

Sound Quality

The best TV for your bedroom

I bought this so as I spare one I can use it in my bedroom so watch videos while I sit up in bed at night also the picture and the sound quality is amazing, better than my sound-bars. 4K is much more detailed compared to other 4K TVs I owned such as the Kogan or Samsung.

Purchased in September 2018 at JB Hifi Home for $769.00.

Sound Quality

Intermittent fault. LG refuse to replace the unit.

HDMI3 started intermittently dropping out after owning it for a couple of weeks. The TV had its motherboard replaced. A couple of weeks later HDMI3 and 4 dropped out again; 4 for a few hours and 3 for 2 days. The TV registers that a powered device is plugged into the ports but won't display a signal from them. Both devices I tried when the ports weren't working (Nintendo Switch and a Chromecast) worked perfectly in ports 1 and 2. I provided video evidence of the fault to LG. But because their service centre can't replicate an intermittent fault they won't replace it. Now I have to pay the service centre to get my faulty TV back. I've repeatedly asked for an explanation regarding the video of the fault I sent them, which they refuse to give. Will not buy LG products again. Complaint with the ACCC in the pipeline.

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman for $900.00.

Sound Quality
Got the TV back Monday after paying the service centre $99. HDMI3 dropped out again Tuesday. Yet according to LG the TV is "working to specification"......

Awesome TV

I can’t rate LG enough. We have had this tv for 3 years now, we started to get lines in the screen a couple of months ago, called LG and they fixed and replaced all parts for free, even though it was out of warranty. Best costumer service I have ever received and always so easy to deal with.

Purchased in December 2015 for $1,000.00.

Great Value 4K TV with great features

Bought this TV on clearance for just over $1,000.

At this price point I was not looking for OLED quality or direct backlighting, that said, I am very happy with the picture quality. Images are clear and 4K content looks fantastic on this TV. No issues with off centre viewing angles.

The features that come with most LG smart TVs are very good, including easy access to all main viewing apps and the ability to use bluetooth to listen to sound, either through headphones or a bluetooth could bar etc.

Some apps are not available in the LG content store at the moment, such as 7plus, but this can be accessed via freeviewplus when watching a 7 network station as well as via other platforms connected, such as AppleTV, PS4 etc, so no huge issue here.

Feels like this is a sweet spot for price and value. This model is clearing out in readiness for 2019 models, so a good time to snag a bargain, as some stores still have stock

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Love my new bedroom TV

Great smart TV similar to the other LG smart TV interfaces which is easily manageable and clean looking. I much prefer it over Samsung, especially the cute little bird pointer. Sounds quality is beyond amazing, better than my soundbars. 4K is much more detailed compared to other 4K TVs I own such as the Kogan and Viano, colours are vivid and strong. Would recommend this TV.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Great TV in light room, not so good in dark room watching dark movies. HDR is questionable.

I wanted to upgrade my old LG 55 inch 1080 TV I bought 5 years ago.

My budget was to stay under $2,000, and looking around I bought this TV from the Good Guys at Browns Plains. They went to the trouble of getting it from the warehouse and set it up in store, and also gave a rather huge discount. Awesome to deal with.

I had it delivered next day, set it up and the initial "turn on" and have a look was great. The colours, detail etc are outstanding, very bright too and great for a bright room at day time.

Connectivity is very good, 4 HDMI ports, remote is also very good and easy to use, and the available apps are very good and everything is in one area.

The downside is the evening with only a few lights on and this TV has really, really bad light bleed and even if there is just one white object on the left or right, the whole section from top to bottom has a grey light column. it looks very bad. Watching the Avengers Infinity War is a great movie to show this bleeding and column effect. It makes it very hard to watch 4K movies....the reason I did in fact buy the TV.

With time and some trial and error adjusting back-light and contrast levels, this was reduced, but still an issue. However, bright scenes and motorsports in 4K on Foxtel, this TV is awesome. I was thinking of exchanging it for a more expensive model, but an extra $3k is too much, and even then the upper level models of the LG range still have light bleed issues. OLED have burn in issues....so I will stick with this.

Overall, it is a very good TV, and with time spend adjusting the setting and levels, and disabling HDR ( it seems to make the picture look flat and lack contrast) the picture quality is very good.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Love this TV too.

Bought this TV during the Black Friday sales as we loved the LG TV we bought last year. TV has crisp, clear picture with an easy to use magic remote. Had problems connecting to an app - live chat LG and got immediate help. Great product and good, quick customer service if you need help.

Love the pciture Quality

I went in to the store to buy the 43 inch but this was a great buy for the price difference. The Quality is far superior than what is available in this price bracket. The sleek stylish stand is a added feature and the remote is user friendly too. Easy to set up operate. Great size for a small apartment.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

It is a very big picture

We purchased this TV to upgrade from a 3-D TV and it has been really good It has 4 hdmi ports. It is quick and simple to set up And the smart TV part is really user-friendly. The sound quality is good but like most thin TVs A sound bar is better.
My only drama with the product is one of the ports I had on the Xbox one plug into it with sometimes stop making up the signal and what I have to do is on plug it from that port and plug it into another and it would keep working.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Great LCD tv

January 2019 update.
I just bought a budget sound bar to pair with this TV. Like most flat panel TVs the stock audio is mediocre. Spoken word is hard to hear generally, vastly improved with a soundbar.

The TV is still great, has great input lag figures for fast moving games at 4k.

Nearly competing with the budget Chinese brands on price, but VASTLY superior to TCL/Hisense. Although on paper all the cheap brands have similar specs, this TV has vastly better motion handling, with far less Jitter than the Hisense it replaces. I expect this TV to be on special over through November. Spend the extra 2 - 300 over the Soniq/Hisense/TCL and buy this tv instead.

Five Star Reviews, Three Star Product

I was persuaded to buy this TV based on numerous 5 star reviews but this is not, IMHO, a 5 star product. Attractive looking flat screen. Good range of options. Marred by very slow remote response, TV guide display takes forever to come up. Sound quality average. Picture quality average - you need to be pretty much directly in front of the TV to get the best viewing results. Connected by LAN cable - network continually disconnects and connects causing notifications and TV station labels to pop up on screen - really annoying distraction. Don't think it is caused by my LAN connection. Problem seemed to go away when connected thru WiFi. Would I recommend this to anyone else, maybe.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Stunning picture, great features!

For the price, this TV is fantastic. Crisp, clear picture, and plenty of apps to use. Having Netflix and so much more right there on the home screen makes everything easy to use. When hooked up to the 4K player, the videos are beautiful, full of color and quite vibrant.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Great value, picture and functionality

Purchased this 65” TV for my father. Great value, picture quality and functionality. SMART TV function works well with easy access to apps like Netflix. Movement is not quite as good as our old Panasonic Viera plasma (this LG LED is still a bit “soap opera” like). The more expensive OLED version would probably have better and smoother motion.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Love this TV

Why didn’t I buy a UHF tv earlier. It’s picture quality is fantastic. It’s turns on quickly and responds fast. I am quite impressed with its sound quality also. Only criticism I have is it’s pointer sensitivity. It’s seems a bit too sensitive so makes a little difficult to navigate freely.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Rubbish

Please everyone share this so that no one else has to go thru this.
Dear lg australia i would like to say that your new UK65 inch tv's are absolute rubbish. I brought mine 3 weeks ago and it was replaced after the first week due to half the screen going white. Now the replacement tv is doing the same thing and you are now trying to tell me that that is how the tv is meant to be.....
I want my money back as this tv is absolutely terrible.
LG (lifes good) no its not i have had 3 weeks of running around trying to get this sorted out its not good enough.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Excellent TV - A First Time LG Buyer

Just bought this TV as a replacement after having to return a brand new Panasonic LED TV which had a terrible quality picture on it and was a complete waste of money.
This TV was very easy to set up and didn't take very long, has a crystal clear picture and natural colour even straight out of the box. There are some great features on it too (ie: apps, bluetooth compatible for headphones and has a 'magic' remote which works like mouse). Works well on all connected devices (Foxtel, TV streaming box, blu-ray and PVR) as well as free-to-air viewing.
The only negatives which are minor is the stand is a little flimsy and TV wobbles a bit so you would need to secure it with small children around in case it topples over. The TV also only goes into standby mode and you can't fully turn it off via the remote or TV switch so you need to turn it off at the wall if you want it off completely.
Apart from that very happy with this TV so far which is also my first LG purchase. Wish I had bought this TV first instead of going through all the pain with the previous Panasonic model (and whom I will never buy anything of again after that experience).

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Yet another fantastic TV from LG

I bought this TV after years of using an older WebOS tv, and loved that system so much that I refused to even consider switching to another brand.
This particular TV is easy to set up and use, and very quick to turn on, with an option available to make it even quicker.
The remote includes a very useful Netflix button, and another for AmazonPrime. The TV will remember your most recent applications and switching between any application is as easy as it gets.
The HDR settings make games seem more detailed and life like then ever, while movies and TV shows in UHD are as clear and crisp as you could hope for.

I've only had it for a few months, but so far have had no issues.

Date PurchasedJun 2018