LG WD-8013C

LG WD-8013C

See the Best Front Loading Washing Machines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

K man

K man

13 years and going strong!

Date PurchasedJan 2005

Haylot

HaylotSydney

Lasted almost forever

Our washer recently died after a good 8-9 years of solid use. It took a bit long to wash but we never needed it serviced or repaired during that time. we've replaced with another lg machine (had to because of our dryer) and so far so good.

Id recommend.

BethA

BethAAU

8 years on

We've had this machine for 8 years & it's definitely had a workout! Sometimes accommodating up to 14 people at once. Never needed a service. I've never used fabric softener in it & I run a cleaning cycle with vinegar through it about twice a year. We took it to our holiday house for a few years where it only ran on bore water & the clothes still came out clean. I'm extremely happy with this machine.
90 degree wash, reliable
Plastic components have yellowed over time

BarryM21MELBOURNE

Five years and going strong.

After 5 years of heavy use by my family this machine has not missed a beat. Still going as good as the day it was installed. My wife would wash our clothes and linen during the week and my daughter would do all her washing usually 4 or 5 loads. Best buy in a long time.
Great on water, has individual compartments for pre-wash, powder and fabric softener. Very quiet and low vibration.
Needs a count down timer for the cycle selected.

cjwill
cjwill

I have had this machine for about 6 years, love it. It has been a great machine only had to replace the door probaly due to slamming it. Looking to buy another for my weekender

mermaidgrrrl

mermaidgrrrl

OK

w.i.f.e.

w.i.f.e.AU

Six years old and still working well.

Great machine

Have had mine for five years now and not a problem at all. Will buy another if needed in the future.
Everything is good

Bad

I had cheapo Gorenje Pacific before this that lasted 13 years. This one needs an entirely new bowl, etc after 4 years. $500+ repairs if I go that way. Not happy
Energy and water efficiency
Unreliable

Daveo78

Daveo78Perth, WA

Bad

Should have done my research first.
Spend the extra money upfront or at least get the extended warranty.
Won't buy another LG product again.
Was the cheaper option when we were buying.
Was extrememly loud during the spin cycle.
Door stuck frequently. Had to push in first to open.
Started leaking after 2 an a half years. (Out of Warranty) Repair man said unfixable. Repairman suggested Bosch, also to stay away from Electrolux.

We have had the machine for 3+ years and are very happy with it. Our son has a tendency to leave tissues in his pocket, and the old top loader would spread them evenly right through the washing, leaving a huge clean up job. The LG on the other hand conveniently pools all rubbish including tissues etc in the front rubber lip making it extremely easy to remove, so we never need to re-wash a load. It has already paid for itself in water and detergent savings, and apart from having to replace a $25.00 door handle has been trouble free. Our daughter with 2 small children now has one and is also as happy, so we would happily buy one again.
Price was good, uses little water or detergent and cleans well.
The door handle is a weak spot.

tory

toryAustralia

Bad

disappointed overall, bought the machine for the reason of getting the cash back, would like it have a quieter spin, the gunk builds up if you don't wipe it out and can get on clothes when you pull them out of the machine
Price is good, cleaning is average.
very noisy spin cycle, gathers alot of gunk within the rubber rim wouldn't buy it again

Elaine A.

Elaine A.asked

During spinning, our machine (LG WD-8013C) sparks inside the washer and moves around too. What could be wrong?

Lee Cobern

Lee Cobernasked

My machine fills up with water and does not wash or spin anymore. Is it worth getting repaired?

BarryM21

That depends on how old the machine is and the call out cost for repair. If the machine has been used for several years I would tend towards replacement since the repair costs will probably be more than half the cost of a replacement machine. If you can get a repairman out for a quote at a minimal cost it would help make your decision easier. I hoope this helps.

MM

MMasked

I just moved into a rental home with a LG WD-8013C. I think I selected the correct wash cycle and options but when I press start nothing happens for a few seconds, then all of the option lights flash and the machine beeps. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for your help!

BarryM21

Generally the beeping and light flashing indicate the door has not closed properly. There maybe a problem with the door sensor on your machine.

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives