LG WD-8016C

LG WD-8016C Questions & Answers

17 questions from our users

WAYNE CLIFFORD

WAYNE CLIFFORDasked

I heard a weird sound during last 8 mins of quick wash of 1000 spin then I saw a light spark underneath the machine. I am very concern it could cause the fire please advice.

Smadar

Smadarasked

Hello,
If I want to use liquid washing and liquid softener, where do I put them?

I only found explanations for powder washing.

Smadar.

paddington

I do not use either but from memory left for washing-middle compartment for softeners- right is a mystery. I only use a tiny amount of good quality powder ( that is a subjective debate ) on a short cycle.

Claire

Claireasked

How old is the LG INTELLOWASHER 7.5kg WD8016C?

paddington

The one here is maybe ten plus years old. If you use the 30 minute cycle on low spin,low heat, light loads with low vibrations you may get years of service. Heavy loads on high settings could shake it to junk in ten weeks.

Mick

Mickasked

PE flashing 14min from finish ?
Any ideas?
Mick

Sonet

Sonetasked

My lg goes on but wont start. Any help?

paddington

The few starting problems I have found often involve the door not sealing or not pressing the start/ option buttons on the correct side. e.g.my method- fail to start-turn off at plug-open door check -close door gently but with firm pressure right hand side-power on at plug-power switch on- wash option( Quick 30) -lastly push start-pause button on left hand side ( not centre! ) firmly and hold ( maybe 5-8 seconds or longer ) untill cycle starts. This works for me - hope it works for you.

tom

tomasked

i HAVE A 7KG LG FRONT LOADER WD8015C, recently i noticed, water coming out through the laundy powder slot and the machine not taking the fabric softer from the slot. what could be wrong?

buick1946

Probably the back of the laundry powder drawer clogged up with un disolved powder. There is a tab on the blue bit inside the drawer that you press down and you can remove and clean the draw. Clean it, put it back and then pour a few buckets of hot water in through the open drawer. Slowly or it will spill. also run a few cycles with a hot fill and hottest water temp to clean it all out.

David

Davidasked

my wd-8016c is washing and it drains, but doesnt spin dry and timer stops 8 mins before its supposed to spin and doesnt
Any clues please Thank you

David

999sam
999sam

The belt is slipping on the big drive ring attatched to the rear of the drum.Remove the power cable. The rear of the top lid has two screws remove them and bang rearwards the lid untill it slides back a bit. lift it up and remove. Remove the 4 seized phillip head screws holding the bent in cover plate. Electric screwdriver with all my weight pushing it to remove with soaking of CRC before. Remove rear panel. Slide off and clean the V belt of dust and wipe clean the shiny smooth drum where the part# 5PJE1182 belt a drives. Get some electrical tape and wrap about 5 laps carefully around the drum. Feeding the tape from above while turning the drum to make as even an appliaction of the tape as possable. Carefullly turn and push on the belt Spin the drum fast by hand forwards and backwards untill you are sure the the belt is aligned. The belt is thinner than V drive pully on the motor so you can trim the alignment. Re-assembe and if it works order a new belt part number 5PJE1182 PS I forgot to look at the door switch that needs a push to get the machine started sometimes.

I assume this belt has the same problem in these other models
LG WASHING MACHINE DRIVE BELT FOR ALL FRONT LOAD MODELS
P/N 4400FR3116D , B075 , Replaces 4400EN3001A , 4400FR3116A

5PJE1182 Made Hutchinson , Poly-V drive belt

Model: WD-1018C , WD-1015FB , WD-1021W , WD-1025FB,WD-74FHB, WD-1223FB, WD-1274FHB, WD-1253FH,WD-1412RD,WD-8013F, WD-8016C,WD-8023FB,WD-8030W,WD-8050FH,WD8074FHB,WD-1049C

Sara

Saraasked

Hello can anyone advise how big is LG WD-8016C.
I mean is it enough big for family of 2 kids and couple.

buick1946

We washed for 3 kids and 2 adults. Doesn't take as much as a top loader. Choice says that front loaders only take about 2/3 of their rated capacity before the performance drops off. Front loaders are ok for small loads but struggle to get the job done with bigger loads. Towels come out scratchy as well unless you use fabric softener.
If you are doing lots of big loads a top loader may be better.

sweeney

sweeneyasked

Where is the filter on the wd-8016c and how do i empty it

buick1946

There is no filter as such. There is a bit of a coin trap under the panel on the lower right at the front.

Kath

Kathasked

I have a "FE" error on my front loader WD14070SD6 - what part do I need to complete repair?

buick1946

FE is a Fill Error. Could be a leaking water inlet valve allowing the machine to overfill or a dodgy level sensor. Difficult one to pinpoint. Have a look at some of the answers on this link http://www.fixya.com/search/p906771-samsung_wf328aa_front_load_washer/fe_error_code

KathrynB

KathrynBasked

I'm getting an IE error. I've taken the hoses off the back but how do I get the inlet filter out to clean??
Thanks!
Kathryn

Carrie B
Carrie B

Hi Kathryn, don't know if you have solved the problem yet. If not, try this. Most likely the problem is with dirt clogging the filter in your inlet hose. Unscrew the hose from the back of your machine and there is a small mesh filter there. Just take it out and clean it. Hopefully that will help - it did with mine. Kindest regards. Carol

Wayne

Wayneasked

I have a LG Intello Washer WD-8016C . The door is shut and the door latch is broken . How do I open the door to replace the broken latch?

buick1946

You need to take the top off the machine. there are (from memory) 2 screw at the back to remove then the top slides backwards and then comes up. you can then get to the back of the latch from behind. It is still not easy though. You will need a stubby phillips screw driver.
Are you sure that the latch is broken? The door will not open part way through a cycle, even if you switch the machine off. You need to switch it off at the wall and wait a few minutes before the door will open. If there is power to the machine it will keep the door locked even when it is turned off if it thinks it is the middle of a cycle.

paddington

At the end of every wash I now have to slide a plastic kitchen spatula in behind door -gently push latch to left-hold-open door. Machine works fine.

Emma Kate

Emma Kateasked

We just got our washing machine second hand. There are three compartments to put the washing detergent. I'm not sure which is for liquid, powder & fabric softener?

Passionfruit3
Passionfruit3

Powder on the left, fabric softener in the middle and I put nappy san in the right if I have a particularly dirt\y load

Vic

Vicasked

My WD-8016C will not spin after a wash and the timer stops sometimes at 7mins sometimes at 11mins depending on the cycle being used. What could be the problem?

buick1946

Is the water pumping out? There is a hatch in the bottom right. The one on my machine is a bit stiff to open and needs a screwdriver in the slot to prize it open. Behind that is a round black bung and a small rubber hose with a plug in the end, Un-clip the hose and remove the plug to drain the machine. Remove the black bung by twisting it about an eighth of a turn counter clockwise. You can now see the inlet to the pump.Check that there is nothing in the inlet or stuck in the pump. My machine had a paperclip stuck in there and it did the same thing. I scored a spare parts machine from the tip only to find a 10 cent piece in the same spot. Removed that and the unit worked fine.

Mum151013

Mum151013asked

LG WD8016C
My machine drum is not moving at all. I have had problems with imbalance errors in the past where it skates across the tiles and stops. I reset the wash on short cycle and hope it completes.
When I start a wash cycle, it fills, timer progresses but the drum is not turning. It gets down to the 9min mark and doesnt move on. It just makes a recurring hum.
Does it sound as if I need to replace the drum rubber?

buick1946

It sounds like the drive belt has broken or fallen off. This may be the root cause of your problem or a symptom of a deeper problem like siezing bearings in your drum.
Open the little panel on the bottom right front of the machine (you may need a little screw driver to prize it open from the top) and unclip the small black hose, unscrew the cap from the end and drain all the water from the machine. open the door and remove any clothes. Try and spin the drum. Does it turn freely and fairly quietly with a little resistance coming to a stop after only a revolution and a bit? If so the drive belt is still on. If it continues to spin for many revolutions then the belt is off. If it spins but makes a rumbling sound then the bearings are knackered and this is what has killed the belt.

Hope this helps

Mel660r

Mel660rasked

My washing machine will not drain, it sounds like it is trying with a slight wheering noise, but no action. Please help?

LG
LG A.LG

Hi Mel, Sounds like you need some troubleshooting. Would you mind giving us a call on 1300 542 273 so we can help and assess the situation further? Kind regards, LG Australia

Tegan45

Tegan45asked

My washer leaks out the bottom and dispencer, There is also dirty residue left on towels and some clothes- they come out dirtier than they started. It there something i should be doing to stop this?

LG
LG A.LG

Hi Tegan,
Could you please call us on 1300 542 273 so that we can help you with this issue?
Regards,
LG Australia

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives