LG WD1013ND

See the Best Front Loading Washing Machines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Ms Joy

Ms JoyFar North Queensland, QLD

FALSE Advertising

I purchased this 13kg LG Front loader machine specifically to wash sheets, biggest size being a Queen. It states it will wash a king duvet...our old machine which was 7kg did a better job. The machine leaks, takes longer time than stated, we followed care instructions and still got mould. Machine is 4 months old. Called LG and they are not interested. Sales person told best machine!! They are not interested.

Purchased in April 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1,649.00.

Noise Level

Peter

PeterHunter Region, NSW

Not as advertised

Machine don't wash duvets as stated by sales and specs. Put a full load in and the water nozzle tears clothes Samsung almost impossible to deal with , they sent a young repairer out was not interested and very arrogant service over all sux.

Sandi

SandiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

DO NOT BUY

This washing machine does not spin a queen size doona (claims it will do a king size). Washes but will NOT spin the water out of the doona. LG simply refuse to acknowledge this fact. they sent a technician who stood there, looked at the machine and left.

Purchased in January 2019 for $1,500.00.

Noise Level

BeeBeeVictoria

13 kg LG washine machine

This big 13kg machine has given me more time for me to do other things. Instead of 3 loads in our small machine, I do 1 load in the bigger one. It takes less time to wash in the big machine than the little machine. It's quiet also. I can fit our king doona in it easily and washes well.
Being wi-fi capable, I set it up so that I get notifications on my phone to tell me when the washing has finished. A bit corny but great for me. It is super easy to use. The only thing I don't like is the door doesn't open right up like the old LG machine.
Recommend this machine for larger families.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Mish

MishMelbourne

Nice Big Drum

I bought this machine after owning an LG front loader for 9 years prior. I went with the 13kg drum thinking it would suit my king size doonas but unfortunately it hasn’t lived up to that expectation. The door struggles to close properly and when I have attempted to wash a king size piece the machine has leaked.
Other than this issue, I would recommend the washer to families as the size for a front loader is beyond compare to others on the market. It has great wash options and noise is minimal. I love that it comes in stainless steel too!

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Sue

SueSydney

Hammer pipes

Stay away from this machine. The hammering of pipes this machine is causing is horrible. The after cost involved also one may consider. But then the lack of ownership from LG that the machine is causing this is dismal. After service from LG is rude and arrogant. Even after the plumber came out to fix it still remains a problem. Whole house knows when the machine is working.. despite that machine does an ok wash- the noise of the hammer pipes kills whatever good this machine may have LG fail on so many levels. Be prepared for extra cost after you bring home. This machine is not designed for Australian standards.
Would love to hear from other who also have same problem.

Daniel S.asked

what is the shortest wash cycle time possible?

BeeBee

Hi Daniel, thanks for your question. I just popped in 4 towels on "Speed Wash" and it says it's cycle is 15 minutes. I didn't adjust the temperature, the wash option, the rinse option or the spin option, so it automatically sets to 40 degrees, medium wash, one rinse and a medium spin which in my opinion is perfect for a quick wash. Not sure how clean they will end up but if your clothes aren't too dirty, it should be okay. Hope this helps.

Daniel S.

cheers, and thanks for the quick response!

Mishl

Mishlasked

Approx how long does a regular full cold wash cycle take?

BeeBee

Hi Mishi. A regular wash goes for around an hour.
I really packed it up with all my laundry one day and it took about 2 and a half hours. Not bad considering the 7 kg machine we have used to take 1hour and 45 mins to do a small load. I'm very impressed with the 13kg machine.
Cheers
BeeBee

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives