LG WD1013ND

How to buy the best washing machine

Read now

2.3

have spent more on plumbing bills to try to fix water hammer!

have been using this machine for over 12 months and while it washes fine, it is programmed to take in the water in VERY sudden and Strong surges or spurts. i get the plumber back when we cant handle the water hammer noise anymore. this has been very expensive and not because of plumbing rates but the number of times he has been back. he fixes it, and it breaks out again. LG technician has been to replace water inlet valves and its no better at all. Am so sick of it, am going to replace it. its cost more than the washing machine!

Purchased in February 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$1,700.00.

Stacey

StaceyCanberra 2600, ACT

Not happy is a huge understatement!!

carmel

carmelSydney, NSW

NOT THE BEST

Purchased this machine in Nov 2019 this is my second front loader after having a Maytag for over 22 years i was happy to have a change and have something more modern with programs that allowed me to stop and add a item . NOT HAPPY with this machine as when it draws water it draws in a pulsating mode causing very loud water hammer noise it s very disturbing , we have even gone to the expense of buying water hammer arresters but these haven't helped at all . I spoken to customer service about this and they said that is how the machine is programmed we are very concerned that this will eventually lead to serious pipe damage .

Front Loading Washing Machines

Find out how LG WD1013ND compares to other Front Loading Washing Machines

Apple

AppleGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

like the colour

It has high capacity which can wash a big load of clothes. it saves water which cuts your water bill. it has smart and modern looking which can match your modern home. I like the colour the most.

Purchased in July 2019 at David Jones for A$799.00.

Dryer TypeSimpson 39S455L
So P.

So P.

Great washing machine

Great washing machine. The size is pretty big which is the main reason I chose this washing machine. Washes really well and quiet. I love the wifi function so I can decide when to start/finish.

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$1,415.00.

Dryer TypeEsatto EHPD7

Worst Machine Ever Made.

Brought this machine 30/11/19. It doesn’t spin out properly, it pushes clothes into the seal where they get stuck and damaged the seal LG won’t take any responsibility for the machine. After reading reviews on this product I am not the only one with issues I wish I would have read this before purchasing this machine. If you want a horrible machine and constant lack of service and care from LG buy this product. Otherwise stay as far away from anything with a LG badge.

Purchased in November 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$1,700.00.

Jashep

The rep in our area he name is Kym he is unhelpful and treats LG customers like rubbish don’t buy a LG product go with another brand that treats there customers with respect

Gabm

GabmSydney, NSW

Lasted 3 Weeks

My first time with a front loader. Never again. The machine started leaking after 3 weeks of normal household use. Serviceman determined that it was a cracked outer drum. LG are saying this is not covered under their Warranty, even though this is a major fault. Their "experts" have gone against the technician who saw the machine and visited the site and said it was caused by a foreign object even though the expert found no evidence of a foreign object. My last washing machine was a Fischer & Packel that lasted 20 years. DON'T BUY LG the warranty isn't worth the paper it is printed on.

Purchased in January 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$1,450.00.

Sajo89

Sajo89Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Pretty good

Washes and spins everything perfectly except for duvets as advertised and can only spin two queen size sheets. Spins large load of clothes perfectly. Besides not spinning duvets everything else is perfect with this machine

Purchased in September 2019 at Harvey Norman Online.

Ms Joy

Ms JoyFar North Queensland, QLD

FALSE Advertising

I purchased this 13kg LG Front loader machine specifically to wash sheets, biggest size being a Queen. It states it will wash a king duvet...our old machine which was 7kg did a better job. The machine leaks, takes longer time than stated, we followed care instructions and still got mould. Machine is 4 months old. Called LG and they are not interested. Sales person told best machine!! They are not interested.

Purchased in April 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$1,649.00.

Front Loading Washing Machines

Find out how LG WD1013ND compares to other Front Loading Washing Machines

Peter

PeterHunter Region, NSW

Not as advertised

Machine don't wash duvets as stated by sales and specs. Put a full load in and the water nozzle tears clothes Samsung almost impossible to deal with , they sent a young repairer out was not interested and very arrogant service over all sux.

Sandi

SandiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

DO NOT BUY

This washing machine does not spin a queen size doona (claims it will do a king size). Washes but will NOT spin the water out of the doona. LG simply refuse to acknowledge this fact. they sent a technician who stood there, looked at the machine and left.

Purchased in January 2019 for A$1,500.00.

BeeBeeVictoria

13 kg LG washine machine

This big 13kg machine has given me more time for me to do other things. Instead of 3 loads in our small machine, I do 1 load in the bigger one. It takes less time to wash in the big machine than the little machine. It's quiet also. I can fit our king doona in it easily and washes well.
Being wi-fi capable, I set it up so that I get notifications on my phone to tell me when the washing has finished. A bit corny but great for me. It is super easy to use. The only thing I don't like is the door doesn't open right up like the old LG machine.
Recommend this machine for larger families.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Mish

MishMelbourne

Nice Big Drum

I bought this machine after owning an LG front loader for 9 years prior. I went with the 13kg drum thinking it would suit my king size doonas but unfortunately it hasn’t lived up to that expectation. The door struggles to close properly and when I have attempted to wash a king size piece the machine has leaked.
Other than this issue, I would recommend the washer to families as the size for a front loader is beyond compare to others on the market. It has great wash options and noise is minimal. I love that it comes in stainless steel too!

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Sue

SueSydney

Hammer pipes

Stay away from this machine. The hammering of pipes this machine is causing is horrible. The after cost involved also one may consider. But then the lack of ownership from LG that the machine is causing this is dismal. After service from LG is rude and arrogant. Even after the plumber came out to fix it still remains a problem. Whole house knows when the machine is working.. despite that machine does an ok wash- the noise of the hammer pipes kills whatever good this machine may have LG fail on so many levels. Be prepared for extra cost after you bring home. This machine is not designed for Australian standards.
Would love to hear from other who also have same problem.