LG WD12590D6 / WD12595D6

LG WD12590D6 / WD12595D6

WD12595D6 (Stainless), WD12590D6 (White)

See the Best Front Loading Washing Machines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Sharon

SharonGold coast

Beware

I purchased this machine 2 years ago and I have found a rust hole as big as a five cent piece. I called LG and sent them photos of the rust. Without anyone coming to look at the machine I was informed a week later that they have Reviewed my case and they have come to the conclusion that it’s rust cause was from an over use of detergent.. how do they know that? This makes me so angry that I will be taking this further.. buyer beware LG after sales care doesn’t care.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Herbert Hugon

Herbert HugonPatterson Lakes

Good machine

Bought this machine after our last one let go. Very pleased with all the different functions, specially the fast 14 and the timer option. It is very quiet compared to our last one. Only downfall is that even with the crease care option shirts come out very wrinkled. Apart from that very well priced machine.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Jack

Jackbrisbane

PERFECT WEDDING GIFT

i was gifted this washing machine back in 2015 from a dear friend for my wedding present, starting a new life etc. i use it probably twice a day, because of a clean freak function i have in my brain, and it has not failed me once. totally recomend this as a gift or just to buy.

Date PurchasedMay 2015
droach

droach

Can live without this machine

Date PurchasedOct 2014

ECJ24

ECJ24Derwent Valley

impressed with washing results

Date PurchasedSep 2017

FiB

FiBCanberra

Avoid. Leaks like a sieve. Customer service is appalling.

Date PurchasedMar 2014

Ray M

Ray MTamworth NSW

Why did I wait so long!

This machine does a fantastic job. It really gets my washing super clean. It's super gentle on delicates and can knock over the the really dirty stuff, no troubles. Super quiet, water efficient and a great range of wash cycles to suit every scenario. Very pleased with the product and highly recommend to anyone looking to upgrade to a large load (10 kilo) capacity.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Big Machine

My Last washing machine was Lg and I was really happy with it.
This is a very large machine and washes all the clothes really well.
I can fit a King size quilt.
Only problem is when its taking water it makes a lot of noise
It takes water in about 5 hard pumping like action. This causes a lot of noise.

Date PurchasedSep 2014
Mrs62

Mrs62Brisbane

Terrible performance, terrible customer service

Peita B

Peita BGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

It's ok , gets the job done

This is an ok washing machine , I find that it is a quiet washing machine , and has many cycles to choose from . I usually use the quick cycle which runs for 30 minutes and finds it cleans the clothes well , I do find that the bulkier the load or if you are washing blankets or bed sheets the cycles can run up to 2 hours , not really ideal if you want to wash and hang out early .
I do like the way it sings to you when it is done , I have found you have to rinse the tub out at least once a week as there is a slight smell that builds up . I do a tub clean and the function is easy to use .

Date PurchasedMar 2009

Bellsy

BellsyCANBERRA

This beast is the best machine we've ever had

ReneeSydney

Fantastic

Owned for 3 months now. I find the sports wear wash is intense and cleans amazing, the option to do a dark clothes wash with reduced heating to limit colour run is perfect. I commonly use the cotton wash. Nothing has ever been over 2 hours yet, and I fill that machine (4 kids)
Clothes come out well spun, not tangled.
Machine is quiet to use. It's my 3rd top loader, first LG and I am most impressed.
Favourite feature - weighs the load and tells you if it's too full
Worst feature - can't add something forgotten once it's started, but any front loader user already would be used to that.

Update Nov 16: Now been 5 months and still faultless

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Kerrie

Kerrie

Great machine overall

Ann

AnnSydney Surrounds, NSW

Good machine

I found this machine to be very good, easy to use and fits a large amount of clothes in the one wash saving time as less loads are required. Clothes come out clean. Good number of wash cycles.
Would be nice if you were able to adjust the ring volume and repeat time like my old machine, but this is only a small thing.
It dose have some water hammer when filling. Has to be caused by machine as the machine next to it and old machine have never done this.

Waste of a lot of good money

Right on!

I totally agree with you on this issue. I thought it was just us that had this problem. Actually, the hammering was so severe that it burst our pipes. After a $4000 plumbing bill and $1500 x 2 quarters water bill due to the pipes under the house leaking, we are deciding to get another machine. We also put the arresters on and the problem is not as bad but it is still hammering......beware!!!!

DebraGold Coast

Beware water hammer problems

I have spent quite a while researching and finally buying. I am using it for the first time only to find it has a noisy water hammer sound when filling with water. Looking online it seems to be a design problem with LG washers. It seems the problem is corrected with water hammer arrestors from Bunnings attached to the back of the washer which will bring the already huge washer out further. It seems LG know of the problem, but are not addressing it. I always value the opinions on Product Review, and haven't seen this problem before but it seems to be in some other forums. So hoping to fix this tomorrow, and then have a silent washer.

Mrsmac279

Best. Machine. Ever!

JemmDsAU

From Hater To LOVER!

JemmDs

UPDATE: 6/5/16. Still LOVE this machine.
My hubby's greasy fluro work clothes come out virtually spotless & kids gritty clothes clean again.
Still not regretting this machine.

Monaasked

Which program is best for towels?

Renee

I found the standard cotton function and reduce spin speed to 1000 rpm :-)

Reny

Renyasked

We ended up buying this machine about 6 weeks ago from Harvey Norman. We love the size and the quality of the wash, however the hammer noise at the taps is very disturbing and can be heard throughout the house when the machine is going.We have owned 3 front loaders before this one, and have never come across this issue. Another frustration is that our washing does not come out as dry as it did with our old machine which only had a 1000 rpm. We set the LG to 1400 rpm but the washing comes out heavier and wetter than my old machine. I have contacted LG who will send out a technician, however they advised me that if he/she does not find a fault, then we will be charged. ...how can that be? I am not calling them out for fun. I have a legitimate concern about the machine. Seems I may be better off insisting on a refund at Harvey Norman and trying another one.
Appreciate if anyone can advise on this

Debra

I would ask for a full refund. There has been a problem with these machines for years. We were told to try a water hammer arrestor but the problem still persisted. We have a few LG products which have been great, but when there is a known problem the product should be recalled. We upgraded to Miele and am extremely happy. Good luck

Jeannette T
Jeannette T

I agree with Debra. We also tried the arresters with no luck! I would personally be asking for a refund. Even if they fix the RPM issue, the hammering is a fault within this machine and it'll be something that you'll have to deal with for the length of time you decide to keep the machine for. This is a known fault for this machine that LG haven't bothered to rectify or have recalled. I also changed to the Miele and haven't been happier. The wash is beautiful, leaves my clothes so clean and fresh and the best thing is....... NO HAMMERING!!! Good Luck :)

Marie
Marie

I have the same problem with my LG front loader, had a plumber come out to check that hammer noise throughout the pipes and was told it was the restricter on my hot water system, replacing this would fix it. At $250 ea, I still haven't replaced them. I also have the same problem with the clothes coming out quite wet, was told that these machines don't spin as fast as the top loaders. Wasn't told this at purchase. I have had my machine for a year now and it is high maintenance, need to drain the water from the machine otherwise it gets stale and makes your machine smell, leaving the door open helps but not practical, the rubber around the door needs constant cleaning as it collects lint, hair and any other objects that may be left in pockets, eg: paper, plus it gets mouldy. I have to make do with my machine as I no longer work, but I won't buy another front loader. Very disappointed.

Kaz

Kazasked

Does the machine have a matching dryer??

I don't think so?
I know there's a washer/dryer combo machine in this series though but I prefer 2 seperate units than all in one.
My machine does NOT have the steam wash option like the picture on my review shows.
They don't have a pic of my machine. Ring Harvey Norman & ask them about the dryer??
Good luck :)

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives

Download manual