LG WD1275TC5W

LG WD1275TC5W

laundry laundry laundry

my washing machine is amazing from sheets,towel , delicates and work clothes,Its easy to work ,super quite.
The machine cleans everything the same and delicates are cleaned perfectly.
The cycle times are quick and efficient

Purchased in October 2015 at Bing Lee for $799.00.

Noise Level

Its perfect compact and with all features

I am very satisfied with the product as its compact and does everything well. I have been using it for more than a year now and its working perfectly well

Purchased in November 2017.

Noise Level

Very disappointed, doesn't clean as well as older model

I fell in love with front loaders after using our last LG which eventually needed replacing last year. This direct inverter does such a poor job of washing clothes that I have to run every wash on intensive ( takes ages) and I have to now use a pre-wash stain remover. We are a regular household with teenage kids, sports, and work clothes. It looks like there is hardly any water in it - so it is cleaning more by friction than soaking. Plus our old washing machine had a "hand wash " setting - here the settings are things like "cotton" (OK I understand cotton) "Easy care" "Mix" - who knows what the gentlest cycle is - there is a baby cycle but it's really hot!

So if you are upgrading from the old front loader - you will be disappointed! I prefer my clothes to get a soaking so I will be moving to a top loader when we next upgrade.

Purchased in November 2018.

Noise Level

No gentle wash cycle and total invasion of privacy

I bought this washing machine last week. I can't be more disappointed! The Cotton Eco cycle took 1.5hrs! Isn't it supposed to be faster and more economical than the normal cotton cycle? I then proceeded to do the gentle wash. Only to find that THERE IS NONE! What kind if washing machine doesn't have a gentle wash on the dial?! It turns out, in order to use the gentle wash cycle, you need to download an app onto my phone. Ok, fine, we live in the 21st century. But please explain to me why the app that runs my washing machine need to have access to my social media profile and photos and files on my phone? More importantly why do I need to give my washing machine the permission to make phone calls from my phone??? LG please explain this to me.

Purchased in May 2019.

Noise Level

Well priced, quiet, and it has a 30 minute wash option - great for a front loader!

I've only had the machine a day, but on first use I'm really impressed. Front loaders have come a long way since the first front loader I owned. This machine is quiet, has 7.5kg capacity, and it has many wash options with an appreciated short 30 minute cycle, and the wash cycle can be interrupted, great because I invariably find an odd sock or similar that was dropped in transit to the laundry. As with a previous reviewer, I found the pre cycle stop start action when I first ran the machine a little disconcerting, but if it's weighing the load, it's not an issue. I hope this machine proves to be long lasting; I can say from experience that the more expensive brands don't necessarily guarantee longevity.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys for $571.00.

Noise Level

Excellent washing machine BUT?

Useful settings and controls, quiet compared to our old Samsung and most importantly stable on the floor without vibrations when spinning. Clothes are washed better than ever before!

Annoying filling cycle which after repeated contact with LG support has not been convincingly resolved. On initial start up of a cycle the water valve opens for 1 sec then shuts for 1 sec then repeats this annoying behaviour for at least 6 times until normal filling is started.

During the clack , clack of the opening and shutting of the water valve no more than a cup or so of water can possibly enter the machine as a result!

Support claims this is normal but their lack of good English is a hurdle to get them to understand. I realise its natural for front loaders to fill a little and balance or measure the load and fill again and maybe fill again until they have the correct amount of water for the wash but certainly this behaviour would not even wet the clothes at all.

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $597.00.

Noise Level

LG Front loader - "Not a whole lot of shakin going on"

Well that is how some front-loaders behave - shakin and jumpin, but not this LG WD1275TC5W
Rock solid - on a timber frame floor we expected it to possibly move and certainly resonate, but thanks to the additional vibration absorbing feet ( purchased online from an independent supplier -see below*) we have had no movement or noise from this new washer.
Features we like are the easy to follow front panel and the moderate water use ( 4 star 77 l). And the range of 13 wash cycles offered. There are also 'delay end' so you can set the wash to delay the washing cycle - useful if you want to wash to take advantage of cheap electricity at off-peak times, and 'time save' to reduce the length of some cycles if you have lightly soiled clothes.
I have had front loaders for a long time and like the way they wash. This one is simple to use and quiet running.
Moving to a new home we checked out the latest models and for our needs this LG proved excellent value for price giving us a load capacity of 7.5kg in a compact space saving cabinet.
We have a 2 year warranty as standard and our supplier installed it carefully making it was properly leveled.and removed the old top loader that was leaking and 15 years old.
Always use a good detergent suitable for front loaders and don't think more is better when it comes to detergent. • If too much detergent is used, too many suds can occur and this will result in poor washing results or cause a malfunction. Softener or bleach can also be added using the convenient detergent dispenser drawer.
Child lock and beeper on/off are provided. This one does have a more melodic end of wash sound than previous models so it is not annoying.
This model is also equipped with technology that allows information to be accessed by smartphone for adding extra cycles and diagnostics. Not sure if I want to give my machine a nickname, but I can if I am so moved!
* the anti vibration feet are not the anti-slip pads supplied. These rubber over shoes that slip on the metal feet were mentioned in the LG handbook, but not available at their service centre, We bought on ebay from Sydney.
LG WASHING MACHINE WASHER DRYER ANTI VIBRATION FEET 4620ER4002B

All in all, we are very happy with this LG WD1275TC5W. Hope it goes for 15 years!

Date PurchasedDec 2018