LG WD14070D6

LG WD14070D6

See the Best Front Loading Washing Machines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Joeeeee

Joeeeee

$1400 lemon! dud! Rubbish!

Purchased in February 2014.

bunny2705

bunny2705Samford, Queensland

A great washing machine

Date PurchasedMay 2014
Matthew B

Matthew BMelbourne

Excellent size and cleaning capabilities.

As our family has grown so has our needs for a reliable and large washing machine capable of doing multiple loads in succession. This has been spot on for us. Large enough to do bed sheets but quiet enough to run and not wake the new baby. The settings can be a little complicated however the ability to create a favourite cycle has been the way to go. Definitely recommend.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Disastrous - Avoid at all costs

This washer has the most annoying song it sings when the cycle is finished, but you can't get your clothes out for some time after that. There is no actual indication of when you can get your clothes out and if you try to early, it just stays locked. Have had to redo the rinse cycle on several occasions just to get it to unlock. Worst feature and I definitely would not recommend.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Kbgray

KbgraySouth-Eastern Region, NSW

3 years constant use and still all good

We weren't sure what machine to buy for reliability but settled on this one partly for its size and direct drive. So far it is washing perfectly and there has been no maintenance after 3 years. However if any maintence issues occur I will be quick to let you know as the machine is an expensive item.

Date PurchasedApr 2014

jkefa

jkefaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

First Frontloader after a lifetime of top loaders

Damaged clothing

Rina

RinaRooty hill

Worst results ever

vanessaPerth W.A

Need help

Hi when ever i put my washers on cotton wash it goes out of balance on the last spin so i move the clothes around or take somethings out or add things as the book said to do this and still will not spin in the end i take the clothes dripping as i tryed for 2 days to get it to spin. If someone can help as i have only had it for 4 months and has been doing this for the last month and lg tells me there is nothing wrong with it. If someone can help that would be good thanks

now it is doing it on every wash NOT HAPPY

Dougaroo

DougarooSydney, Australia

Great Value - Great Performance

Kymsydney

10kg front loader

I've never owned a front loader before. Very impressed with how quiet it is. Some of the cycles are quite long but there are quick options available too if your washing isn't too dirty. There is a huge choice of wash programs and lots of extra options you can control too - water temp, number of rinse cycles, pre-wash....My favourite is the time delay. Long wash times don't matter when you can program the machine to wash over night
it's quiet, easy to use and has lots of options so you can find a program that is just right for you and your washing
10kg capacity is great but on all but the most basic of wash cycles, a much smaller load size is recommended (only 3kg for some)

LeaY
LeaY

Has your unit (10kg Front Load LG Washing Machine WD14070D6) got hot & cold water inlets? Once I know for sure, then I can get one.

Yes it does have both

L_MerePerth

Best washing machine I've owned

Gajdm04
Gajdm04

hello, can i ask how much you paid? have been watching this model for a few months, as its only new. so far its positive.

Hi, I paid $1479 from Appliances Online

Suncoaster

SuncoasterSunshine Coast

When it is not eating my socks it is a good machine. 2 warranty repairs in 6 months.

Leanne - Sydney
Leanne - Sydney

Cattie

CattieBrisbane

Excellent product

Love many things about this machine. It's my first front loader, but it does everything I want and more. Love the short 1hr and 30 minute washes, and love how it detects size of load and sets time of wash accordingly. Very surprised at how quiet it is when it washes, esp when it spins. Happy with the 10kg size. As the salesman says you can always do a smaller load, but you have the big size it you ever need it. We bought it when the twins were born and we must do at least 2 washes a day and it's holding up great!
Variety of wash choices, quiet, cleans clothes, very reliable
I don't like the delayed finish timer, and delayed start option would be better

avmtui2000AU

So glad we bought this machine

We have never owned a front loader washer before, so happy we switched from the top loader. You will see how much cleaner your clothes are, uses less water! Also very easy to operate. It's super quiet... It has a quick 30 cycle which I love and its gentle on your clothes.
Easy to operate

avmtui2000

5 years on and this machine is still firing on all cylinders. I have an active family, so this machine has been working up to 5 loads a day many times it has a load going everyday! We have had it serviced for a good clean etc... but no problems.

vanessaasked

Carmel
Carmel

Hi Vanessa
The exact thing was happening to me after only 7 months after puchasing this washer. After 2 service calls, I was told that they could do nothing else as my floor was not solid concrete and therefore unbalanced. In the end LG agreed to give me a store credit and I have now changed my LG for an ASKO W6564 which I absolutely love. Good Luck.

vanessa

My floor is concrete and it was working fine up until month to month half ago. i will keep fighting them about it. my hubby have look at the level on a spirit level so the level is fine
Thanks Carmel

Hi Vanessa.
It worked for the first 3 months and now it goes out of balance. If you are doing everything the same as before, it suggests a machine fault. Mine doesn't do it.

Don't let LG dismiss your complaint and say "that there was nothing wrong with the machine". The machine is still under warranty and failing to perform the tasks for which it was sold.
You should call LG back and demand to speak to the customer service manager.

Tell them if they don't fix the machine at their expense, you want a full refund. If they do not fix it or do not refund your money report the matter to the consumers authority in your state.

In the late 80's I had a similar issue with a Hoover. 1 month past warranty it stoped working
Hoover told me told I would have to pay a call out fee plus parts costs as it was out of warranty.

I spoke to their manager, he apologised and arranged for a mechanic to come out and fix it and to replace any parts, at no cost to me.
Good luck

free_hugs

free_hugsasked

Does anyone have any feedback after owning their machine for more than a couple of months? I'm getting one of these machines after owning a 10kg Samsung that stopped working and would like to hear how others feel after using the machine over a long period of time. Thanks

Consumer-S

Hi free_hugs (can I have one, I sure could do with it).
Please read my review titled-
'Great Frontloader. Excellent Performer' posted 7 May, 2014. At the time that I wrote the review I had owned the machine for twelve months.

I upraded from my old machine which was a 7kg LG, which I had had for 8 years. It developed a couple of minor repairable problems, but by then I needed the extra load capacity of a 10kg machine, so without hesitation I bought another LG washing machine.

Last July 2013, I also bought a new 7kg LG frontloader for a family member as a gift, they have been very impressed with the frontloaders performance (previous machine was a toploader).

I hope this helps.
Regards

Kym

I have had mine a few months now and still love it. The only issue i have had is that towels come out a bit scratchy but we have sorted this out by reducing the spin time - it's not ideal in my books but better than towels that feel like loofahs! I have 2 teenage boys who play a lot of sport so my machine gets quite a bit of use - I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this machine to a friend who was looking to buy a new washing machine

Deb Morgan

Deb Morganasked

Hi - I've just purchased an LG WD14070D6. I'm unsure as to whether this machine actually heats the water and i only need the cold tap turned on or whether I have to have the hot water tap turned on? It doesn't really answer my question in the manual. Many thanks :)

Kym

I am unsure of the answer to this but i think it may do both. I have mine attached to hot and cold taps. I am guessing when i do a cold wash, it just uses cold water and otherwise it uses a mix of hot water and cold water from the taps and heating water when required to get the desired temperature eg if i set the wash temp to 95 degrees, my hot water system isn't heated to anywhere near that temp so i expect the machine must heat the hot water taken from my hot water tap to achieve the required temperature.
As I said I am unsure of the exact answers, I am only making assumptions. I tend to just set the machine to what i want it to do and assume it does it without really thinking about how LOL!
If you want to be 100% certain of the correct answer i would suggest you try emailing LG customer service. i have done this on one occasion since I purchased the machine and they replied promptly and with very useful information

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives