LG WD14070SD6

LG WD14070SD6

See the Best Front Loading Washing Machines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

anralusa

anralusaIllawarra, NSW

4 and a half years old and rusting out

Whilst this is an excellent washing machine after 4 and a half years the cabinet is rusting out under the drum. It makes the 10 direct drive warranty redundant as it and the drum will be sitting on the floor at this rate. At least it lasted longer than the 18 month old rusty Ariston it replaced. Like I said apart from that it’s an excellent machine, but I think I’ll buy something else to replace it. ** Edit. Product review sent me a message saying that LG would like a chance to look at my complaint before I posted it. I said fair enough. It’s been 10 days and I have contacted LG via here, Facebook, their website and not one word. I’ll be going to fair trading as this machine is not fit for purpose.

Date PurchasedAug 2014

AnthiaP

AnthiaP

This machine is a Lemon

Clothes are always full of lint, very disappointed will never buy an LG washing machine again. It's ruining my clothes... Clothes are not being washed properly and clothes that are new have been ruined. have Tried contacting LG customer care but keep on getting ignored nobody ever calls you back. have sent emails but again no response

Date PurchasedAug 2014

My machine wont unlock

I bought this machine about a year ago. No issues with its general operation but although the manuals tell you how to open it while in operation, mine took 20 mins to unlock, last night, once turned off (stupidly left my mobile phone in my trousers). LG dont seem to understand or care I have a faulty machine and just keep saying its a safety feature so it cant be opened while in use. Yes obviously but once you turn it off, you shoukd be able to open it quickly, shoukd the need arise. What happens if a pet or child gets inside a machine and you need to open it, in an emergency? Death is the answer. Honestly last night it took me 20 mins for it to auto unlock and now I need a new phone.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Badger Qld

Badger QldQld, QLD

Great machine

Huge 10kg drum. Washes clothes really well. Fantastic on water consumption, small loads - adjusts water accordingly. Quiet in operation.
No problems with any of the types of wash options.
A "Just Spin" option would be handy. (Only a rinse & Spin available)
All in all a great washing machine.
Thoroughly recommend this machine

ann davey

ann daveyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

BRILLIANT

couldn't live without it. i love it. its brilliant best washer I've ever had. I've had 5. This is the best & it does dooners its hot black sexy colour. It works great. Sad its discontinued. Stupid move on LG part if u ask me. This machine is the best on the market

Michael H

Michael HSydney

Well build and functional machine, but rough on clothes

Date PurchasedJul 2014

Mvic

Mvicmelbourne

Very good appliance

We purchased our machine about 1 month ago and we have been very happy with this washer. It was definitely a great idea to get a 10kg washer. It is great to be able to wash doonas at home. The only thing I would change is an option to steam wash at a hotter temp as 50 degrees does not seem hot enough to kill bugs also there doesn't appear to be a cancel function which is disappointing. Otherwise we're very happy with our choice.

CynnieB

CynnieB

Great machine for those with dermatitis or skin problems

Most front loaders leave your clothes full of suds because they use so little water. That's why towels etc come out stiff and scratchy, they're not rinsed properly! I don't know why people think that a water-wise washing machine is such a good thing. I had a F & P front loader that used so little water it couldn't dissolve the washing powder! White lumpy stains all over the "washed" clothes. This machine allows you to choose up to 4 rinses, which really helps me with my son's dermatitis which is exacerbated by the harsh detergents left in clothes after being washed. Also the steam function allows for a lot less detergent to be used to clean the clothes.

Kerlee

KerleeQueensland, 4215

Replacing

I am about to replace my LG Steam Washer/Dryer combo. After each use always have to get tweezers and dig out lumps of compressed fluff from the water jet above door and from the holes in seal. The drum, seal and door get smothered in fluff. Machine gets (worryingly) excessively hot when used as dryer and takes forever. I will miss the refresh cycle and the machine's good looks. Haven't really used the steam function otherwise.

Love this machine

I never thought I could be so in love with a washing machine! It does everything I could ever want! It sh*ts all over my fisher and paykal which recently blew up after 4 years. Thorough, efficient clean with big capacity. You can soak, add clothes mid cycle and fully customise your wash. Makes washing a pleasure
Thorough, big capacity, fully customizable, can add items mid cycle
A little wider than standard machines

lil
lil

Do you have any issues with movment?? As my old lg walked and im hesitant to buy lg for this reason...

erinabc123

No movement at all, even have our very light dresser resting on top of the machine and it doesnt move at all

Dryer! Not dresser! Sorry

Washing Machine fit for a single bloke

After refusing to get my old Samsung front loader repaired for the third time I need a new do it all hassle free washing machine. The 10Kg LG Truesteam hit the mark. First off the large capacity was great especially as it allows me to wash bigger loads, less often. When I have a shirt or pants that I have only worn once before the steam refresh wash is the greatest thing a guy like me needs. It has continually proven itself as it gets smells out of the garment and no ironing needed. Plus the direct drive is silent when I do my late night washing.
Energy Efficient, Large capacity without the bulk

Anthia

AnthiaSydney

LG 10kg Direct Drive Front Loader is a LEMON

This is my second front loader and this is a new machine but it leaves lots of lint, I am not happy is there anything that can be done, I was told this is a great machine very disappointed think I bought a lemon. Takes ages on steam wash 2hrs & 42 mins and leaves a lot of lint on the clothes
Energy efficient / supposed to be reliable
Leaves lint on the clothes

Jean68AU

A great machine.

albertSydney

It is so quiet machine

I use to have anther wd lg 1433rd and recently baring sill was gone so we decided to buy new one and get this one repaired and give it to friend or family.
I fixed and cost me 73.00 part only.
but this its beast machine we bought so far LG WD14060SD6
my wife loves it.
Quiet and hassel free

LG
LG A.LG

So great to hear, Albert!

MikeHopeasked

I have had the WD14070SD6 for a couple of weeks and it seems pretty good.

One thing I find lacking is documentation giving detailed descriptions of all the cycles and options. E.g. how is the medic rinse different from adding a steam wash to a cycle? The manual only gives very brief descriptions. Do you have more details you can provide? Some extra doco on the rinsing would be nice too. E.g. why are there so many additional rinses available? Does this mean that that the normal cycle does not give much of a rinse (this is my first front loader so not too familiar with how well a FL rises compared to top loader given they use much less water)?

erinabc123

This is a failing of the machine, I have assumed there is limited information on the washes because they are so customisable, the length/water usage etc alters the data. I have used the single rinse on a number of washes and have been happy with the result. I think the FL are more thorough in their action and that is where the quality of the wash comes from. I had very specific information on my last machine because you couldn't customise the washes at all. I am happy with the length of the cycles and the quality of the wash from this machine. Still only positive things to say about it from me

KathD

KathDasked

Does this machine have it's own ceramic heater for heating the water?

albert

I have no idea what is ceramic heater but it heats up when it work.
thanks

Pam

Pamasked

Hi - I noticed that the post by Anthia says that there is a lot of lint left at the end of the wash. Can this please be explained as I am considering buying this machine and now I'm not so sure. Is this due to incorrect use of the machine or what???

I am not a God
I am not a God

I agree Pam.
we are also now concerned about our pending purchase of this machine, & we are VERY DISAPPOINTED that LG has chosen not to reply to this either, & hide behind their lazy corporate incompetence !

Jean68

Hi Pam, i have just seen your concern on lint. It is now January 14 and i have had my machine since May last year. I do not have this lint problem and am glad to be rid of the lint issue that i always had with my top loader. I do not have any complaints about the machine whatsoever, I am totally happy with my purchase.

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives