LG WD14071SD6

LG WD14071SD6

See the Best Front Loading Washing Machines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Joe

JoeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Didn't live up to initial expectations, reviews and price

Purchased LG 10kg front loader washing machine in 2014 with extended warranty. In mid 2019 had to have the Display PCB assembly replaced and now at the end of 2019 and out of warranty it has become faulty once more. All up with the extended warranty it was a $1600 machine, so very disappointing that after the five years we are looking at replacing the machine. I remember the reviews were good when we purchased it in 2014 but time and numerous reviews have proven the machine to be less than reliable, very expensive and a blight on LG's reputation. Sorry I spent so much on the machine with extended warranty and I will definitely not be purchasing another LG.

Purchased in November 2014.

Bradley Wood

Bradley Wood

Poor design by LG

Poor design has large gap at front seal allowing pens to get stuck in the drum. This has happened twice in the 3 years we have had it. LG will not cover under warranty any foreign objects. Very costly repairs due to poor design. Previous owned a LG front loader lasted 14 or 15 years without missing a beat.

irena a

irena aSydney, NSW

High price, short life

Bought in 2014. Drum spring gone after 5 years. Price quoted to repair it was $500, that's on the top of $130 call out fee we paid for the technician to tell us that it's too expensive to fix and better to buy a new one. LG you don't fail to disappoint. Never again.

Purchased in April 2014 at Bing Lee Physical store for $1,000.00.

Robyn B

Robyn BNicholls 2913, ACT

short life - cannot perform well under it's rated capacity

Purchased in December 2015 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $1,700.00.

Nanny Plum

Nanny PlumGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Pump died after 4 years

Purchased in January 2015 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $2,000.00.

Noise Level

LG have the worst customer service

My washing machine has just died just after 4 years of use. I rang LG and their customer service is terrible. They want me to pay for a service call when the motor is still under warranty! Yes, the motor has a 10 year warranty but they still want me to pay! They make you wait days for approval and I am still waiting for someone to come out to look at my machine. I do not recommend buying any LG products because if there’s a problem they won’t fix it!

Purchased in February 2015 at Harvey Norman Electronics Physical Store for $1,418.00.

Ilian

IlianSouth East Queensland, QLD

No more LG

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Wazza

WazzaSydney, NSW

A Good large capacity front loader

After previously owning an LG 7.5 Kg front loader that lasted 15 Years without one Service call in that time and washed up to 4 adults and 4 Children/Adults over the 15 years until it broke down for the first time , so instead of paying for a repair we scrapped it and bought a New LG 10KG washer back in 2015 I think it was Great for around 2years then stopped working . We contacted LG service and explained the situation Just out of extended warranty by 1 Month they repaired the machine it was just an electronic chip that failed in the control panel LG were so good they honored the expired warranty with no charge at all , thank you LG

Date PurchasedJul 2017
ChanhT

ChanhTCanberra

This Washing machine is good to be used

In general this big washig machine does the job
We have a big family so we need to reduce the washig machine every week
We ised it to wash bigquilt, blanket and all sort of big wash
We webt from 6.5kg samsung frontloader to this washing machine
The washing is clean, have many option to choose from dark wash, to mix to clean . All working well
I found only one problem
Is the cleAn tub. It always stop in mid way due to unblance. Come on- i used clean tub before on the aame surface and all balance
In general it does the job with a 5 years warranty. Need a bit of work with their tb clean

Date PurchasedJun 2016
Concerned

Concerned

Worst purchase I've ever made

Not even 2 years old and my 10kg LG washing machine had already broken down, I was told to throw it as it wasn't even worth the cost to repair. At 12 months it started walking across the floor, now the shaft and bearings had completely worn down... Pretty disappointing for a single person who only did a couple of average loads a week...

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Leah123

Leah123AU

Love it- solid and reliable

Never had an issue with this machine, zero complaints. Great wash, more options than I could possibly use.

Runs quiet, and spins like a dream.

So happy I did my research and purchase machine with equally good reviews.

Will look for a LG again, next time I purchase a machine.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

bree.k.addison

bree.k.addisonNew South Wales, Australia

Problems from the beginning

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Hazza

HazzaSouth East Queensland, QLD

You only get what you pay for.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Peter Cunningham

Peter CunninghamMittagong

I rate this machine as 99% GOOD.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

10 months - that's all it lasted before costing $300 in repairs

Date PurchasedApr 2016
shiba

shibaAU

Very disappointing

I bought this machine in a hurry - big mistake! Doesn't wash well, spin is sometimes accurate, other times it spins way faster than 400rpm! useless for drip dries, Towels are always hard, clothes rarely clean. And it vibrates very badly so anything on it falls off, and the machine will walk across the floor!

Date PurchasedMay 2014

Chris

ChrisSydney

VERY BAD!! Fire hazard! LG worst customer service!

my machine leaked and ruined my laundry! smells like smoke and damages my clothes!
Lg are the worst people to deal with! My machine is clearly a fire hazard!
I am taking this up with fair trading as they are refusing to replace and said they would prefer to fix it! If they find ANY foreign object i wil be CHARGED!!! I have had it for less then 2 years! This machine is very unreliable and unsafe!
NEVER buy Lg again!

Date PurchasedSep 2015

Joy V

Joy VSouth Brisbane

Good machine.

Washes our clothes very well. Very happy with all aspects of machine. Last machine was Asko and I did love it but saved $800 by buying this machine. Asko only lasted 7 years anyway. Most annoying is the clunks when machine is filling. Plenty of different cycles to choose from. Overall very good

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Sandy

SandySouth springvale

Value for money

After having a top loader that didn't wash very well I'm so impressed with this machine it washes great clothes come out really clean I love all the easy functions and settings so simple to use and it's not to noisy .This machine is water efficient and doesn't damage the clothes .

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Andry

AndrySydney

My clothes are worn and towels and stiff and dry!!!!

I am so bummed as I bought it with great reviews but it's killed my clothes! My new fluffy towels are now dry, hard and flat!!!!! I've read the manual used every single option with softener but still nothing!!! After washing new clothes a couple of times they look old and faded! I am really disappointed! I even rang the service centre to see what can be done and why this is happening but weren't helpful! :(

Date PurchasedJan 2016