MPN: WD1408NCW

See the Best Front Loading Washing Machines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Dangerous factory fault

We had this machine for 14 months. After a few months we noticed it tripped the power, then was ok again. It kept happening irregularly, sometimes 2x month, then after we pushed the safety switch back up in the power box outside, it would usually run again. Thought of maybe a lose wire. Then before Easter didn't work at all anymore, power kept getting tripped. Called LG as it was under warranty, and the Electrician came out 2 weeks later, opened it up and said water dripped on the inside from the hose that went into the motor, factory fault, and dangerous, motor was rusted, too. Everything was rusted. LG took 6 weeks, 13 calls and involvement of Fair Trading to finally give us a store credit as model was discontinued and we refused a repair as everything was rusted inside. Terrible customer service. We're a family with two kids and pets, unacceptable. Bought a new Bosch washing machine now and had the damaged LG being picked up today.

Purchased in February 2018 at Domayne for $857.00.

Noise Level

Great buy!!

I have had this machine for 6 months and I have never had a problem with it. It’s good quality the washes are very quiet no big vibrations at all.
The machine itself is not cheap in quality and it washes very well. No damage to any garments or clothes.

Purchased in September 2018 at Bing Lee Physical store for $769.00.

Noise Level

Menu screen you cannot read because it is black with no options lit up.

You cannot read the menu because it is not backlit and is black. The bowl is black so you cannot see the stage of the wash. Useless machine if you cannot access new settings - the options the machine provides is limited and does not allow simple things like rinse only since you cannot read the menu. You are supposed to be able to stop the cycle but the menu is so complex you have no idea where in the cycle you are. Hopeless! Technology that is unusable

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Can a washing machine be sexy?

We just bought our first home and so naturally a few things have broken in the lead up to our big move which included our trust washing machine! I did a lot of online market research and finally decided to settle with the LG WD1408NCW 8kg Front Load Washing Machine..... and I think I’m in love!
I highly recommend this washing machine to who ever reads my review, I barely hear the machine do it’s magic and honestly my clothes come out smelling better and feel cleaner after a single wash. The only small fault this machine has is that there is no spin only cycle which I believe you can download once have the product connected to the Smart ThinQ app via WiFi ut in saying that I also believe it’s not needed because the regular cycles do such a great job in the included spins that your clothes don’t come out soaking wet.
Great job LG!

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Broke after 4 months

It was working ok up to the 5 month mark. Nothing remarkable but functional. During a cycle a metal ring holding the seal in place came off twisted and ruined my clothes and the seal. It has taken 1 month so far for LG to not do anything except lie to us. It has been a nightmare, would not recommend this machine or LG.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

It's rubbish and dangerous

Not even 3 months old already had the service tech out (took a week to turn up) as was tripping the power out and has just started doing it again 2 weeks after it was fixed the 1st time,
More inconvenience than it's worth and is dangerous as it's tripping the breaker box,
LG customer service is pretty poor also

Date PurchasedJul 2018

It is okay

It does clean well and offers a variety of cycles. Only criticism I have is the large amount of water remains on the rubber door seal that wets clothes as you take the clothes out. It occurs all the time and has been a little annoying since I have to grab a dry towel or paper towel and wipe the rubber door seal before taking any washed clothes out.

Date PurchasedAug 2018