LG WF-T552TH

LG WF-T552TH

How to buy the best washing machine

Read now

3.6

Greg

GregSydney

Super reliable LG

Bought my LG WF-T552C twelve years ago. My wife uses it several times per week and it has never required any service or repair.
    Previous machine with a large agitator stretched clothes and created wear - LG is much gentler on our clothes.
    Providing the machine is not over loaded it does a great job of cleaning the wash.
    Next washing machine will definitely be an LG.

Date PurchasedOct 2005

had this machine for years from new never had a problem

only two people in house , cleans the clothes extrtemely well ,the machine has not damaged of our clothing , this machine is no louder than any other machine that i have ever owned , I love the fact it has no big agitator in it for the clothes to get caught around

Date PurchasedFeb 2008

Bad

Never will I get another one, it blocks up all the time and now the plastic bowl is buggered hence the flooding, every other part of it works fine arhhhhhhhh
    I liked that it was small but still had a good kg capacity for a decent load of washing
    It is unbalanced all the time and now flooded the house out because it has smashed the outer plastic bowl that encloses the steel bowl I have had it for three years and not impressed!!!!!!!!!!.

Top Loading Washing Machines

Find out how LG WF-T552TH compares to other Top Loading Washing Machines

freespirit

freespirit

OK

This washing machine is OK for the price however it is rough on the clothes and will pull more delicate items like singlets and cotton t-shirts out of shape, even on the delicate cycle. The melody indicating what stage of washing the machine is up to is informative but gets a bit annoying after a while! I will probably choose a different brand the next time I buy a washing machine.
    Quiet, stainless steel drum, no agitator makes it easy to add and remove clothing, cheap price. Digital programming, delay timer.
    Tends to get unbalanced, spin cycle is quite rough and can stretch clothes out of shape.

Good

As set out above, I have had little time to give a good assessment of the machine. I haven't had problems with tangling or actions available on the machine. I wash twice a week, being single my washes are typical, bed clothes, underware, towels etc. I'm happy at the moment.
    Bought privately recently. So far good wash results compared with previous machine (made in China). I'll make another review i 6 months time. (Paid $150)
    Nothing so far,

Terrible

Really really bad washing machine, not to mention bad service from LG, my mums washing machine is still going strong and its 25 years old!
    Nice looking washing machine, very quiet and cheap.
    Very harsh on clothing, out of balance when spinning, Used it only approx 2 times a week, had it for 3 years (ONLY), then gearbox blew up! . . .It was almost cheaper to buy a new one then have it repaired, broght a different brand this time, will never buy LG again.

Lianax3

Lianax3

I loved this machine and highly reccomend it. As soon as my other one blows up I am going back out to get one of these.
    Where do i start- not a bad price, no agitator so you can fit so much more in, easy to clean lint fiters, lots of functions and nifty features like delay start ( that way you can set it up and get it to start just before you get home from work or when you wake up) cool lid design and button system, bells to let you know what stage it's at.
    Nothing- except i had to part with it in property settlement :(