See the Best Top Loading Washing Machines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Not many good features...

This machine is absolutely cavernous when you open the lid. I can fit 2 full sets of bed sheets in there for a wash which is wonderful after our last 7.5kg washing machine, the only issue is that it takes 2.5 hours to wash them and they come out so crushed that I literally have to iron them after line-drying them to have them look acceptable on the bed. The 'Air Spin' feature that is the standard spin cycle on the standard cotton wash spins the contents of the machine for about 45 minutes, wasting energy and squishing them into an obliviated mess around the edge of the machine, and you CAN'T CHANGE THE SPIN cycle on the standard wash. It's destroy or nothing.

I've discovered that the only way to get a wash cycle that doesn't take too much time is to select 'quick wash' and change every settings. Water level, wash cycles, rinse cycles and spin. BUT! You can only use the lower 2 spin cycles on this setting, which are also abysmal, so I have to set the load on a separate spin cycle, that isn't 'still waterlogged' or 'absolutely destroy' when it's done. Strike 1.

The control panel along the front of the machine is extensive and somewhat confusing. There seems to be a lot of options, however when you actually get down to it there's really very little choice. Most built-in washing cycles aren't suitable for use as they either take too long or don't even cover the clothes in water, and they don't allow you to change much, so overall there's lots of buttons with little use.

They also changed the panel compared to previous models. Instead of being a push-down feel, it's a 'touch' sensor, except the sensor is pretty abysmal. I end up pressing the same button many times before it registers, which is frustrating, but the most annoying thing is that because this machine is so big, you have to lean on the instrument panel to reach the bottom of the machine to redistribute clothes when it's off balance (which happens often), which means you end up pressing random buttons with your chest and resetting a wash cycle half way though. It's a really bad design feature to put touch-sensor controls along the part that you lean on to get into the machine. Strike 2.

The last issue is the lint filter. It's not removable like previous LG washers. I've googled and looked at the instructions and it seems the only way to remove SOME of the lint is to take the drain plug out of the BACK of it. It's a humungous 10kg washing machine and they expect it to me MOVED every time you want to clean the lint filter...? Again, not real smart. Strike 3.

Overall this machine has been a massive disappointment after owning a 7.5kg LG for 6 years previously and loving it. The only plus I can think of is that it washes the clothes fairly well, but you can get that with many other washing machines without all the headaches listed above.

Purchased in August 2018 for $1,199.00.

Noise Level

Worst Washing Machine Ever!!!!

Purchased from Harvey Norman in December, this machine is a major disappointment! Constantly off balance even though the machine has been levelled. The water level is always too low and I am having to constantly adjust this which means I can only wash when I am home to manage it. So much for the time delay start, I’m too scared given the balance and water level problems. Tub clean 9 hours and 6 minutes!!!! No wonder my electricity bill has gone through the roof since buying this machine. I bought a 10kg machine to wash blankets and doonas, every time I’ve tried the machine won’t spin them and keeps defaulting back to start washing again! Disgusted that LG are allowed to continue to sell this machine. I’m off to Fair Trading as this is certainly not right! Do not buy this machine!!!

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman for $900.00.

Noise Level

Absolutely regret buying, devastated to say the least!

Purchased in April 2019 and bought concierge good guys extended warranty. Ridiculous water levels constantly need adjusting. I do 3 rinses and still get some lint or something on the clothes! Tub clean is 7hrs! I am devastated. I would like a complete refund so I can actually buy a washing machine that does what it’s supposed to, I would never have purchased had I known how terrible it was! I think I’ll be speaking with fair trading as a refund is needed. LG can’t even help me get this stupid WIFI symbol off!

Purchased in April 2019 for $1,200.00.

Noise Level

its been long time and working great.

having kids we wash cloth very often, i have noticed that total load of wash has been reduced and water consumption is also.. with that ele consumption. its easy programmed and not difficult to use. most difficult is drying this many cloths at a time on cloth-line. ;-) , internet connectivity help a bit too..

Purchased in June 2018 at The Good Guys for $899.00.

pleased

pretty large washing machine, bought it online and wasnt aware of the size.
Its pretty good for family laundry and can easily be programmed to adapt to the type of load
I havent used the smart features yet

Purchased in September 2018 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store.

Worst washing machine

We brought this washing machine 12 months ago. The clothes come out with soap on them. The water level has to be manually adjusted. Takes 2 hours a load.Have called LG and where we brought it from and no one rings back. Had a repairman come to look at it. He told us just to keep manually adjusting it and contact the Good Guys. Worst washing machine and services I have ever come across. Still and ongoing issue.

Purchased in April 2018 for $898.00.

Noise Level
Hi Leonie, We are sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with your LG product. Could you please private message us your contact details so we can discuss your concerns further? LG Electronics Australia Customer CareHi thanks for your reply i would love to actully spreak to someone who would like to listen my phone number is 0411562204 or my email is leocacro@yahoo.com. This hs been going on for months

Some concerns

I have some concerns about this machine. I have to stand on a foot stool to reach items at the bottom. It does take a long time to do a load but with a 10 kilo load, I am doing less. My main concern is that the water levels it decides on -they are too small. I have to wait for it to decide how much water to use and then manually increase it, often by a third, to cover the clothes. I cannot set the water level manually.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Loads take way too long

This machine takes way way too long to finish a load.
Averagely a wash with 2 rinses will take 1 hour and 30 to 45 minutes.
It’s quick wash option only allows for a tub load of setting 4 which might be sufficient enough for a very small amount of clothing. it’s honestly absolutely pathetic. It takes me days to complete my washing, by the time I’m done I have 4 loads piled up again.

I also don’t find it cleans the clothes really well, I have 2 young boys and almost everything that comes on their clothes ends up staining. Doesn’t seem to get rid of any type of residue that should be removed easily.

After only 6 months I’m planning on selling it.

On the positive side the machine looks nice, is very quiet and seems to be very sturdy with zero rocking. The 10 kg capacity is awesome. But personally all means nothing when it doesn’t clean good enough and takes forever.

Best top loader

I am so happy with this product purchase. It was built just to fit nicely in the laundry space in my new home. The washes are great. the features are excellent and user friendly. The choices of stings is awesome and I love the water saving option. Energy rating is reasonable.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Great Results

We replaced another new machine that couldn't do the job with this 10kg LG washer.
It gets a lot of use at my place.
My wife is a chef and gets through large amounts of chef clothes and my son is a tradie and his stuff gets very dirty.
This machine copes with everthing with ease.
Lots of useful settings and washes well.
If you are looking for a larger machine this is a great option.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Impressed so far (early days)

I don't usually write a review this close to a purchase... but hey, I can always edit later LG :)
It is quiet, easy to set up, lots of settings but easy to understand even without reading the manual, the layout is logical...meaning it makes sense.
No sign of lint, it goes through the cycles without bouncing around the floor.
I found the set up easy and straight forward. The 4 stars for power and water where the selling point for us on this one, both are rising in cost each year in Australia and the highest you can get (with a low purchase bill) is obviously now a important factor. Brilliant for a really big items. Like I said in another review, LG whitegoods seemed to have picked up their quality, the unit is maid in Thailand, something that normally makes me nervous, but from what I can see from the underside the workmanship of the internals is on par with some of the cheaper EU built units. Time will tell but 5 stars, I'm happy. Inverter motor makes sense for power saving, the smartphone features are actually handy.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Loading capacity

With our machine being a 10KG machine is the supposed loading weight 10kg of dry clothes or wet clothes or full to the brim?
Would be good if the machine was manufactured with a built in weight indicator.
In an attempt to save electricity the built in start system is great.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Its quiet, it doesn't rearrange furniture and it cleans clothes

My old 9.5kg washer packed it in after 10 years of service. I went straight to market looking for a machine that washed quickly (so no front loader was in the market) and could take the washing for a family of 4. I pinpointed the LG for size and relatively low water usage.
My wife was a bit gobsmacked at the colour, but was pleased by the interface on the console as the buttons are at the front. I hear you all screaming, my kids are gunna touch that, but you can lock the console. We were a little bewildered at the wifi logo on the machine as well. As it turns out you can activate it from your home network or from a phone. It will also communicate and tell you how long is left to go and when it has finished doing what its doing. I hear so what, but the machine is quiet, and the alarm to tell you its done is a wee bit pretty but not overly intrusive or loud. Being that I am a bloke, I struggle to hear it (only because it means I have to hang whats in there out).
The machine has a glass lid which I was a bit dubious about, but you can see if you have your water levels right (if you want to watch the machine). It does show you when there is dust on the machine though. The only other negative I can think of is that the machine is difficult for the shorter statured people out there to reach all the way to the bottom of the drum, as my wife found out. Nothing a footstool from Ikea didn't sort out. Its a big machine to fit in through doorways too, but once again its not a mobile bit of machinery so by rights you shouldn't really need to move it in and out.
As for wash cycles, the sky is the limit. Plenty of choices and you can see the impact of choices are concerned in the cycle length. You have multiple spin speeds so you can chew as much or as little power as you like when it comes to the final spin. As mentioned its really quiet so doesn't sound like a jet taking off like some spin cycles do.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

The perfect washer!

This washer is the best I have ever had - thorough washing, quick, efficient, energy and water saver, you name it! My family cannot live without it now. The 10kg load is perfect for our family of four. Absolutely no regret in buying amazing washer!