LG WTG6520

LG WTG6520

See the Best Top Loading Washing Machines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Callia Jèan A.

Callia Jèan A.Central Queensland, QLD

Perfect size for price!

Perfect size for our 2-3person household (clothes, sheets, towels). It can handle smaller blankets without the agitator in the middle, which is really handy, and doesn't make a lot of noise. The end chime is a bit unnecessary.
Basic wash cycles average about 1hr, quick wash option is 33min. But can custom set spin, temp, water level, rinse, soil level, and wash times for own needs.

Purchased in November 2019 at Harvey Norman for $675.00.

BKO 3071801

BKO 3071801Far North Queensland, QLD

Great machine

Basic clothing and beddings. Effective machine, functions well. Handles clothes well and cycle times are great. Features/controls are easy to navigate and it functions as stated. Washing comes out excellent.

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys for $500.00.

ddreaming

ddreamingGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Nice machine with a few issues

Purchased in November 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store.

Daniel MCCullough

Daniel MCCulloughPerth, WA

Amazing Washing Machine - Small and compact

This is my first washing machine since moving out of home,

It completely suits my needs (Household of 2 people)

AS it stands now I go through 1 wash a week, this means it is extremely economical for me to use a washing machine like this.

It isnt too loud, and has amazing features such as a quick wash,

My only issue was leveling the damn thing, as it didnt have an inbuilt spirit level

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys Online store for $400.00.

ABE

ABESydney, NSW

LG 6.5 kg washer and lint producer

O bought the LG 6.5 kg top loader & clean the filters after every wash & have followed LG's recommendation on how to reduce lint. Despite all this the machine produces a tremendous amount of lintm which requires some 20 minutes of brushing which still does not remove the lint. LG have not been helpful in dealing with the problem other than by stalling. Not happy.

Purchased in January 2019.

Anup M.

Anup M.South East Queensland, QLD

Awesome product

We have used this machine almost every alternate day , since it is bought. We wash all type of clothes jeans, bedsheets and even blankets. and this machine is doing the job perfectly. Clothes are washed nicely without any scuffs and wrinkles. Easy to use panel with very simple program setup for water and rinse.

Purchased in December 2018 at The Good Guys for $550.00.

Carol

CarolSydney, NSW

Good Washing Machine

I bought the washing machine for my newborn baby. It is good and well designed. I would highly recommend it to my friends who are considering buying a washing machine.

Purchased in October 2018.

Jasmin

JasminSydney, NSW

Easy to use, nice design

Good variety of wash options, the cycle times are pretty good and it's pretty quiet. We use it for everyday clothes, business shirts, sheets, towels, delicates etc and no issues. The only annoying thing is emptying the filters but still works great, just have to get into that habit. I love the little song it sings when it finishes!!

Purchased in December 2018 at Bing Lee for $498.00.

Washing day is clean and effortless

Turbo drum,, inverter 10 yr warranty,,no agitator, smart diagnosis, energy rating good, .Safety/Tempered glass top looks smart.
LG meets my washing needs, very surprised I was able to pop my duvet in.
A gift from my daughter.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Washing day is clean and effortless

Turbo drum,, inverter 10 yr warranty,,no agitator, smart diagnosis, energy rating good, if you do not use the silent program..
LG meets my washing needs, very surprised I was able to pop my duvet in.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

RS8573

RS8573Daylesford

Great, until it started blowing smoke

My previous machine was an LG and lasted 9 years, so I didn’t hesitate to buy another one. This one has been great since I bought it in July 2018, until today when there was a loud popping sound and smoke started pouring out of it. Just lucky I was home to unplug it. It’s now full of water, with no way to empty it, and won’t turn on at all.

Still waiting for the tech to come and look at it, but from the conversation I had with him he wasn’t really surprised. Stay away.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

SueMum

SueMum

Fantastic Washing Machine.

I have been using my LG 6.5kg Smart inverter Top loading washing machine for six months now and have had absolutely no problems. The machine is quiet and the settings are fool proof. It has a soft close lid (glass) that I was initially concerned with but have no qualms now that "soft close" actually means soft close. My clothes come out clean the filters are dead easy to keep clean. This LG though only 6.5kg services myself, my husband and two adult children (who incidentally all know how to operate it). This is a fantastic washing machine.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Colinasked

We have had the WTG6520 for about a month now and have spent a lot of time trying to level the machine to try and stop it vibrating during the spin cycle. Mainly when it is coming up to speed or decreasing in speed. (Maybe this is part of the design and is normal as once it has come up to high speed the vibration is minimal and somewhat acceptable). The instructions indicate to look inside the drum to centre it and adjust the front feet accordingly. The rear feet having no adjustments make it necessary for us to place some non-slip rubber under both rear feet to comply with the installation instructions indicating the allowable slope under the entire appliance is to be less than 1 degree and also to get the drum in the centre. Doing all this the best we can it still vibrates. This is also with no clothes in the machine. With clothes in the machine it does get worse. There are no error codes though.
Anyone else having this problem?
We have looked at the Troubleshooting and ensured that the floor is rigid, all levelling feet are touching the floor, wash load is evenly distributed, and all packing materials have been removed.

Claudiaasked

LG lid issue - My machine is only a few months old and rarely used. The lid has broken and can’t be closed. For a short time I noticed a clicking noise as the lid closed but it would still close properly and it would work. Then one day I opened the lid to find the lid itself had cracked in both corners near the hinge and pieces of plastic had broken off. This prevented the lid from sitting back into place properly therefore it can’t work anymore.

There must be some problem that caused the lid to make that clicking noise, something underneath caught, grabbing, grinding.

Has anyone else had this problem?

The response I had from LG, Betta Electrical and the service people that Betta fobbed me off to was that I broke it myself - Disgraceful attitude. I’m dealing with them appropriately through the Dept of Fair Trading.

But I really want to learn about this problem. Please let me know if anyone has had anything similar.

lynnton

I am sad to read you have a lid problem My machine is washing and I am very satisfied.

Claudia

Anyone else have this problem where the mechanism that closes the lid should move freely and not be stuck?

Colin

Had our machine for a month now and our lid works perfectly, no clicking noise or any grinding. It's very smooth when closing/opening.

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives