LG WTG6520 (6.5 kg)

LG WTG6520 (6.5 kg)

MPN: WTG6520

Washing Machines Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of washing machine would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

4.2

Washes items that tangle easily well but disappointed in reliability.

We use this washing machine to launder cafe aprons and tea towels , so not heavy items. It does this well as there’s no agitator to tangle aprons . But after 18 months level sensor failed. Disappointed.

Purchased in January 2019 at Betta Home Living.

A Tran

A TranSydney, NSW

Love this Washing Machine

We got this for our apartment when we moved in after our wedding. Been using it for almost 1 year and it has been great. Doesn't use too much water. Clothes comes out nice. No issues whatsoever.

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$450.00.

Heidi R.

Heidi R.Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Works great

This small yet powerful washing machine works great. I use it almost daily to do my washing which is usually pretty light. Occasionally it gets blankets. It handles it very well. The cycles are quite long but it does the job. I haven’t had any problems with it so far and hope it lasts for years to come.

Purchased in April 2018 at Harvey Norman Online for A$450.00.

Robin

RobinGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

great for small family

The old one finally broken down after many years. There was a 7.5kg LG washer on sales. but seems too big for a small family 2 people. This one the size is better and save some water.
Have been used for 3 weeks and no problem.
About $10 more expensive than the price on appliance online, but in Goodguy, at least can talk to some one and get some tips of choosing washer.
The delivery guys were in a rush, had to adjust the foot to make the machine more stable.
The lid made some noise when running, other than that, all good .

Purchased in April 2020 for A$669.00.

Denis W.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Fabulous machine

Purchased in April 2020 at Appliances Online.

Denis W.

Thank you Alicia, credit where credit's due. Cheers.

Meli

MeliSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic machine

Fantastic machine with excellent value for money. Big enough to wash duvets, pillows etc. Filters are so easy to clean and really accessible. Lots of functions to choose from hardly any noise.

Jessica

Jessica

Great washing machine

This washing machine is great. No issues at all. Easy to use, the only thing I wish was different is if there was a delicates option but you can alter the spin speed so I guess that’s good enough. But overall I’m happy with my purchase.

Purchased in March 2020 at Harvey Norman.

MJay

MJaySouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely great!

I live alone so this is a perfect washing machine as you can do very little loads but big loads when necessary! Love all the different options... mostly the quick 30 one!
For the price you pay, it’s pretty amazing! The clothes always come out smelling amazing! Not to mention the machine itself is super cute!

Purchased in December 2019 at The Good Guys Online store for A$599.00.

Miss Alison Hughes

Miss Alison HughesSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Perfect purchase.

I love this washing machine. I put all kinds of clothing items through it, never have a problem. The different settings work well, and it washes everything, including delicates. Very happy with my purchase.

Abdullah H.

Abdullah H.Southwest, VIC

This is perfect

I use almost all type of clothes, perfect wash, never disappointed.
Purchased for cheap price
It is worth it i guess
I will recommend this for every one and every type of clothes

Callia Jèan A.

Callia Jèan A.Central Queensland, QLD

Perfect size for price!

Perfect size for our 2-3person household (clothes, sheets, towels). It can handle smaller blankets without the agitator in the middle, which is really handy, and doesn't make a lot of noise. The end chime is a bit unnecessary.
Basic wash cycles average about 1hr, quick wash option is 33min. But can custom set spin, temp, water level, rinse, soil level, and wash times for own needs.

Purchased in November 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$675.00.

BKO 3071801

BKO 3071801Far North Queensland, QLD

Great machine

Basic clothing and beddings. Effective machine, functions well. Handles clothes well and cycle times are great. Features/controls are easy to navigate and it functions as stated. Washing comes out excellent.

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys for A$500.00.

ddreaming

ddreamingGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Nice machine with a few issues

Purchased in November 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store.

Daniel MCCullough

Daniel MCCulloughPerth, WA

Amazing Washing Machine - Small and compact

This is my first washing machine since moving out of home,

It completely suits my needs (Household of 2 people)

AS it stands now I go through 1 wash a week, this means it is extremely economical for me to use a washing machine like this.

It isnt too loud, and has amazing features such as a quick wash,

My only issue was leveling the damn thing, as it didnt have an inbuilt spirit level

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys Online store for A$400.00.

ABE

ABESydney, NSW

LG 6.5 kg washer and lint producer

O bought the LG 6.5 kg top loader & clean the filters after every wash & have followed LG's recommendation on how to reduce lint. Despite all this the machine produces a tremendous amount of lintm which requires some 20 minutes of brushing which still does not remove the lint. LG have not been helpful in dealing with the problem other than by stalling. Not happy.

Purchased in January 2019.

Anup M.

Anup M.South East Queensland, QLD

Awesome product

We have used this machine almost every alternate day , since it is bought. We wash all type of clothes jeans, bedsheets and even blankets. and this machine is doing the job perfectly. Clothes are washed nicely without any scuffs and wrinkles. Easy to use panel with very simple program setup for water and rinse.

Purchased in December 2018 at The Good Guys for A$550.00.

Carol

CarolSydney, NSW

Good Washing Machine

I bought the washing machine for my newborn baby. It is good and well designed. I would highly recommend it to my friends who are considering buying a washing machine.

Purchased in October 2018.

Jasmin

JasminSydney, NSW

Easy to use, nice design

Good variety of wash options, the cycle times are pretty good and it's pretty quiet. We use it for everyday clothes, business shirts, sheets, towels, delicates etc and no issues. The only annoying thing is emptying the filters but still works great, just have to get into that habit. I love the little song it sings when it finishes!!

Purchased in December 2018 at Bing Lee for A$498.00.

Washing day is clean and effortless

Turbo drum,, inverter 10 yr warranty,,no agitator, smart diagnosis, energy rating good, .Safety/Tempered glass top looks smart.
LG meets my washing needs, very surprised I was able to pop my duvet in.
A gift from my daughter.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Washing day is clean and effortless

Turbo drum,, inverter 10 yr warranty,,no agitator, smart diagnosis, energy rating good, if you do not use the silent program..
LG meets my washing needs, very surprised I was able to pop my duvet in.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Colinasked

WTG6520 (6.5 kg)

We have had the WTG6520 for about a month now and have spent a lot of time trying to level the machine to try and stop it vibrating during the spin cycle. Mainly when it is coming up to speed or decreasing in speed. (Maybe this is part of the design and is normal as once it has come up to high speed the vibration is minimal and somewhat acceptable). The instructions indicate to look inside the drum to centre it and adjust the front feet accordingly. The rear feet having no adjustments make it necessary for us to place some non-slip rubber under both rear feet to comply with the installation instructions indicating the allowable slope under the entire appliance is to be less than 1 degree and also to get the drum in the centre. Doing all this the best we can it still vibrates. This is also with no clothes in the machine. With clothes in the machine it does get worse. There are no error codes though.
Anyone else having this problem?
We have looked at the Troubleshooting and ensured that the floor is rigid, all levelling feet are touching the floor, wash load is evenly distributed, and all packing materials have been removed.

Claudiaasked

WTG6520 (6.5 kg)

LG lid issue - My machine is only a few months old and rarely used. The lid has broken and can’t be closed. For a short time I noticed a clicking noise as the lid closed but it would still close properly and it would work. Then one day I opened the lid to find the lid itself had cracked in both corners near the hinge and pieces of plastic had broken off. This prevented the lid from sitting back into place properly therefore it can’t work anymore.

There must be some problem that caused the lid to make that clicking noise, something underneath caught, grabbing, grinding.

Has anyone else had this problem?

The response I had from LG, Betta Electrical and the service people that Betta fobbed me off to was that I broke it myself - Disgraceful attitude. I’m dealing with them appropriately through the Dept of Fair Trading.

But I really want to learn about this problem. Please let me know if anyone has had anything similar.

lynnton

I am sad to read you have a lid problem My machine is washing and I am very satisfied.

Claudia

Anyone else have this problem where the mechanism that closes the lid should move freely and not be stuck?

Colin

Had our machine for a month now and our lid works perfectly, no clicking noise or any grinding. It's very smooth when closing/opening.

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives