LG WTG8521

LG WTG8521

MPN: WTG8521
See the Best Top Loading Washing Machines in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by LG

Debbie G.South East Queensland, QLD

Great digital washing machine. Great capacity.

Have had no issues with damaged clothing or linen. Love this washing machine. Can do hot, warm or cold plus has many other wash cycles, minutes for each wash and 3 levels of spin. Has 2 programs which gives 8 styles of washing. Best machine I have ever owned

LG A.LGSend a private message

Thanks for the 5*, Debbie! We appreciate your review. :)

Elizabeth

I have just received my new LG. I use the cold wash and am so impressed by how the machine operates.

Easy to understand easy to use. Clothes do not wrinkle as much. I use it for all my clothes. Water efficient. Cycle times good but you can change the cycles with ease.

Purchased at The Good Guys Physical store for $1,200.

LG A.LGSend a private message

Thanks for the 5* review, Elizabeth! We appreciate the feedback. :)

marie
marie

perfection, no problems

Usually I wash all general items sheets towels and small blankets included.I find the controls and performance of the washing machine first class,and have had no problems. Delicate washes and cycle times are very adequate.All in all I am very happy with this machine.

LG A.LGSend a private message

Awesome to hear, Marie. Thanks for the review! :)
—Raymond

I love this machine so versatile

I have been using this machine for 3 years and I like the functionality and versatility of the machine. Not to mention it's energy efficiency too.I am a satisfied customer

Purchased in at The Good Guys Physical store.

LG A.LGSend a private message

Thank you for the 4* review, Ana! It's great to hear your a happy customer and enjoying the washing machine. :)

nat
natSydney, NSW

Never buying LG product again/The worst washing machine and worst customer service

Jane M
Jane MSouthwest, VIC

Was expecting the worst from these reviews

Purchased machine from good guys. Came home, read the reviews and cried. I thought, what have I done? Well, the machine has not been a disappointment. It washes fine, clothes aren't overly creased, there has been one occurrence of lint on sheet but not as bad as my old FP. I really love the lint catchers, it's fun to see how much lint has been captured after each wash. I don't use the auto settings, I manually select water level etc. So far I feel relieved. The only downside is that I have heard other washers have a go-to-woah 15 minute cycle. The shortest I can set in this LG is 55 minutes. That's long.

Purchased in at The Good Guys for $799.

Jennifer MargaretSouth East Queensland, QLD

One bad issue one annoying issue

Purchased in for $749.

Jennifer Margaret

Which is better, a heat pump dryer or a condenser dryer?

We put heat pump dryers and condenser dryers head-to-head - comparing factors like drying times, energy efficiency, and cost - so that you can find out which works better for you, your laundry, and your home.

which-is-better-a-heat-pump-dryer-or-a-condenser-dryer

Clara V.
Make staying at home more enjoyable with these products and tips

make-staying-at-home-more-enjoyable-with-these-products-and-tips
Gary E.
Gary E.

Seems to clean adequately but the spin speed is far too slow at 750rpm

Purchased in for $698.

Mark
MarkMelbourne

3 fundamental flaws

Purchased in at The Good Guys.

Joan
Joan

So far, so good

GreyGuru
GreyGuru

Has issues, but hopefully will last.

The rating is partly influenced by our previous LG washing machine, that did a lot of washing, and lasted 20 years. Given that, we decided to stick with this brand.
Pros..
It has a similar method of operation to the previous machine, and washes quite well.
Cons..
1 .. At times, the automatic filling process does not appear to put sufficient water into the machine for the weight/volume of items. This could explain why some reviewers have mentioned damage to clothes. To solve this we manually set the fill level.
2 .. As has also been mentioned, the filters are fiddly to remove, and re-install.

But, all is forgiven if we get another 20 years!

Exhausted

Not so magic lint filters and LG customer care ... not

Purchased in at The Good Guys for $840.

Bookworm62
Bookworm62Perth, WA

LG very poor service

W@e bought a LG top loader washing machine one of the filters broke contacted LG about the part gave details to them we will send a new part 7-10 days after nearly two months nothing have rang several times no response hopeless do not buy LG products

Purchased in at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Bathroom & Tiles.

Waste of money! Terrible product

Absolute waste of money, doesn't clean clothes properly and the tub clean function actually creates more work as the build up behind the bowl ends up in the bowl that you have to also clean. The filters are the worst and cannot get them clean no matter how long I spend soaking or scrubbing. I've had to wash a load of washing up to 3 times just to clean it and after a tub clean cylce the gunk just continues to come out on the clothes. This is total waste of money! I had a technician out who wasn't helpful. I should have just spent the extra money on a speed queen as the service I have gotten from LG and they repairer is less than adequate!!

Purchased in at Harvey Norman for $900.

The5ofus
The5ofusIllawarra, NSW

Do not buy

Have had for almost a year, at around the 6 month mark, I started noticing brown scum on the clothes after a completed wash cycle.
I clean lint filters regularly and run tub cleans, yet the brown stuff keeps appearing on our clothes.
The machine has 2 year warranty and LG are telling me it’s not a manufacturer’s fault. I know I am not a fault.
I am waiting for a service call, I will update after the technician looks at my machine.

Purchased in at Harvey Norman for $700.