LG WTG6532W (6.5kg)

LG WTG6532W (6.5kg)

MPN: WTG6532W

Washing Machines Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of washing machine would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

2.9

Not happy with this 6.5kg new model LG machine.

We have had this 6.5 kg LG machine for only 3 months and our clothes are not cleaning well and come out stretched, badly tangled and torn with holes. We are extremely disappointed with this machine. Our previous Fisher & Paykel that lasted 20 yrs was so much better, but our mistake was that we bought this LG model which we are now regretting very much. This machine is ruining our clothes.

Purchased in February 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$1,010.00.

Noise Level
LG
LG A.LG
vinod

vinodSydney, NSW

Great washing machine

Great washing machine. Have been using it for almost a year without any problem. Cleans well and has many functions like soak, delicate wash, quick wash, quiet wash, tub clean and air dry. The glass top lid gives it a great look and it is not too noisy. Since it is agitator-less, it can accommodate more clothes and feels more than 6.5 kg capacity. It is big enough for our family of four (2 adults and 2 children).

Purchased in June 2018.

Noise Level
Rmma770033

Rmma770033

it is OK,founction

clear cover,less noise than my previous one. Not clean well, but reasonable. some clothes I have to sork it and hand cleaning. One thing I don’t like it, when I chose cold water only, the system still go hot water and cold water.over all , the machine is functional, I paid 500 aus dollars for it.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

mobe7759

mobe7759AU

Avoid like the plague

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Jbeverly

JbeverlyPerth, WA

Good Washing Machine

It cleans Well and does not wear out or Damage any clothes, can be quite loud at times and it has the quick wash function which is handy, Favorite feature is that you can add on more by just pausing and adding more washing.
The only problem is it tends to make loud banging noise if the machine is full, especially while washing heavy towels and Bed sheets, have to pick the right washing mode for every clothing, apart from that it is a great machine.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Emily

EmilySouth East Queensland, QLD

Good not perfect

It clean the close only if I wash with warm or hot water ‘it is a very quiet machine overhaul it rinse and spin dry just fine ,it’s very compact fits in a small place perfect for a unit ,looks good and I also like the glass within the lid

Date PurchasedApr 2015
Terrence

Terrencethcain@iinet.net.au

Works well enough.

Cleans items quite well.
Tangles and twists items significantly more than the old LG front loader, but that goes with a top loader choice.
Was quiet initially and then the solenoid for pump diversion became very noisy, has since quietened down somewhat.
Very easy to configure for a large range of loads.
Favourites seems to be the main usage for a 58 minute total using warm wash with extra rinsing and 60% water levels.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Elle

Elle

Worst don't buy

It won't clean your clothes you have to wash everything 4/5 times worst waste of money ever only bought it 3 weeks ago and already looking for a new one as it's driving me crazy don't waste your money buy something else that will wash spin and clean your clothes

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Boadi

BoadiAdelaide

Absolutely Fabulous!

My washing just feels really clean and fresh with minimum wrinkling. The machine makes minimum noise. Various programs including a quick wash which is still very thorough. For those rainy days it has an air dry program for up to 90 minutes just getting as much water out as possible.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

KiaraLee

KiaraLeeMaryvale

Perfect A++

It is very cool, quiet , no agitator washes well. I like how it uses very little water and it is also programmable so you can just press a button and go on your way. Our clothes are spun to near dry which cuts down the drying time
Highly recommend!

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Candice

Candice

Great price for a great machine

This machine is awesome, not only is it well priced but the quality is great. The machine does a very thorough wash and i like that the settings are easy to navigate but at the same time offer a variety of wash cycles and even does a delayed button which is super cool

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Steve

SteveMELBOURNE

Perfect for a small family

We purchased this product as our old Hoover washing machine finally broke after almost 15 years. We purchased the 6.5kg version to accommodate for when we have a big load of bed sheets etc which works well as it doesn't have a central agitator and more room for them to wash and not get tangled on it. It plays a little song when the clothes are finished which is handy so you know when its ready to get them and not just switching between wash cycles. The main preset buttons we use are 'normal' 'delicates' and 'duvets' and all seem to wash really well. This washer is perfect for a small family. Hope this review helps.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Louise

LouiseBerwick

Disgusting

Leaves lint on black, white & coloured clothes. Does not spin towels properly. Patchy areas of garments that have not got wet during cycle. Oily marks appear after a wash & does not remove easy stains. Had to bucket water into machine & LG customer service does not exist. Never again!

Date PurchasedJan 2016
whitecrow

whitecrowcorowa

Very pleased with it

Quick and quiet all my washing comes out clean no tangled clothes let's me know when finished and I can see my loaded wash
Very good little machine
Would recommend this product to all my friends and family members
Wish I had one year's ago when my kids were all at home

Date PurchasedMar 2016
cherubbabies

cherubbabiesIllawarra, NSW

Remarkable Washing Macine

After 16 years of having a LG Washing Machine which never skipped a beat, we had to upgrade to another LG delight Washing Machine,
We bought the above model online, which was great they delivered the machine installed it and toke our old one away.

This item is fantastic, it's really easy to use, pop your clothes in push the button and it does everything for you, it washes nice and easy,
With little noise, the inside of the machine is always clean and really love the top loader see through lid, I can easily watch my wash
Without having to open the lid.

The clothes come out like new and are rinsed semi dry.

Once again another great LG purchase.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Jeanette Condon

Jeanette CondonHannam Vale

18 years service from the last LG,Lets hope this new one sees me out.

LG make the most remarkable washing machines, my last LG a fuzzy logic astounded me, it went for 18 years with not a single repair or service and I gave it away on Gumtree to a couple wanting a washer for Dog's blankets. My NEW LG is really living up to my expectations, it is so quiet you would not know it is on, it washes the clothes very clean, it is gentle in its action and has a large capacity Smart Drum bowl. My LG is my Laundry Giant. Buy Quality and see the difference in the number of years you get to enjoy your washer. LG. LG. LG. YOU HAVE WONE ME. OH could you make the next model in Red Please. Take your time I will have this new one for ages.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

LG 6.5 kg Top Loader

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Quilter

QuilterToronto NSW

No response from LG

I bought this machine on 6th June 2016. I have had continuous problems of one sort or another. Biggest is that I frequently get dirt/oil marks on my sheets. Have cleaned the tub and filter, but still the same problem. Also had problems with water not draining. Contacted LG by email and was told someone would contact me - nobody has. I would never buy an LG product again based on this product and non response.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Worst machine and customer service ever

The machine flooded my house and when I called LG they had me on hold for over 5 hours... Called back the next day.. I had to arrange a service myself... When I called them to repair the damage from their machine ... over 6 months later and they won't return calls. Won't return my emails... Nothing

Ranee

Ranee

Leaves a lot of lint

Like quick wash cycles 30min, 60min, the alarm at end of cycle is loud and bearable, but machine leaves excessive amount of lint on clothes and all over drum. Black clothes come out horribly covered with lint. Softener area is filled with water & needs to be emptied every cycle

See all LG WTG6532W / WTG7532W / WTG8532WH / WTG9532WH / WTG9532VH reviews

Giuseppe C

Giuseppe Casked

WTG6532W (6.5kg)

Can anyone please tell me the height of the machine with the lid fully open? i need to place it under a drier that is on the wall and i have limited space. Could anyone tell me the for the 6.5kg the total height with the lid fully open?

Kristene

Kristeneasked

WTG6532W (6.5kg)

I get Black specks on my white sheets every time they are washed.
Have regularly used the clean cycle but it doesn't solve the problem.
Apart from that I like the machine. Please help

Emma

Hi Kristine, I have not had this problem but my machine is only a few months old. I did have the same thing with my old machine and the cause was the filters and every other spot that could hide the dirt had it all built up. When my husband took it apart and gave it a good deep clean it fixed it.
Thanks,

Lyn Masked

WTG6532W (6.5kg)

i have had my top load LG washer for about 18months and no problems. I just query that when I put on the tub clean program it takes over 11 hours for this cycle to complete? anyone enlighten me if I am doing something wrong? I just use bi-carb soda and vinegar to clean out the machine then select the tub clean button

Davo
Davo

Hi Lyn
Seems every machine seems to do something different.With ours it was a problem with the main control board and many other parts went wrong as well.A real lemon.
Our tub clean was about 3 hours but everyone I have spoken to gives a different answer.
The biggest problem seems to be the sensors getting confused with what the technicians call fuzzy logic. The technology hasn't been tested well enough and LG won't admit they have a big problem with the machines electronic boards.
It was like taking to a very poorly programed robot when you call customer service .They blame the user for all the faults .It was a real battle to get them to even come out to look at it.Let alone fix it.Don't say you have used bi-carb or vinegar as they will void your warranty.Check the small print in the very contradictary manuel.
There are more excuant them toses y and contradictions than I have ever read before.
There are alot of people online with complaints about these machine and how they never do what they want them to.
Happy reading
David

Lyn M

Thanks for your response and advice

Nicho
Nicho

Hi Lyn,
Our tub clean is also about 3 hours. But my experience with LG service was a bit better they come within 48 hours fixed the problem, I had a block error and couldn't unblock with the trouble shoot. My concern is once my warranty runs out the machine want last long and customer service will be non existent. Last machine lasted for 15 years it also was LG but this one is a big question mark...

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives