Liebherr SBSes 7353

Liebherr SBSes 7353

BlackIce54

BlackIce54South-Eastern Region, NSW

Freezer/Bio-Fresh issue - Andico fixed out of warranty.

Purchased for $8,000.00.

Noise Level
Internal Layout
Household Size 2 person(s)

DavidSydney

Fridge broke - Andi Co fixed - thank you!

It started with the ice-maker not working properly and in the course of a few months we now have a fridge that is irreparable after just over 4 years!

Warranty ran out in July 2018 (invoice date July 2014), the fridge started to be used in Sept '14. Soon after the ice -maker stopped producing ice. At the same time the fridge became increasingly noisier. March 2019 and the fridge freezer side is completely dead with the report from the technician as - "internal gas leak, not repairable".

Andico has resolved the issue to a high satisfaction.

March 2019

Purchased in September 2014 at Winning Appliances for $6,000.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 4 person(s)
David

Thanks for your contact Teneille and your willingness to help. It makes a big difference. I’m looking forward to having this resolved.

Don’t waste your money

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Andi-Co A.Liebherr

Andico service for a quality product in Australia is underwhelming.

Date PurchasedMay 2013
JULES
JULES

Cassie

CassieNewport

Excellent Product & A + Class Service

Wow... what a great fridge! my food stays fresher for longer, best park of this is not wasting money having to throw it out.. the small fridge side with freezer is the perfect temperature for my husbands beer.. "bonus"

I called up Andico Customer service to ask a few questions and the lady was really helpful.

I had red reviews on this product pre-purchase and was a little nervous, after speaking with the sales staff at E&S trading i purchased it and havent looked back.

Overall i couldnt be happier with my liebherr fridge.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

JONHMelbourne

Bad start from Andico but they have since made things right even when out of warranty

Initially we had a lot, a real lot of trouble as seen in an earlier review. Their policy or wiliness to help has really improved over the last 18 months. We have had the big fridge door replaced and the fridge freezer replaced after the warranty had expired. Maybe this website helped I don't know.
The real point is that it got fixed after the warranty expired and this is a real big plus for Andico !!
Whether I would buy Liebherr again in the future is unlikely

Date PurchasedAug 2012

Sreedar

SreedarMelbourne

GREAT FRIDGE! PLENTY OF STORAGE!

Fantastic fridge of high quality. Very easy to load and unload foodstuffs. Excellent cooling and refrigeration, operates very quietly as well. Has been absolutely flawless in operation. To top it all off has a powerful ice maker for the hot summer days! Other features include automatic alarm indicator for doors, adjustable temperature settings for refrigeration as well as cooler.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Andi-Co A.Liebherr

I'm reserving judgement dependent on the response...

We have had our Leibherr for about five years I think. Over the past year the fridge/freezer side unit has been helpfully keeping beer (in the fridge) at a balmy 22 degrees. The freezer meanwhile has also headed for the tropics and alas, no longer cares to freeze. This has been happening repeatedly (and expensively) for at least twelve months. We have had multiple repairs, sensor changes, circuit upgrades and so on, but no solution. As I sit here writing, the fridge buzzes (increasingly loudly) and my beer continues to approach boiling point. Why? How is it that nobody can fix this?

Date PurchasedAug 2012
Ian
Ian

DO NOT BUY.

Bought this 7 years ago. Thought we we were buying the Rolls Royce of fridges but in our mid 50s and keen cooks splashed out. Has never worked. All the storage units have cracked. All shelves have cracked Replaced door handles three times. Now putrid smell from back of fridge. Glue like substance in collection container. Have had to pull it out with huge difficulty. Having now read myriad other reviews can't understand why it is legal to sell this in Australia. Ice maker went about 3 years ago. Water drips down back. Anything that touches rear of fridge freezes. Have thrown out hundreds of dollars of food. Nice woman at Liebbher tells me this is how it is supposed to work. NEVER BUY ONE OF THESE.

Date PurchasedJun 2009

Absolutely unfit for purpose

Freezer/ biofresh failed in two units. L
Antico uninterested. When retailer contacted the unit was finally replaced and now second unit after 12 months has the same problem. Noise from the unit that bad you could not stay in the same room. First set of service men did not have a clue.

Date PurchasedApr 2013
john
john

Contacted as per request only to be told replacement freezer not under warranty even if it is 12 months old but it is if it is not fit for purpose. They seem to be experts in evasion of responsibility.

Freezer and Top Fridge died

Over the past 6 years since we bought our Leibherr we have had nothing but issues. Sensors have been replaced twice; water collected at bottom of freezer, froze and built up under the bottom drawer; door handle snapped off . Now the unit has had an internal gas leak and has been deemed irreparable (this issue was missed by the first tech but determined by another on a subsequent visit ) so we have lost a week which is annoying. Simply great I don't think. With christmas looming I need another fridge/freezer ASAP. Disaster and not what I would expect given the cost.

Date PurchasedAug 2010
Andi-Co A.Liebherr

biggest waste of money we have ever spent.

Date PurchasedNov 2011
Fed up customer
Fed up customer

Steve KBrisbane

Worst Customer service EVER....Don't buy Leibherr

Date PurchasedJul 2008

POS: Quality Pathetic

At the 4 year mark the trouble started i.e. cracked vegetable drawers. Then the freezer packed up and no amount of technical help could sort it out (was re-gassed a few times but was told it had an internal leak and was basically un-fixable). Been living with 2/3's of a fridge and will now need to find one that fits the spot.

BTW: My 20 yo Westinghouse has NEVER missed a beat

NEVER EVER BUY A LIEBHERR!!!!

Liebherr, it's German for lemon

Our Liebherr fridge is 7 years old but soon after it's short warranty expired, something went wrong, needed service and updated electronics, all at our cost. Then a crisper drawer cracked so we had to buy a replacement. Then a second one cracked, Winnings arranged a free replacement. I reinforced the weak edge with aluminium channel glued with silicone; problem solved for now. Liebherr use cheap and brittle polystyrene for plastic parts, not tough but more expensive ABS. Our handle also broke, because what appears to be metal is just silver coloured plastic. Lovely to look at but expensive, cheaply made crap. We've got a 20-year-old Maytag fridge, had a 10 year warranty and nothing has broken or gone wrong.

My Liebherr Lemon

No stars for this lemon ! We are extremely disappointed !
We were "sold" with the claim that this "premium brand" was superior to anything else on the market and that it would operate effectively in excess of 10 years, the price was certainly superior at just under $8000 !!! We then redesigned our new kitchen's fridge space to fit the two units.
We learnt to live with the loud popping noise that was supposedly part of the defrost cycle
After 5 years the freezer suffered an internal gas leak and the repair quote was 12 - 15 hundred dollars.
The freezer went to the tip replaced by another brand at less than a third the cost.
My opinion... DO NOT purchase a Liebherr Fridge !!!

Strawbs5000

Strawbs5000Sydney

Looks great, unfortunately doesn't live up to premium price

I unfortunately bought our Liebherr 3 door fridge about 8 years ago.
The ice maker has broken 3 times - $750 repair cost each time
The handles have broken 3 times - $200 repair cost each time.

Both the ice maker and handles are currently broken. Now looking to buy a new fridge rather than pay any more money repairing our Liebherr.

Please do yourself a favour and avoid this fridge.

Appalling lack of Service

i have 3 side by side fridges. After the freezer stopped working it took 5 weeks of continual chasing & buck passing for Andico to eventually inform me they were not interested in helping me & directed me back to the local agent who in the first place directed me to Andico. Apparently this fridge needs replacing, after the service I received, I will be defiantly considering other options

Great after sales service

Well we also had a problem with our Liebherr Biofresh fridge/freezer which was disappointing BUT we had excellent, prompt and faultless service from the team at Andi-Co. I will also add that we have never had a problem with our standard Liebherr fridge, it has been silent, maintained it's temperature and has been very easy to clean

NO Stars for Liehberr

No stars for Liebherr fridges. I had so many problems, lots of service calls so Liebherr replaced one side.
It is very noisy. It doesn't seem to cope with the hot Queensland summer. Handles break off. Freezer stopped working. Ice maker faulty, fixed multiple times. Freezer frosts up. Sensors stop working. Don't waste your money on this brand.