LigerTel

LigerTel

5.0 from 1 review

See the Best Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Global Travel Sim - LigerTel, Highly Recommended!

I recently travelled to SE Asia on the LigerTel sim and found its connectivity amazing. There were some remote places in the Philippines that my Vodafone sim (on global roaming) just couldn't connect to a local network, however the LigerTel sim latched onto a local network instantly giving me self assurance that I could call someone in the event of an emergency.

Text messaging rates are considerably cheaper @ 56c/sms to an AU number, considering my Vodafone AU (on global roaming) charge 75c/sms.

Delivery was exceptional also. I placed an order and was amazed at the same day delivery. Within 5 hours, I had the sim in hand, activated with credit loaded and ready to use!

User friendly instructions were provided together with some pre-loaded numbers/codes (to retrieve account balance, activate call forwarding / voicemail and other useful functions etc) that automatically appeared in my mobile's contacts list. This was very helpful indeed, especially when on the go so you don't need to memorise all the functionality codes for activation/deactivation.

I found the website easy to navigate with and was easily able to determine call/text/data rates both incoming and outgoing for the different country zones.

Being a frequent traveller, using pre-paid and a number of local country sims makes it difficult for people to get in touch with me especially not knowing which number to contact me on. Thankfully, LigerTel has developed a one number contact (USA or UK) and the ability to continue to utilise that same number by topping up the credit as needed, unlike pre-paid plans forcing you to use the credit on a month to month basis as well as signing up each time to a new local sim whenever you're in another country. Having that one number is definitely convenient for both me and my callers.

Thank you LigerTel. I can't wait for my next travel experience with you abroad.
reliable, cheaper text/call rates, connectivity
incoming call rates are still expensive if not in the UK, EU or USA