Euca Laundry Powder Concentrate

29 questions from our users

Vanessaasked

Where can I purchase the Euca products? Thanks

HI Venessa ,
we have our Laundry Powder with Mitre 10, Repco and most CRT outlets . if you google you will find some IGA's ( not many) have some smaller sizes . then you have the whole range available from our website . Google Euca and these should all pop up . hope this helps. Regards Gavin K

Thanks! Much appreciated.

Gavin K.Euca

you are most welcome , feel free to contact us anytime if you have any questions . regards Gavin K

Roseasked

hello
does this, or the liquid detergent or soaker, contain enzymes, optical brighteners or anything else like that?

Gavin K.Euca

Hi Rose , thanks for the contact. No we dont use enzymes , or optical brighteners . we also don't use the following often found in supermarket brands

Things Euca does not use ;

1. Sodium Sulphate – this is a “Bulking agent” to make you believe you are buying 1kg. 2kg or whatever the pack size says, but in reality, you are paying for a lot of salt, which does not biodegrade easily and adds a lot of salt to the waterways. Beware lots of salt and it will also corrode your machines pumps and connectors

2. Zeolite = a filler. again, to add weight and volume. Although this is a natural product, it is in fact insoluble, so will leave residue in your clothes causing irritation, plus it will build up and clog the inside of your washing machine as well.

3. Polymer = non-biodegradable synthetic from the plastics family, not something you want in your clothes, made to add a nice fabric feel when in reality it can cause issues with skin, and also clog your machine. This is not an eco-friendly product.

4. Enzymes = organic and artificial product that digests protein and great for removing fats and blood easily, sadly it does not know the difference between your skin and last night’s Bolognese. Again, one reason people have skin allergy problems

5. Optical Brightener = just a fluorescent dye in reality, gives the appearance of being whiter than white, made from benzene and disulfonic acid, both are known to be toxic.

Rose

Thanks so much for getting back to me Gavin.
All good news!

Naky

Nakyasked

Where could I find this product ?

Gavin K.Euca

Hi Naky , thanks for the contact, Euca Laundry Powder is found at Mitre10 , Repco and Supercheap autos. the whole range is available on line on our website www.eucaonline.com.au , let me know if you have any issues getting Euca , we are here to help , regards Gavin K

Joanieasked

Where can we buy this on the Gold Coast?

Deb
Deb

Brought mine online, shipped anywhere in Australia

On line from who?

Gavin K.Euca

Hi Deb and Joanie , Gavin Here from Euca .
Joanie , you can Visit www.eucaonline.com.au for our full range, or you can buy the laundry powder in 10kg sizes from Repco or Mitre 10 stores , let me know how you go in getting Euca . we are here to help.
Big thanks to Deb for answering for us here , much appreciated ,

therevillsasked

Where can you buy Euca Laundry from?

Bernie
Bernie

Hi online only. If you live Melbourne you can order and pick up and save 25 percent
Easy online

Gavin K.Euca

Hi all, Euca Laundry powder can be found at Mitre 10, Repco, Burson and some Total Tools stores. regards Gavin K

nadiaasked

My husband is a mechanic, does it wash well with oil soiled clothing? How well does it wash and how much do you use for a top loader?

azura
azura

My husband used to be a mechanic, so I know your pain! Currently he doesn’t get much oil on him anymore, mostly coal dust. He has high vis yellow shirts. I put a bucket in our laundry sink and soak the shirts through the week as he wears them with the euca powder. Then over night after his last shift and wash them the following morning. They come out great, and I don’t add any extra powder just the one scoop to the bucket. If there are difficult stains (hydraulic liquid I think) I soak with sard soak instead and do a prewash. Euca have a soaked powder which I will try when I run out of sard. I’ve been using their powder for two months now and am happy with it. I’ve moved in to use their dishwasher powder too and just got their softener to use on the shirts because it hopefully will help with ironing. One thing I found with this powder is that it dissolves very very well. It smells better than bosistos but doesn’t leave heavy scent on clothes. I don’t have a top loader but I believe they have it listed how much to use on their web site. I use one scoop for a full 8kg front loader. I find they come out soft without using softener too. Hope this answer helps.

nadia

Hi azura, thank you so much for the reply! How long did you soak the shirts? Was it over night and wash the next day? I once ruined his black shirts as i soaked it using the machine soaking setting (whoch totalled the washing time almost 3 hours including soaking but i used a different product though) and the black colour shirts became like it was an old dark grey shirt after a couple of months washing that way lolz.

Hi Nadia , many thanks for the contact, and a big Thanks to Azura as well ,
Euca Laundry powder (and liquid as well) can be applied directly to any bad soils before a wash, add a dash of water and emulsify gently. then into the wash, you can as Azura said, soak in a tub using the Euca Laundry powder or liquid. The Soaker is a great way as well to get stuck into kids clothes etc, but we recommend to only soak for a short time before wash, no need to leave for ages. 30 to 40 min, in a warm water blend is great.
top loaders need a bit more product, so 30 to 40g of powder and 30 to 50ml of liquid depending on size and soils . let me know if any other questions, regards Gavin K

Sue B

Sue Basked

Is the powder or liquid better for new bosch 8 kg front loader washers? thanks

kelvin
kelvin

I use the powder and find it very good.

Gavin K.Euca

Sue, Euca is perfect for your Bosch front loader , it’s a pure concentrate so if it’s a high efficiency machine Euca will perform even better . You can use cold water as well , fully 100% soluble. Regards Gavin k

Teresa S.

Teresa S.asked

Hi I need help to remove the bung from a 10kg tub of liquid washing soap

Hi Teresa ,
thanks for the contact ,
How to insert the tap on any Euca Liquid drum, 10lt and 20lt

You will need either a large flat head screw driver or other wide blade tool like a butter knife etc

NOTE- the bung is the insert in the lower front of the container just under the label.

1. While the drum is upright - remove black top lid and then remove the tap hidden screwed in under the lid.
2. replace black lid - tight enough not to leak.
3. place drum on its back side, with the white bung (plug) facing upright
4. remove the bung with selected tools you have.
5. screw in the tap clockwise (so its firm only) ... when turning determine when will be the last rotation to allow the mouth of the tap to face down. Do Not Over Tighten as this may damage the thread
6. in some instances you may have to turn the tap backwards anticlockwise to allow the mouth of the tap to face down. if you feel it maybe too loose in the thread. you can remove the tap again and place some plumbing tape around the thread or glad wrap to allow a tighter fit. Do not cover or block the back of the tap that goes into the container . Note- They are mass produced, so they don’t always tighten to the “down position” .
7. Check tap appears firm and that the tap handle is facing vertical (to what would be vertical if standing upright) This is the closed / off position so it does not pour out when standing back upright.
8. Return the drum to the upright position, check the tap is closed and no leaks.
9. While upright check for any leaks from the tap or thread area. In some cases you may need a small container to catch drips from the tap (small drips) from each use, plus over time the tap can drip (not the most expensive tap in the world so it can drip sometimes) .
10. Loosen the black lid on top to allow the product to flow out of the tap (air pressure) - note sometimes you need to remove cap fully - or tip drum forward to get a good flow - always be careful when doing this

regards Gavin K

Chloe M.
Chloe M.

Hi Gavin, this is not working. The bung on the front does not come out we have tried everything!!

Gavin K.Euca

Hi Chloe - please email me gavin@eucaonline.com.au we will work this out for you , regards Gavin K

Barry W.

Barry W.asked

where to buy

John
John

Gavin K.Euca

Thanks John , Hi Barry , yes John is correct we have the full range available on line on our website, you can visit some Mitre 10 stores or Repco stores for the powder 10kg, they may have to order in the Liquid in 10lt but generally don't stock the other sizes or ranges, hope this helps. let us know if you have any other questions .

Kerri W.asked

Hi! I just bought the laundry powder for the firsr time because of the positive reviews!

It came with a bonus fabric conditioner but there's no instructions on how to use it or how much to use. I've never used fabric softener before so I'm a newbie! :-). Can anyone help with this information? Thanks!

Dani

Hi, I’m not too sure but if you check the website or send them an email, I’m sure they can help. I haven’t used the softener yet, but the soaker is great!

Kerri W.

Hi Dani. Thanks very much for responding to my query :-)

I checked the website but unfortunately there's no information relating to my query.

Thanks for your feedback about the soaker. I use soaker also but a different brand right now. I may switch over now :-)

Hi Kerri
apologies we did not include the below info on the Mitre10 Bonus pack, we are fixing this for future batches ..
see a cut and paste of info below for you. let me know if you need any more information , regards Gavin K __________________________________________

Euca Fabo Fabric Conditioner. A highly concentrated final wash aid that will enrich your fabrics to make them feel luxurious, softer and fresher plus also make your ironing easier. It has anti-static properties that make it particularly good for all synthetic blend fabrics. Euca Fabo utilises Australian eucalyptus oil to clean plus deodorise naturally, is sodium and phosphate free and ideal for top and front loading washes. Euca Fabo is suitable for all septic, bio and grey water systems, is low allergenic for those with skin sensitivities.
Premium quality ultra-concentrate liquid
Made with pure Australian Eucalyptus oil
Sodium & Phosphate free and environmentally friendly
100% water soluble
Low allergenic and contains no fillers or synthetic perfumes
Can be used in hot or cold water, Top or front loaders
Use less per wash and costs less overall
Suitable for industrial, commercial and domestic use
Suitable for septic and grey water systems
Not tested on animals

TOP LOADER: Use 40ml (2 x tablespoons)
FRONT LOADER: Use 20ml (1 x tablespoon)

So, what is the main difference in Euca Fabo Fabric Softener to regular fabric softeners? The quick answer is Euca fabric softener is similar to most others, but is a much higher concentrate, 100% soluble and has more active solids to make your clothes feel even more soft and fresh. Euca Fabo works better and quicker, while using less to save you money.
Often Fabric Softeners are linked to a sludge that can form in washing machines and is why its mentioned to “Not use”. This “sludge / gunk” is not actually the fabric softener itself, but the solids in the softener (any softener) reacting with the undissolved detergents from the “cleaning powder or liquids” being used. If you use Euca Laundry powder or Liquid, its 100% soluble and no residue. The Softener has nothing to react with to cause this sludge.
So, if you use our Euca Laundry detergent Liquid or Powder with Euca Fabo Fabric softener you will have no issues at all. Remember Euca keeps your washing machine clean inside as well.

kathykiwi

kathykiwiasked

Can you use water from washing machine to water lawns??

Dani

Hi,yes,according to the Euca website you can - I would have guessed yes anyway as the waste water is not oily or soapy like with traditional powders.

Hi Kathy and Dani

Kathy
All Euca is designed to be biodegradable so nil to minimal impact to the environment. It depends on what you are cleaning that changes that equation as oily work clothes can make the water contaminated.

Our powder has one of the lowest phosphate content and is pharmaceutical grade so perfect for lawn and plants .

Our liquid has no phosphate as not needed in a liquid formula

Dani
Many thanks for answering as well , much appreciated. Yes you are correct.

Let me know if you have have any questions as we are always happy to help
Regards

Araasked

Hi just woundering,where i can buy this laundry powder please?

Rebecca G.

I ordered mine direct from Euca and had it sent out

Dave R
Dave R

Depending on where you live? I live in WA and buy mine through Covs Parts (an automotive parts supplier). They often have it on special, and I find the 25kg bucket is the cheapest way to buy it.

Ara

How much does it cost for 25 kg?is it gonna be cheap if i order more than 20 kg?

Asher T.

Asher T.asked

Is this product ok on brand name materials ?

Rebecca G.

Yes its perfectly safe.. better than store bought with no harsh chemicals

Hi Asher, and a big thanks to Rebecca as well,
Yes, as Rebecca said, we dont have any nasties in our products, and we also make and sell natural soap blends as well like our Soft Wash and Castile , so Euca is very safe for all materials and brands.
we are always available to chat more if you want, send me an email if any more questions . gavin@eucaonline.com.au

Jemima M.

Jemima M.asked

Hi there,
I have recently bought a 10kg tub of laundry liquid. Keen to use it but can't work out how to get the 'bung' out so I can put in the tap, have pulled out my tools but not luck yet. Any tips as to how best to do this?

Hi Jemima,
I am so sorry that I have been slack in viewing all areas of this forum, I missed your message . Please email me on gavin@eucaonline.com.au I will arrange a bung tool for you . its a simple tool that helps to remove the bung. a large screwdriver is good in the meantime as well. I have a detailed instruction page as well . let me know if you have any other questions , regards Gavin K

Sharon J

Sharon Jasked

Hi I have a front loader 7 kg washing machine and three mechanics with filthy clothes. Does it work on greasy, oily clothes effectively?

nadia

Hi i would like to know too, hubby a mechanic as well.

Hi Sharon and Nadia.
Thanks for the questions, and apologies to Sharon for the delay in reply.
For straight grease removal Euca has been very effective. Euca was originally launched with Repco as a laundry wash for mechanic overalls, just over time it has been found to be effective for allergies and being eco for what " we don't put in it" .
Re greasy clothes, At times depending on the build up or density of the soiling you can make a paste with the powder, apply to highly soiled areas , let sit for / or soak for a short while then wash.

We have since worked with a number of Health and Beauty parlors to help clean essential oils out of robes and towels, so for this we created our "Pre wash" spray made from Eucalyptus and Citrus. This is highly effective in removing soaked in essential oils, which are in fact harder to remove than automotive grease.

let me know if any other questions, as always happy to help
, regards Gavin K @ Euca

Deborahasked

Hi
I have a new 14kg washing machine and am not sure how much Euca washing powder I should use. Any help? Absolutely love all your products plus you are AUSTRALIAN owned HOORAY !!! Thank you in advance

Hi Deborah,
Not knowing if you have a top loader or front, so apologies I will give you both.

Front Loader 20g (about a tablespoon )
Top Loader 40g

You can up or down the amount depending on dirt / soiling . Note the hardest part about Euca is getting used to using so little.

Let me know if you need any more information, as we are always happy to help

Deborah

Thank you Gavin for your reply. Wow that is so much less then I have been using. I better readjust my measurements. Thanks you

Rina T

Rina Tasked

What is the difference between Euca Laundry detergent and Euca Lightning Laundry detergent?

Hi Rina
Not sure if you are asking the difference between Euca Laundry Liquid vs the Euca Laundry Powder ?
If its this, then they are two completely different designs, but follow the same philosophy in no fillers , no perfume and no nasties . The liquid is completely phosphate free, where as the powder has a small amount that is compatible with soil and plants to aid growth.

If you are asking about the brand name "Lightning" . Lightning was the company name up until November 2018 that made Euca. We changed our name due to selling the Lightning side of the business. We still make Euca but under the "Proud Products Pty Ltd" name .

hope this helps answer your questions

Joy

Joyasked

Can I buy in 20 kgbulk ?

Gavin K.Euca

Hi Joy, Funny you should ask that, as we have just launched our 20kg tub of Euca Laundry Powder at eucaonline.com.au

Product #106T20 ...
Let me know if you have any other questions, we are always happy to help

WENDY
WENDY

I bought the 25kg bucket but they do now have 10kg in a boxed version. Which is good because I can also refill the bucket when I have run out of laundry powder. Hope this helps. Kind Regards.

Karen

Karenasked

Is Euca good for washing woolens?

Gavin K.Euca

Hi Karen, Thanks for taking the time to ask us a question, yes Euca is great with woollens as we have a great sponsor in a local Australian Wool manufacturer who recommends Euca powder and liquid ( Silver Fleece in South Australia)

That said, we do specially make our Soft Wash which is specifically made for Wool and all delicates. We recommend our Soft wash as its a more pure soap based wash that wont remove the lanolin from wool.

We have this available on our website now …

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us, always happy to help . Regards Gavin K - Euca On Line

Faiz

Faizasked

Why does this detergent have so many reviews when it is hardly available anywhere? I notice that most reviewers have only ever left one review. Something is clearly not right.

Hi Mansuri
Thanks for taking the time to ask a question about Euca.
We appreciate all our customers comments good or bad .
Euca is available through Repco ( for about 30 years ) Blackwoods and through select mitre10 and IGA stores . We also have our online website as well as our means to showcase the whole range available.
Euca is unique and not in mainstream supermarkets .
Customers are welcome to comment on this review website and we have a link to this site on ours to let them know.
In relation to customers only making one post , I'm not sure the issue here as we assume that would normally be the case .
Always happy to answer any questions you might have
Regards Gavin K

Get an answer from our members and Euca representatives